Eastenders: Is Kirsty obsessed with Max?

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame Max, but I think he loves Tanya, he seemed happy to be with her and his family, and wanted to marry her again.

Kirsty's been wronged, but goodness she's a bit odd if she ditches her whole life for someone who has DEMONSTRATED that he doesn't want her, and wants someone else.

And then pursues it aggressively.

I don't understand why some people don't think Kirsty's behaviour is a bit ODD at least:confused:

Whether Tanya's any better is besides the point really.

Not that you said this in this post PP, a general sort of reply.

I'm not too sure whether Max doesn't want Kirsty. I think Max is staying with Tanya more out of obligation now to be a 'good family man' than anything else. It was inappropriate in the light of his brother's death amongst a disaster christmas for him to dump Tanya and runaway with Kirsty. However, I do think Kirsty has a pull on him - certainly enough of a pull for him to be weary of meeting her in case of the effect she has on him.

In that sense Kirsty knows she can push Max's buttons; and feels that with time and planning she can get Max back as she obviously feels that her bond with Max is superior to Tanya's. And looking back on her scene with Abi, it's clear that Max must have told her about his children - so even taking that into account she thinks they have a 'bond'. If she truly loves him, and considers Max her life, then no I don't find her behaviour odd. She's probably come from a very low place in her life and feels Max is her best shot at getting something from life.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too sure whether Max doesn't want Kirsty. I think Max is staying with Tanya more out of obligation now to be a 'good family man' than anything else. It was inappropriate in the light of his brother's death amongst a disaster christmas for him to dump Tanya and runaway with Kirsty. However, I do think Kirsty has a pull on him - certainly enough of a pull for him to be weary of meeting her in case of the effect she has on him.

In that sense Kirsty knows she can push Max's buttons; and feels that with time and planning she can get Max back as she obviously feels that her bond with Max is superior to Tanya's. And looking back on her scene with Abi, it's clear that Max must have told her about his children - so even taking that into account she thinks they have a 'bond'. If she truly loves him, and considers Max her life, then no I don't find her behaviour odd. She's probably come from a very low place in her life and feels Max is her best shot at getting something from life.

I do find her odd if we consider her as a rational, balanced person.

She's not though, she knows she's got some 'connection' (sex and guilt), she's got no life, and Max is her passport to the life she wants, I think.

She's come from low, it's not just that she loves him, I don't trust her motives, her understanding, or her 'love'.

It's all to do with her, for me, her needs, and her power.

She doesn't actually even care about Max much, otherwise she'd have been careful how she treated the family he has shown he loves.

Mind, she does justify all this with her 'special' feeling for Max, (although he hasn't shown that he felt this AT ALL).

But, for me, not enough. Unreasonable woman, although understandable, as a bit of a nut job, but understandable.

And Max will fall for the desperate, hurt, and sexy bit, I'm sort of sure.;)
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why some people don't think Kirsty's behaviour is a bit ODD at least:confused:

I swear I thought I was going mad. I hate this character instantly and I didn't know why. I like the actress - even though I didn't recognize her face, I've seen her in other stuff and she was very good - but when she showed up I just wanted to slap her.

Then I found myself muttering this when she popped up next: "He left you 13 months ago, love! Stop being so f**king desperate and let his wife have him! Nut up and grow some friggin' dignity!" and realized I can't stand her because she reeks of desperation and is everything I've tried not to be in life.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Why would she carry on wanting the man who walked out on her, jumping back into the bed of his ex, regardless of Tanya's illness? I don't get it and this is EE rehashing the same old crap with Kat also not being able to stop the sleeping around. It's a cop out s/l that's been done to death now.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    I swear I thought I was going mad. I hate this character instantly and I didn't know why. I like the actress - even though I didn't recognize her face, I've seen her in other stuff and she was very good - but when she showed up I just wanted to slap her.

Then I found myself muttering this when she popped up next: "He left you 13 months ago, love! Stop being so f**king desperate and let his wife have him! Nut up and grow some friggin' dignity!" and realized I can't stand her because she reeks of desperation and is everything I've tried not to be in life.

I don't like her either. As you said, she comes across as desperate. I don't care if Max married her (which he shouldn't have done anyway, he's not a lovestruck teenager, he should know better than to dive straight in), the fact that she had to rely on his dodgy brother to find out where he is should have sent the message to her that Max is no longer interested.

I also wouldn't be surprised if she's lying about the abortion.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is 3 months or 2 months or 6 weeks or 1 month enough to fall in love with someone surely they could of just dated and took things slowly. It would be interesting if she didn't have an abortion and if she had the baby maybe I would like her then