Options

Cricket on Sky - no "scorebar"

howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
Forum Member
✭✭✭
WI v ENG 20/20 tonight.
Just a small box bottom-left with all you need to know, rather than a rectangular box hiding the bottom of the screen. The scorebox disappears behind it when the ball's bowled.
Much better IMO and I hope a sign of things to come? Or are the scorebox-freaks turning off in droves because the screen furniture is absent tonight ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred the scoreboard they used back in 2006. It gave viewers the relevant information without taking up too much space.
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be a sign of things to come for Sky Sports as it's not their production and not their score graphics. Ten Sports have used that type of score box in T20 games for a few months now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJdVsg26wFs
  • Options
    chrisfinchchrisfinch Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Alex2606 wrote: »
    Won't be a sign of things to come for Sky Sports as it's not their production and not their score graphics. Ten Sports have used that type of score box in T20 games for a few months now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJdVsg26wFs

Funny thing is though, if Sky were to bring their cricket graphics in line with football ones, it would probably look a fair bit like what TEN are doing here,
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    If it is TEN SPORTS' one and not Sky's, they look very close to the graphics Sky use right now (With the glassy outline)
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be possible that someone from Sky saw the glassy outline on the Ten Sports coverage video that I posted from last summer and thought it might make a decent addition to their football scorebar
  • Options
    colly_tygcolly_tyg Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or do all the cricket broadcasters use the same cricket scoring software package and just customize the look of it???

Maybe someone knows...
  • Options
    RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    they look very close to the graphics Sky use right now (With the glassy outline)

The same thing goes for Supersport. I also noticed the "glassy" edges/outline on their graphics for the recent SA tests. Very Sky Sports like. Then again, i always did think there was a link between Sky and Suportsport/DSTV/Multichoice
  • Options
    Li4mLi4m Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Alston Elliot is the company that produces the graphics for a number of different international cricket broadcasters, including Supersport and Sky Sports.