Bargain Hunt - your favourite expert

Comments

• CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would probably help if he kept his head still for a second.
    It wobbles uncontrollably when he talks.
    Such a naff presenter.

Have you noticed how naff folk always think that wearing 'wacky' glasses or bow-ties (or both with this fool) will disguise how utterly dull they are.

Tim is a lovely chap who has gentleman written all the way through him like a stick of Blackpool rock but it is rare these days to find anyone who has the great advantage of Tim’s impeccable manners.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anita is my favourite expert and a great auctioneer who always gets a good price by going up as she does in £10 increments. Not keen on Catherine (leather bound perfume bottles or telescope) Southern who is dismissive and wants her own way so love it when her contestants make a profit from the items they have chosen. If she knew how much she irritated me when she leans on her contestants she’d always stand on her own two feet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Tim is a lovely chap who has gentleman written all the way through him like a stick of Blackpool rock but it is rare these days to find anyone who has the great advantage of Tim’s impeccable manners.

Each to their own.

Personally I find him a great irritant, what with his "orf" & "leftover-lolly" & ridiculous wobbling head.

Anita always seems very nice though, I like her.
  • Nard DogNard Dog Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anita is my favourite expert and a great auctioneer who always gets a good price by going up as she does in £10 increments. Not keen on Catherine (leather bound perfume bottles or telescope) Southern who is dismissive and wants her own way so love it when her contestants make a profit from the items they have chosen. If she knew how much she irritated me when she leans on her contestants she’d always stand on her own two feet.

That is why no one round Glasgow goes to her auctions as she goes up in 10s when everyone else goes up in 1, 2s or 5s

mug punter paradise.:rolleyes:
  • billyboy789billyboy789 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nard Dog wrote: »
    That is why no one round Glasgow goes to her auctions as she goes up in 10s when everyone else goes up in 1, 2s or 5s

mug punter paradise.:rolleyes:

BH contestants always do well when they are at Anita's auction house, there's always a full house and the folk are keen to buy and have a bit of fun, a marked contrast to some of the other venues.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, some of those Auction Houses look empty with no one bidding,I wish I could find one like that. I go to Hansons and when Bargain Hunt is there you can hardly get in it is so busy, although many are just gawpers because the t.v. is there.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on Catherine (leather bound perfume bottles or telescope) Southern who is dismissive and wants her own way so love it when her contestants make a profit from the items they have chosen. If she knew how much she irritated me when she leans on her contestants she’d always stand on her own two feet.
    Or both! :D
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I go to Hansons and when Bargain Hunt is there you can hardly get in it is so busy, although many are just gawpers because the t.v. is there.
    Miss Hornblower? ;)
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Hornblower? ;)

I would love to see the inside of her house
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see the inside of her house

She was on Cash in the Attic recently, she has a beautifull old cottage in the Derbyshire countryside crammed floor to ceiling with antiques, she has been on other shows too. She has a doll museum and is also a valuer for Hansons.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was on Cash in the Attic recently, she has a beautifull old cottage in the Derbyshire countryside crammed floor to ceiling with antiques, she has been on other shows too. She has a doll museum and is also a valuer for Hansons.

It's a costume museum that Miss Hornblower runs, she is also a Textiles and Vintage Costume Expert at Hansons
    http://www.hopehousemuseum.co.uk/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was that the lady at the auctions? I'd never have recognised her wihout a hat on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    bloodynora wrote: »
    It's a costume museum that Miss Hornblower runs, she is also a Textiles and Vintage Costume Expert at Hansons
    http://www.hopehousemuseum.co.uk/

Do you think that's her real name and if so, what's Notty short for ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Anita Manning is by far my favourite, I also liked David Barby (didnt even know he has passed away!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Anne Droyd wrote: »
    There are only 2 decent experts on there and both are Scottish. The rest are about as useful as a chocolate teapot and perform no better than an average carbooter would. The little fat guy with the piggy eyes is about the worst.

Paul Laidlaw & James Lewis are by far the best. "The little fat guy with the piggy eyes" would be Thomas Plant-absolutely useless and so pompous, Catherine Southern also gets right up my nose. :p
  • humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on the BBC Points of View site and all I did was refer to Tim as "Mr Dickie-Bow". The post was deleted. He is obviously sensitive to comments and they are keeping him happy. Anyway. I can say what I think here. I hate him perving over the good looking females. Dirty git.
  • humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The women are more pompous than the males. Catherine Southern thinks her shit doesnt stink
  • chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Tim Wonnacott. The biggest profit I've seen on BH is from an item that he practically forced a team to buy. All the other "experts" seem to be useless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I quite like the new expert/auctioneer (she does both) Natasha Raskin
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Laidlaw & James Lewis are by far the best. "The little fat guy with the piggy eyes" would be Thomas Plant-absolutely useless and so pompous, Catherine Southern also gets right up my nose. :p

Paul Laidlaw is useless but I love James Lewis and Anita Manning :-)
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Paul Laidlaw is useless but I love James Lewis and Anita Manning :-)

Pish and Tish.

I would bet that Laidlaw's Bonus Buys collectively have made the most money of any comparable expert AND that he is in possession of the most Golden Gavels.

Top Geezer, even with those teeth.
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that JP bloke, he's rather cute ;-)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Anita Manning. She seems to know what she's talking about. Tim is ok as well :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    Pish and Tish.

I would bet that Laidlaw's Bonus Buys collectively have made the most money of any comparable expert AND that he is in possession of the most Golden Gavels.

Top Geezer, even with those teeth.

I agree, Paul Laidlaw always seems to make a profit with his bonus buys, unlike some of the other "experts" who haven't a clue,
  • dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, Paul Laidlaw always seems to make a profit with his bonus buys, unlike some of the other "experts" who haven't a clue,

Charles Hanson instantly comes to mind. Not only is he useless (the contestants' choices usually do better than his) but he is also so irritating.