Options

301 and 302 get epg listings

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    It's not that we can't provide it - the BBC obviously makes listings available to a wide range of different services, and I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem with providing it to other DTT EPG providers.

However those providers would need to add it to their systems as, obviously, we don't control what they cover.

Hope that explains.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    GaryB wrote: »
    Would you BBC chaps have any idea if there are any plans to simulcast any BBC1/2 programmes on 301/302 without the music tracks as you previously did with the Alan Titchmarsh programme?

I'm afraid I don't know of any plans.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More important would be to get the 301/2 schedules to TVGenius, tvgude.co.uk etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to BBCi Tech team for prompt and very informative replies. Has helped me to understand more fully problems with putting listings on interactive streams. Many thanks again.
  • Options
    GaryBGaryB Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    More important would be to get the 301/2 schedules to TVGenius, tvgude.co.uk etc

As long as they're on the EPG, preferably for the full 7 days, that's fine by me. The EPG is what I use to program my PVR, so that's where I need the schedules.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True.

But when I am busy I frequently miss many of the Interactive shows, not knowing in advance that there is anything on.
  • Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While it would be very nice to have the schedules published everywhere and the red button silliness removed, let's be thankful for what we do have. After all, it's taken many years to get it.

John