ANOTHER rock station to start on dab..

15678911»

Comments

• Black LabelBlack Label Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    archie204 wrote: »
    Has breakfast presenter Chris Kane left the station?

Yes so I believe, with George Aitchieson now doing the show having recently left YOUR radio.

There is rather a bit of presenter-churn at the mo generally. It's like 1999 all over again.
  • Media PrincessMedia Princess Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Yes so I believe, with George Aitchieson now doing the show having recently left YOUR radio.

There is rather a bit of presenter-churn at the mo generally. It's like 1999 all over again.

Seems to have been some more presenter changes at the station according to the schedule :confused:
  • DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah heard on another post. To be honest wasn't a station I really listened to much. Occasionally tuned into the football show.
    Hopefully tho it b back on as planned.
  • Black LabelBlack Label Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Rocksport well and hope they are indeed back on air soon but I think a change of strategy may be in order.

This is a safety-first station that avoids controversy. Well I need to clarify that. It 'manages' controversy in such a way as to be non existant. So far as football is concerned, this really only occurs during Bill Young's 'Football Forum' and it is more often than not him putting a devil's advocate point-of view that the pundits then react to.

The station has been at pains to avoid becoming some kind of daytime rolling Superscorecoard (i.e. mostly Old Firm) chatter. A squiz through their facebook page tells the obvious. Links to old football nostalgia, dull fixture news et al.......all while avoiding the elephant in the room. I.e. will or when Ronny Deila resign or be sacked?

To me Rocksports's strategy....while worthy by trying to tell a more positive story about Scottish football and sport generally....... just hasn't worked. It's a bit like McDonalds just not selling hamburgers. Where's the beef?

This station strikes me as something that can only fly by being a mostly rolling Celtic/Rangers/Hearts/Hibs ding-dong with the presenters refereeing it all and getting the tunes out in between.

I wonder if this is what any new owner has in mind. YES i know......a product like this may be a harder sell to advertisers than others but at least with this there will be a much bigger audience to sell than before. Think Kelvin Mackenzie when he took over Live TV from Janet Street Porter?
  • Ethan RayneEthan Rayne Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only have an interest in the station because Tom Russell does a couple of shows on it, however Rock and Sport always struck me as uneasy bedfellows, in Manchester the local rock station is about to undergo a rebrand and for the first time include a football show, when in the past presenters have tried to talk football it has been met with a mixture of indifference and hostility, looking at the Facebook page that attitude of the listeners doesn't seem to of changed.