Any good movies on tonight TV

Jaydogg_HomeJaydogg_Home Posts: 215
Forum Member
Got sky all the channels. mot wanting romance or factual stuff. Thanks. I like Action, horror, thriller, sifi, adventure, mystery etc.

Comments

• dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes on C4 in about half hour.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes on C4 in about half hour.

I was going to mention that. Have not seen it myself, but it's got a 7.6 rating on IMDB, so I'll give it a watch.

Also, Zodiac in on BBC2 at 10pm (7.7 rating on IMDB). Have seen this and thought it was very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to mention that. Have not seen it myself, but it's got a 7.6 rating on IMDB, so I'll give it a watch.

Also, Zodiac in on BBC2 at 10pm (7.7 rating on IMDB). Have seen this and thought it was very good.

Never liked Planet of the Apes, I was just bored one night and watched it on Sky Movies, I would personally give it a 8.5/9 out of 10...it really is a good film.
  • Jaydogg_HomeJaydogg_Home Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Cool, I'll give apes a watch then Zodiac, keep them coming guys
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharknado on Pick, anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharknado on Pick, anyone?

Might give that a go, haven't seen it yet.
  • LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phantom Menace on right now. I had forgotten what a monumentally awful film this is The acting is bad to the point where it is actually funny.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Lojen wrote: »
    Phantom Menace on right now. I had forgotten what a monumentally awful film this is The acting is bad to the point where it is actually funny.

All that and its still the best (or maybe least awful?) of the prequels IMO
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    All that and its still the best (or maybe least awful?) of the prequels IMO

I actually think some cheese aside, Revenge of the Sith was quite an okay Star Wars film. To be honest, the original trilogy was full of cheese as well. :p
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shallow Grave/ Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning are on back-to-back from 11.25pm on Film4 tonight if you enjoy the scary ones :D
  • Jaydogg_HomeJaydogg_Home Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes was good, oh god dont get me started on Phantom Menace, lol preditor 2's on right now after apes so sticking to that, any thing on after 1.05AM thats decent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Shallow Grave/ Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning are on back-to-back from 11.25pm on Film4 tonight if you enjoy the scary ones :D

oohh thanks just in time to set recorder :D
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I actually think some cheese aside, Revenge of the Sith was quite an okay Star Wars film. To be honest, the original trilogy was full of cheese as well. :p

I would rank the prequels Phantom, Revenge and then Attack of the Clones.

Revenge has the look of a Playstation 2 platform game and the hilarious Anakin turning into Vader moment which just completely destroys the film.

I fell asleep during Clones (at the cinema) and even on DVD it took me 3 attempts to get thru it without drifting off. I find it an astoundingly bad film.

The cartoonish look and feel of the prequels ruins then IMO, I wish they had used models like in the originals rather than CGI which somehow manages to look more dated already.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zodiac on BBC HD should look really good as the Bluray version is known to be one of the better looking transfers.

I saw Sharknado on Wednesday, wasn't too bad, I've seen a lot worst this year.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zodiac on BBC HD should look really good as the Bluray version is known to be one of the better looking transfers.

I saw Sharknado on Wednesday, wasn't too bad, I've seen a lot worst this year.

It never ceases to amaze just how good the Zodiac blu-ray is. It was one of the first blu-rays I ever bought and even now it's still in the top 5 best looking blu-rays I own.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything deece on tonight? :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alien is on tonight on Film4
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Guard on tnight, Monday.

Superb, with the equally superb Brendan Gleason.