Options

Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• Options
    Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else off to HRH this week-end? Y&T, Krokus, BigElf, Schenker, Queensryche, Blue Oyster Cult, Diamond Head among 55 plus bands over 3 days.
    Really looking forward to seeing Y&T for the first time in 15 odd years.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Anyone else off to HRH this week-end? Y&T, Krokus, BigElf, Schenker, Queensryche, Blue Oyster Cult, Diamond Head among 55 plus bands over 3 days.

Saw Y&T a few years ago, just before Phil sadly died.

They were excellent. Dave is a truly talented man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Saw Y&T a few years ago, just before Phil sadly died.

They were excellent. Dave is a truly talented man.

Been a huge fan since I bought 'Mean Streak' on vinyl all those years ago. Dave is a wonderful guitarist and IMO never gets the credit outside of rock that he deserves.
    I've heard from a few friends that Schenker is back on form after kicking his demons and the set list he is playing at the moment is fantastic, visiting The Scorpions, MSG and UFO.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow, and to think I saw the ones I've highlighted in the 1980s..... ;-)

Bigelf are awesome live, though, saw them loads of times when Cheat The Gallows came out although in the end that almost destroyed them.

I saw Babymetal @ Brixton Academy on Saturday and if anyone thinks they will be a flash in the pan will be sorely disappointed. They were brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a huge fan since I bought 'Mean Streak' on vinyl all those years ago. Dave is a wonderful guitarist and IMO never gets the credit outside of rock that he deserves.
    I've heard from a few friends that Schenker is back on form after kicking his demons and the set list he is playing at the moment is fantastic, visiting The Scorpions, MSG and UFO.

I saw Y&T on the Mean Streak tour and met them, and their support band for that tour Rock Goddess, they were really great guys and I agree they never really got the credit they deserved. :)

Michael Schenker played @ High Voltage in 2011 and was superb, as good as he's been for years and he looked like he was thoroughly enjoying himself. His brother Rudolph flew in from Germany just to play the second half of his set. :D
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I saw Mad Micky Schenker play in UFO, when the classic line-up reformed and played at a packed London Astoria.

Micky was off his rocker. He just stood in the same spot all night. At the end of the gig, two roadies had to come on and carry him off.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One by Metallica, as played on Medieval instruments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTCiuTUaEvs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Y&T on the Mean Streak tour and met them, and their support band for that tour Rock Goddess, they were really great guys and I agree they never really got the credit they deserved. :)

Michael Schenker played @ High Voltage in 2011 and was superb, as good as he's been for years and he looked like he was thoroughly enjoying himself. His brother Rudolph flew in from Germany just to play the second half of his set. :D

Rock Goddess have just reformed and possibly will play at Hard Rock Hell next year. Fingers crossed as I've not seen them in years either.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    One by Metallica, as played on Medieval instruments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTCiuTUaEvs

I enjoyed that. I'm rather partial to Medieval Metal anyway - bands such as In Extremo or Saltatio Mortis
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My copy of Whitesnake Live In 1984: Back To The Bone arrived yesterday :D

Haven't got watching it yet though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title track from the upcoming ACDC album, Rock or Bust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klrYlnkImHA
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title track from the upcoming ACDC album, Rock or Bust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klrYlnkImHA
    Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Cliff and Angus

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2mebk6/we_are_angus_young_and_cliff_williams_from_acdc/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »

Love the answer to the "American thighs" question :D
    ANGUS: Like in the song? How are they different? Well, they just have a look about them. And I guess when the song was written - it's a bit like when you see cheerleaders. They're just very "healthy looking" thighs. We weren't writing about Kentucky Fried drumstick legs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back from Hard Rock Hell, wow, what a week-end we had. Diamond Head's new (again) singer is spot on vocally, and they played a fantastic old skool set, 'Am I Evil' was the best I've heard it sound since the 'Borrowed Time' tour. BigElf were brilliant, Y&T totally brilliant, as were so many of the other bands. I'm back there in March for this
    http://www.hammerfest.co.uk/news/29-news-home/380-hrh-united.html

Finally got to see Lizzy Borden after all these years as well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Slipknot are the first headliners for Download 2015. I would rather have Judas Priest headline as I really don't like Slipknot.

https://www.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-17/slipknot-named-download-2015-headliners
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously cannot say 100% but I would say Muse and KISS followed by Motley Crue will be confirmed shortly.
    ;-)
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Obviously cannot say 100% but I would say Muse and KISS followed by Motley Crue will be confirmed shortly.
    ;-)

Don't forget Enter Shikari ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Don't forget Enter Shikari ;-)

Think that was on the fake mocked up poster. I have no idea on any other band :)
  • Options
    richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Back from Hard Rock Hell, wow, what a week-end we had. Diamond Head's new (again) singer is spot on vocally, and they played a fantastic old skool set, 'Am I Evil' was the best I've heard it sound since the 'Borrowed Time' tour. BigElf were brilliant, Y&T totally brilliant, as were so many of the other bands. I'm back there in March for this
    http://www.hammerfest.co.uk/news/29-news-home/380-hrh-united.html

Finally got to see Lizzy Borden after all these years as well :)

Glad to hear that Diamond Head were on form, I'm seeing them on Friday. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richparr wrote: »
    Glad to hear that Diamond Head were on form, I'm seeing them on Friday. :)

You're in for a treat mate, if they keep the same setlist it'll knock your socks off !!!
  • Options
    richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    You're in for a treat mate, if they keep the same setlist it'll knock your socks off !!!

Lets hope they do. Also been a fan since the days of 'Borrowed Time' but this will be the first time I've caught them live.

Was to young to travel back in them days, and living in the countryside meant that they never played anywhere near, so really looking forward to Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ;-)

Muse announced this morning and Gene Simmons has already let slip via Twitter they are headlining on Sunday, followed by a very quick retraction of course.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richparr wrote: »
    Lets hope they do. Also been a fan since the days of 'Borrowed Time' but this will be the first time I've caught them live.

Was to young to travel back in them days, and living in the countryside meant that they never played anywhere near, so really looking forward to Friday.

I was fortunate enough to see them @ Reading in 1982. They stepped in at short notice because Manowar were refused work visas and couldn't play!! :D

Brian Tatler said on the notes to their Live @ The BBC compilation, as it was recorded for The Friday Rock Show, he thought that was their best ever set. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian Johnson reckons Gene Simmons is terribly wrong and I agree

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-21/ac-dc-brian-johnson-gene-simmons-rock-is-dead

As long as rock bands keep making rock and fans keep digging it, rock is not dead.
  • Options
    StockingsStockings Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I went to see Diamond Head last Friday.
    I was right down the front. What a classic set they played.
    I shook hands with all of them at the end of the gig. I've met Brian before and he's still the unassuming gentlemen he's always been.
    Superb stuff.