Whistle note was rubbish

Comments

• XadXad Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was terrible, i just imagined dogs all around the country sitting in front of the telly all of a sudden sitting up and going "wtf was that". I'm glad they called it the "dolphin note" and Rita made fun of it with her own version as no one should make that sound while "singing"; the girls need to be told that is not a high note, it's just a high pitched screech.
  • Arshee_KhanArshee_Khan Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Stevej4 wrote: »
    It was a note? I thought she just screamed and hoped for the best

:D:D:D
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I think me and you are enemies on this forum :)

Awww. :p:D
  • james_von05james_von05 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha same haters posting in this thread... they are predictable. LOL'ing on these guys here... they are very amusing.
  • NiwdogNiwdog Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Whoever arranged the song and the song key was actually the one at fault. The normal note and the key she was singing before the whistle note was all wrong for the song and loses the melody and feel of the song.

Following that key, the whistle note she was meant to hit and aiming for was C7, but she didn't quite make it and hit a Bb6 instead, so it sounded out of tune and was too piercing because she was clearly not prepared for it and prepared to sing it with the proper placement or it was too high for her. C7 in general is too high and you'll see most singers who can sing it do not arrange it into a song so that if for any reason they can't do it on the day, there isn't an issue and on a day they can, they incorporate it as an ad-lib.

Whistle notes are a tricky thing, so for 4th Impact to do it live on TV, the key arrangement and whistle note should have been lower and should've been one that was within their comfort zone and one they can hit, rain, sleet or snow.

The note was awful, a lot of the song sounded off key and completely lost the melody and feel of the song. Singing a song well isn't just about high notes, and the fact that the judges praised it, tells you their comments are practically scripted and pre-rehearsed. You could praise them for attempting and hittiing the notes they did, but it should be acknowledged that they didn't go with the song, were off key and utimately completely butchered a much-loved classic.

And I think for 4th Impact, it was the pressure to repeat a moment from their past that everybody who voted for them to sing this song was probably expecting, but it wasn't the right day and it didn't quite happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Haha same haters posting in this thread... they are predictable. LOL'ing on these guys here... they are very amusing.

It's a scripted vocabulary for the haters..Amusing indeed. :D:D

Just look at them cringed like :o:o. The loveliest part for them. Expected their scripted vocabulary, and their ear bled only got healed from last week part to be like this big time.:):):)

Lol :D
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the fans could tell that note was off by a million miles - don't be so bloody naive, even if my favourites don't sing well at least I can admit it
    Forum Member
    Seems the legendary heroes are getting reborn.:o:o

:D
  • james_von05james_von05 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha as if they've said anything good in the past... haha
    why don't they just concentrate on voting to their favourite because they are on the brink of going home tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha as if they've said anything good in the past... haha
    why don't they just concentrate on voting to their favourite because they are on the brink of going home tonight.

I did vote and if I have an opinion bout the terrible whistle note as it is a singing competition and not a popularity contest I will say what I think - deal with it it's a forum!
    Forum Member
    I did vote and if I have an opinion bout the terrible whistle note as it is a singing competition and not a popularity contest I will say what I think - deal with it it's a forum!

Lovely. She's perfectly right at some point tho :o:o:o

:D:D
  • ShowbizLoverShowbizLover Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not haters, just real and not delusional.

FYI - the whistle note was horrendous.
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was truly horrendous, and I do like 4th Impact and thought they sang the song reasonably well apart from that note which spoilt it.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Haha lets have whistle note to the finals!!!
    I LOVE YOU HATERS... keep voting for 4th Impact!! Yes!

You're starting to act like the other fanboi on this forum
    Forum Member
    Whatever..

This arguments 'bout 4th Impact and fans and haters are taking to such extent now..Pretty low not good anymore..Gotta rest let the haters have good time and delusions, unleash them all then while it's still hot..

I will just support my fave act 4th Impact now..Full of love and support from their fans, I love that more than haters comments..

As a fun of these lovely ladies, I will now only follow their good stuff and good vibes towards to anyone. I think that's better than give more effort to bashers as much as they do effort just to get a buzz.. It's just shame and tiring.

Let's watch who gets booted off, I hope 4th Impact survives.

Everything here ****rolls eyes*** Whatever...Hands down..Those stuff makes anyone smile and hobby. So be it for connoisseurs.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so let's just get some Perspective, mariah Carey has a whistle register as does minnie ripperton. However listen to emotions for example - that's a whistle, play back 4th impacts attempt then you will understand why people have said it was totally shit - okay it's not being a hater it's the truth.

On a technical level that was nowhere near a whistle note, I don't know what that was. Having grown up listening to mariah seeing her live like 5 times, and hearing a whistle note - that bird did not whistle okay!
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohhh_myG wrote: »
    Whatever..

This arguments 'bout 4th Impact and fans and haters are taking to such extent now..Pretty low not good anymore..Gotta rest let the haters have good time and delusions, unleash them all then while it's still hot..

I will just support my fave act 4th Impact now..Full of love and support from their fans, I love that more than haters comments..

As a fun of these lovely ladies, I will now only follow their good stuff and good vibes towards to anyone. I think that's better than give more effort to bashers as much as they do effort just to get a buzz.. It's just shame and tiring.

Let's watch who gets booted off, I hope 4th Impact survives.

Everything here ****rolls eyes*** Whatever...Hands down..Those stuff makes anyone smile and hobby. So be it for connoisseurs.:cool:

You have a lovely way with words. You should write a novel.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita demonstrated the dolphin note - and the girl in stage sounded nothing like it :confused:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fact that 99% of us had never heard of a whistle note before Thursday and now DS seems to be full of connoisseurs
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    "All this hype"? Simon only said he liked it, jeez :p
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    I don't ever want to hear one again. Even one that isn't off key is a truly hideous sound. It's not done because it sounds good but solely to prove that you can. Please don't bother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I love the fact that 99% of us had never heard of a whistle note before Thursday and now DS seems to be full of connoisseurs[/QUO

Never heard one? Eh? Mariah Carey massive superstar I'm pretty sure ds have and didn't Leona hit one!
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I love the fact that 99% of us had never heard of a whistle note before Thursday and now DS seems to be full of connoisseurs

You can only speak for yourself.

Many people will have heard of singers like Minnie Riperton, I'd heard of her years ago, so the whistle register will not be new to a lot of people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I don't ever want to hear one again. Even one that isn't off key is a truly hideous sound. It's not done because it sounds good but solely to prove that you can. Please don't bother.

I agree. I just think of it as high pitched squealing that only dogs can hear. I wasn't aware it had an actual name.

It's a horrible sound that is only done to show off as it serves absolutely no purpose or adds nothing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    You can only speak for yourself.

Many people will have heard of singers like Minnie Riperton, I'd heard of her years ago, so the whistle register will not be new to a lot of people.

As I've said above, I have heard the high pitched squeal before but never heard the term 'whistle note'