Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 18)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    The more I see City's defence, the more I feel we may cause them problems on Thursday, especially if Demichelis plays. However, they're probably thinking along similar lines with Skrtel is pushing the boundaries of legal defending right now.

Another 2-2 would do me just fine. With their home record, even against the better sides, that would represent a good day's work.

Bottom line is I just want us to emerge from the game with our recent confidence still intact having done ourselves justice.

I am hoping Rogers has told Skrtel he needs to cool it a bit, he was heading well into handing out a penalty with Cardiff - bad lad!
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Trying to guess the line up for the game. Most of it sorts itself except the defence. Two big questions for me - Agger in? Flanagan out?

Now - Agger, if fit, feels like he should be in, but Sakho has been settling into his role well.

Flanagan - I know this seems harsh, but he will be facing some of the best in the world and I don't think it's out of order to ask if he's quite ready for this... I'd hate for him to have a shocker and find his confidence takes a hit.

Maybe something like this -

Mignolet

Johnson ---- Sktel
    Agger
    Sakho

Lucas
    Allen

Sterling
    Henderson
    Coutinho

Suarez

Either that or maybe Kelly at RB and Johnson over to LB, but I think we could do with Johnson on the right as an attacking threat.
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good first half for us that.

Boring game but I will take that for Liverpool to stay top.
    Forum Member
    On the plus side it looks like Spurs are doing their best to take themselves out of the race for a CL spot so at least that's one less team to worry about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, top for Xmas!!:D
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    On the plus side it looks like Spurs are doing their best to take themselves out of the race for a CL spot so at least that's one less team to worry about.

A crazy appointment

Top at xmas.

:D
    Forum Member
    Top of the league? What a nice Christmas present guys and girls!
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good result for us that, top for Chrimbo! :cool:
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a result for us, It's very tight at the top but what a year 2013 has been.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top of the league!

Now we have 2 easy fixtures to cement our position :D
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    We're top for christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE best present ever
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Yippeeee!!!!

Top at Christmas :D

Fingers crossed now.....:):)
  • Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MOTD deleted off schedule, no way am I watching that shite again.
  • Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not wanting to jinx it but the last team to top the table at Christmas that ended up not winning the league was Liverpool. Since then the team at the top at Christmas has always gone on to win the title.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Lawro2 wrote: »
    Not wanting to jinx it but the last team to top the table at Christmas that ended up not winning the league was Liverpool. Since then the team at the top at Christmas has always gone on to win the title.

yeah but this time we wont get a crazy and not needed rant by our manager. ;-)
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well.. I've been one of your biggest critics in terms of your top 4 chances but you've been such a strong, fantastic team in recent months and on the strength of tonights poor game, you fully deserve to be top at Christmas so fair play.

I'm loving the top of the table as a premier league fan at the moment. Can we say it;s 8 teams rooting for a top 4 place. It's all so tight up there. :)
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top of the league.

Merry Christmas Liverpool supporters :D
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Merry Xmas all! :D
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Merry Xmas all - see you on Boxing Day ! :)
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a great position to be in. And after Sunday, we'll have played five out of our six rivals away meaning we have a real opportunity to affect things at home in the second half of the season. Two draws wouldn't be a total disaster in the next five days with that in mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Very Merry Top Of The Table Xmas to all LFC thread and DS football forum members:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be happy with two draws from the next two matches, even if it likely means we'll slip from top spot.

Going to be bold and predict 4points though:o
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Top of the league!

Now we have 2 easy fixtures to cement our position :D

Man City say hi! ;-)
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man City say hi! ;-)

Man City? Not seen them play in a while, are they doing alright?

Is Shaun Goater still as formidable as he once was?
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Man City say hi! ;-)

Gulp........hiya :blush:

:D
This discussion has been closed.