Options

The Eton Road Appreciation thread (merged) (Part 6)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,172
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am off too I think :D

I think my favourite was New Brighton. But I only have 2 to choose from anyway lol

Awww night Loopy!!! xxxx
Aww New Brigton looks brill from the vids I've seen!! I wanted to go :cry: oh well, there's plenty more in the future for us :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    haha...it was fab wasnt it. yeh i remember seeing you when we walked in too!:)

My next one is Dumbarton in 11 days now! eeek! well excited!

Hope everyone has fun at their next one!

xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyways guys im off night night everyone

lv Suz xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww night Suz! xxx
    Can't wait til Rhyl and BarFly!!| Be great!! xxxxxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    new brighton was an awesome gig!!
    digital spy shout out from danny!!
    *memories* Loved it!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww new brighton had to be one of my faves too! Runcorn was quite good though too all the before bits of shopping and wrapping! BATMAAAAAAN!

I hope torquay is up there though after next week!! Have to say.. This time next week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    loved the 'from this moment' spaz at runcorn! haha & the rest lol
    the hoylake gig will always be my absolute favourite tho
  • Options
    ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heather_ER wrote: »
    my favourite was first time i seen them at the lights.. even though it wasnt a proper gig. me and my mates defaced some ray cards with devil horns and threw them out over the crowd. was a great night..

haha oOooOoO that sounds fun! :eek: :D

the first time I saw them was really exciting think I was ready to pass out lmao. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my favourite was first time i seen them at the lights.. even though it wasnt a proper gig. me and my mates defaced some ray cards with devil horns and threw them out over the crowd. was a great night..

Awww we went to that! We was soooo squashed in that crowd. Was so many people there for the lads it was really good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha oOooOoO that sounds fun! :eek: :D

the first time I saw them was really exciting think I was ready to pass out lmao. :eek:

Awww, same here! When I first saw them in Wrexham in January and they came onto the stage...OMG!!!! Everyone screamed their heads off and it was packed!!!! I thought s***!!! I'm gonna die!!! Wrexham was great tho, but they came on quite late. So from 7:30pm til 12am I stood in the same postition and didn't move. OMG! My feet were killing!!!! But when I saw them, I thought it was totally worth it, especially when I saw Anthony. I wonder if he still has the blow up sheep someone gave him!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monday is torquay hev dont think they do on the sunday! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quite far i think its going to take us 4 ish hours? i think its near devon something like that. yeah monday is the 13th
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're coming from Liverpool it would take 4 hrs 45 mins. From Rhyl where I live it would take 5 hrs 13 mins. That's why I'm not going lol
    Wih I had another gig before Rhyl :( xx
  • Options
    Sally7Sally7 Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, the forum is starting to get swamped by all the new XF threads already !:rolleyes: ER are WAY down, so I had to post just to bring ours back up;)

Anyone got any ER news to post to keep our thread going :eek: ?

Does anyone EVER get any ER news nowadays ? Nearly a year down the line and everything still seems to be top secret and hush hush. Surely there can't be a group of fans that are kept more in the dark than us lot ! If they don't bring something to the party soon, they're in danger of fast becoming 'last year' now that the new XF is kicking off and taking all the limelight.:( :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6936413.stm

This looks like more bad news for anyone who was going to the eton road/girls aloud gig :( Looks like ticketmaster are refunding but if you bought them from edge promotions direct there may be no refunds
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Yeah they should let us know more about whats going on.. people will start to lost interest.

Well, it's going to take a lot for me to lose interest... The SSD clip was so promising things are looking up! And I think Leona's fans have been kept far more in the dark than we have, and they don't get the chance to go and see and meet her!

Be patient, everyone! If they're good enough they'll be successful on merit and the Xfactor will be history...;) I'm certainly not worried about it starting again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's a shame for the Leona fans, beause they don't get to see her at all. We're really lucky to be able to see Eton Road live.
    I'm not worried that they'll become old news, because so many people love them. Look how many people are sacrificing things to see them in Liverpool in September. I personally can't wait for the Barfly! Be amazing to see the lads faces when they see us all there. We'll always be there for them. They're amazing and suxh lovely lads. Gosh, I can't believe it's 3:13am and I'm posting!! LOL!!!
  • Options
    ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Us lot loving them isn't going to help them that much though they need to prove to the general public who buy singles/albums how good they are for them to do well. They have a nice wee number of fans but I think they still need to win some over. And hopefully there single can do that and we will have an album to look forward to aswell! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I see what you mean Julie. They do need to get other people into, because at their gigs it's just the same people over and over. Can't wait til the single comes out!!! :D Sooooo excited!!! I'm gonna camp outside Woolworths where I work and buy it lol!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey guys

Yep I agree they need to win over more people and i hope the single does this for them!

I wonder when they will perform it for the 1st time?! How ace would it be if it was at Barfly!? Everyone would go mental! hehe!

I will have new pics n vids for everyone hopefully after Dumbarton gig next Friday so thats something to look foward to! :)

xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww thats a lovely story...makes you smile reading that they want to help :)

Any chance this gig might be in Glasgow? I think not! hehe x
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eton_girl wrote: »

Yep I agree they need to win over more people and i hope the single does this for them!

I wonder when they will perform it for the 1st time?! How ace would it be if it was at Barfly!?
    xxx

Well I certainly agree with the comments about there being a need to win over new fans. However, rather than put so much faith in an as-yet-undisclosed single release, I personally think the boys would be better off performing Eye on the Sparrow at the Barfly and other upcoming gigs. This song is a deeply harmonic, pure, unadulterated gospel piece that few people are aware of. It is stunning not only in the simplicity of its melody, but in the harmonies the boys put to it, and especially in that it is the only song choice which fully highlights the vocal range and scope that Anthony is capable of, and what sets him apart from the vast majority of other singers.

Fans will only be won, and kept, by consistent solid performances of unique songs with well-arranged harmonies and professional-sounding vocals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lu ER Fan wrote: »

Oooo just popped on to mention this but looks like you beat me to it Lu haha, But there is such a lovely photo to go with it too

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7989/liverpoolecho090807lf0.png

I do love this picture, Danny needs to smile more often, hes got a gorgeous smile.

EDIT: the picture is an old picture but oh wells haha, its so beautiful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lovely story and gorg picture to go with it. They really do have hearts of gold.
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    rhicel wrote: »
    Well I certainly agree with the comments about there being a need to win over new fans. However, rather than put so much faith in an as-yet-undisclosed single release, I personally think the boys would be better off performing Eye on the Sparrow at the Barfly and other upcoming gigs. This song is a deeply harmonic, pure, unadulterated gospel piece that few people are aware of. It is stunning not only in the simplicity of its melody, but in the harmonies the boys put to it, and especially in that it is the only song choice which fully highlights the vocal range and scope that Anthony is capable of, and what sets him apart from the vast majority of other singers.

Fans will only be won, and kept, by consistent solid performances of unique songs with well-arranged harmonies and professional-sounding vocals.

... as long as they sing SSD as well to show off Jay's vocals!;) :D

... and MTK to show off Danny's and David's!
This discussion has been closed.