Anchorman 2

ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sounds like Anchorman 2 is gonna happen.http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a157273/will-ferrell-confirms-anchorman-2.html Love that film :D I think it's Will Ferrells best film?

Anyone else happy to see a follow up?

Comments

• mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love lamp.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it. First one was a classic, especially the scene with the bears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy punted Baxter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *-ant-* wrote: »
    The guy punted Baxter?

It was Jack Black.

We watched it again the other night. The first time we saw it we weren't that fussed with it, very over rated. This time, having seen alot more Will Ferrel films I found it funnier than the first time I saw it. But still can't help feeling that it is hugely over rated compared with some of his other films.

Old School, Taledega Nights, Blades of Glory, Semi-Pro are all far better and funnier films.

I'd place Anchor Man alongside Step Brothers.
  • Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old School, Taledega Nights, Blades of Glory, Semi-Pro are all far better and funnier films.

You're entitled to your opinion - but your opinion is wrong. Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory and Semi-Pro are basically the same film set around an obscure sport with him playing somebody who shouldn't be good at that sport but is - with a daft haircut.

Whereas Anchorman is a superbly played tongue-in-cheek pisstake of exactly what 1970s TV news studios were like. The four news guys are beautifully performed by the four actors, and though each one is heavily exaggerated they make their parts believable because of the characteristics and mannerisms each one adds to his part. You can't call Ron Burgundy subtle - subtlety doesn't come into it in the same way that it comes into (say) a Christopher Guest movie - and there are some weak moments (the fighting between rival TV channels news gangs) - but it is very cleverly written and acted. The three sports films aren't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're entitled to your opinion - but your opinion is wrong.

An opinion that isn't based on facts, just a perception can't be wrong, you either agree or don't :D

I could just as easily say that you are wrong because the other films are funnier and over played characters is what you expect to see in Friends, not a film. But I wont because it's just an opinion.

As for a sequel, if the first is anything to go by they'll ruin it by cramming in too many of their celeb mates. Which is what happened with Austin Powers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »
    I love lamp.

Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?

:D
    Def one of the best comedy's of recent times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amazing first one.

this has been known for a while, the other guy involved said a while ago they definately are going to do it but because it of schedules it may take 1 or 2 years before they even start
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Will Ferrell. Love Anchorman.

Can't bloody wait! :p
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my most quoted films amongst me mates. And one of my friends always dresses as ron burgundy at any fancy dress event (and sometimes without that excuse) it's helluva funny except we always end up drinking scotch all night and getting ungodly drunk. :D

Youre so wise baxter, like a miniature buddha all covered in hair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Did a search, and this was the only thread about Anchorman 2. Says a lot really about the quality of the film. Such a big deal, but nobody cared in the end.

Watched it last night. If ever the term "less is more" could be applied to a movie, it's this one. A brilliant first hour gives way to a meandering and indulgent second hour that kills the whole thing stone dead. But the trick is in that very thing. A second hour? Really, this could have benefited so much from some care and attention to pacing and editing. A large chunk of about 30 minutes of seriously unfunny could have been removed, leaving behind a funny and sometimes even clever (I loved the whole commentary on modern Fox News style reporting) sequel. By the end I just wanted it to stop. Ron Burgundy was buried.

:(