Options

Arsenal Fan reacts to new BT Sport Promo!

mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
Forum Member
✭✭
Click pic

If by chance you haven't seen the ad - its the Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal game which also features Jose Mourinho and Rio Ferdinand among others reacting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhwOrbbag9M

Thinned skinned or what? :D

Comments

• Options
    screammynamescreammyname Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    It was indeed an awful advert, Just shows the bias towards Liverpool, watching that advert you'd actually think Liverpool had won the league last season!
  • Options
    MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Dan Slade not know how to use a spell checker?
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,487
    Forum Member
    It was one of the best Premier league games played last season, and was not an expected result by any means. It's not 'biased' as some would say, though yes, painful for any Arsenal fan.

Anyway - How do you know this is not a series of advert matches coming out on different teams by BT? This could be the first of many for all we know, and the next could be showing us getting hammered. It wasn't awful, it was fun! :D
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    At least they didnt show uniteds full season.
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »
    It was one of the best Premier league games played last season, and was not an expected result by any means. It's not 'biased' as some would say, though yes, painful for any Arsenal fan.

Anyway - How do you know this is not a series of advert matches coming out on different teams by BT? This could be the first of many for all we know, and the next could be showing us getting hammered. It wasn't awful, it was fun! :D

West brom beating united wasn't an expected result so why not use that game? why not use a bunch of games where the result was unthinkable.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    West brom beating united wasn't an expected result so why not use that game? why not use a bunch of games where the result was unthinkable.

Was it on BT Sport? Also Utd were shite last season so the result was not such a shock!
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure we will see Steven Gerrard falling over multiple times on some kind of advert this season so it's all fair.

To be honest they could have showed numerous Arsenal results like that so it wasn't a one off last season. I remember Chelsea and Man City giving them a good beating too!
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd hope that's been typed for the purposes of 'going viral', because if anyone actually clicked to send that sincerely it might be best if they do stop watching TV.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was sent as a "joke" but the most funny part of it has been the reactions of the true holders of the thinnest skin title the Liverpool fans.

They never ever fail to raise to the occasion
  • Options
    Ralph the CatRalph the Cat Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I get BT Sport 'free' with my internet package. Because I signed up early, I got the HD pack free for a year as well. I'm not that fussed about having the HD Pack but as it is only £3 a month, I probably would have let it run.

Then I saw this ad, and thought, what the hell, I haven't got much else to do right now, so I called up BT and cancelled the HD pack.

Nice work BT.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    It was sent as a "joke" but the most funny part of it has been the reactions of the true holders of the thinnest skin title the Liverpool fans.

You are joking right?

Some Arsenal fans on social media have been going spare about that advert, enraged they are, proper fuming!

I find the letter funny, guess I don't fit into the stereotypical box you put Liverpool supporters in. ; )
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only they 8- 2 battering that arsenal took had been on BT sport.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    You are joking right?

Some Arsenal fans on social media have been going spare about that advert, enraged they are, proper fuming!

I find the letter funny, guess I don't fit into the stereotypical box you put Liverpool supporters in. ; )

Of course you will get some fans who get upset by it (and it's why you have to sit a test to go on the internet and another one to be allowed on social media).
  • Options
    wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea just saw it Ch5.
    Never mind the advert when r they releasing their live fixtures
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I prefer this alternative version instead of Liverpool's title collapse http://youtu.be/h-aNzGBvumo
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why they did and it is ironic all of Arsenal's thrashings were on BT Sport. Despite this, they've burnt a lot of bridges with that advert.
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,487
    Forum Member
    LOL!! And they call Liverpool fans thin skinned! :D

Good grief, it did actually happen, it's not fiction, how sad are some people! :p
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »

ALL clubs have some fans who are sensitive to any criticism or react adversely to the odd humiliation. Some clubs get more stick than others because rival fans hold a grudge and some clubs have larger fanbases than others so obviously will have more of these more volatile fans.

BT picked the game because it was one of the most extraordinary games that they broadcast last season and also featured two of the biggest clubs. It's as simple as that.

Why can't fans just enjoy their own club's triumphs and accept the less triumphant days with the same grace? There's banter and there's bitterness and there is a fine line between the two.

I suspect Arsenal fans will turn the tables next season thanks to some decent signings - what goes around comes around and all that. Liverpool fans enjoyed last season so much because it came after a sustained period of mediocrity - and some got a bit excited too early. I've been a football fan for too long to make assumptions and react to the seemingly obligatory tribal posturing but it gets tiresome having to wade through it every day on this forum.

It's no coincidence that the clubs who get the most stick are those which are either currently or historically successful and the fans who are wading in are, or were, on the receiving end.

You've got to smile sometimes.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the new BT ad showing Arsenal's 6-0 defeat to Chelsea.

Do BT hate Arsenal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxPmKcIH8rk
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    It's a strange thing that for a big club Arsenal do tend to take a mighty thrashing at least once a season.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very silly of BT. What is the average disposable income of Arsenal fans compared with that of Liverpool fans?

They must have done their research and perhaps Arsenal fans have gone over to TalkTalk.

Well another reason not to sign up for BT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the full page BT Sport advertisement on the back page of The Standard.

Was that game on 8 Feb 2014 really a "Season Defining Moment"?

Surely there must have been a Manchester City moment?

Or what about something from

Crystal Palace 3 Liverpool 3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27184083

This is surely THE season defining moment

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/74652000/jpg/_74652374_liverpool_sad_afp.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27288746
    Just seen the new BT ad showing Arsenal's 6-0 defeat to Chelsea.

Do BT hate Arsenal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxPmKcIH8rk

Amazing crassness by BT Sport. Did Liverpool or Chelsea win trophies last season?

Why nothing with City who won the league?

A shame I don't have a BT Sport contract to cancel. But as a shareholder I will write to the Chairman them to justify annoying valuable customers.

{I won't bother as I am sure the BT press team pick this up as Digital Spy comes up on auto Google searches for BT Sport ]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a strange thing that for a big club Arsenal do tend to take a mighty thrashing at least once a season.

The reserves are in cash not players.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the full page BT Sport advertisement on the back page of The Standard.

Was that game on 8 Feb 2014 really a "Season Defining Moment"?

Surely there must have been a Manchester City moment?

Or what about something from

Crystal Palace 3 Liverpool 3

I imagine since BT didn't show that game they wouldn't focus on it and will keep to the games they actually featured. The 5-0 was probably the biggest game/result they had of the season so they've used it.

Arsenal fans are having a paddy over nothing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I imagine since BT didn't show that game they wouldn't focus on it and will keep to the games they actually featured. The 5-0 was probably the biggest game/result they had of the season so they've used it.

Arsenal fans are having a paddy over nothing

I am not annoyed as an Arsenal fan. I don't have BT Sport. The thrashings happened. But reminding me of them isn't going to make me sign up to BT Sport.

I am annoyed as a BT shareholder for their poor marketing skills seeking to annoy a well off section of their existing and potential customer base.

Time to sell BT perhaps.

Is BT, on the back of these ads, going to gain more than lose? I doubt it.

Looks like a great marketing opportunity for TalkTalk at Arsenal.