cher lloyd stay

Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
Forum Member
✭✭✭
cher lloyd singing stay has got to be one of the best performance ever on x factor

Comments

• DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    cher lloyd singing stay has got to be one of the best performance ever on x factor

jesus no - it was a massacre of a magnificent song. >:(
  • kyrandiakyrandia Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Ryeboy123. This always stands out in my memory as THE best performance, given the way the competition panned out that year.
  • XadXad Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of Cher's performances were great, Stay was beautiful and very stripped back for her; she is without a doubt my favourite contestant ever on these shows, no one has been as versatile and as much of a great performer as her from beginning to end, just a shame Louis and Danni were there constantly ripping her apart every week.

Also a bit of of a fun fact in regards to "Stay"; when she sang it again as her save me song she actually messed up the lyrics, pulled a face of concern for a split-second and improvised and kept going and nobody noticed the mistake, i only noticed after watching it back cause it was so good, that's how confident and great she is, proper pro, anyone else would have stopped, broken down, and apologised profusely or at the very least panicked and showed on their face that they blatantly made a mistake.
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    One of the few times a cove sounds better than the original!

She was very different and original. Don't think I really liked her though she had a fantastic voice, great personality and a good performer and would have showed up the lot that are on this year....

Shame she hasn't done very well post xf.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I think the reason why Cher's performance of Stay impacted with the viewers was because it was the first time we got to her real emotion.

I know they refused to explain why but I suspect they played Stay at a close relatives funeral so the song meant a lot on a personal level to Cher, which again helped her to connect with the viewers a lot more.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't agree OP. Probably the most overhyped performance from the most overhyped contestant of all time.
    I never got the Cher love at all. Her Stars In Their Eyes audition was lauded like she had single handedly invented r&b and Cowell and Cole spent the entire series trying to force the GBP to accept she was the future of British music.
  • CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I have to agree, Cher must be the most versatile finalist the show has ever had, she made every theme exciting unique and in particular her stay performance stand out to be one of the best performances on any talent show in HISTORY. Her song sirens is also amazing and IMO the best ballad any contestant has ever release post show
  • laurasfanlaurasfan Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I loved Cher. She was different and versatile and every performance was like a pro performance. She was very guarded which I think meant people just didn't warm to her as much as other contestants that year. I'm glad she didn't win though because I don't think she'd have had the career she's had.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In comparison to the original it wasn't great, but as a moment for cher it was great as it showed a much more human and emotional side after the roasting she was getting in the press.