Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    jammygirljammygirl Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Oh no i'm maybe not the best person to help you with this but i'll try my best :)

Yes a windows phone will work fine...anything you can access the internet on.

Madonna's official instagram account is here
    and she has said she manages it herself.
    When you upload the photo you have two options either tag Madonna in the photo - you are given the option to 'tag' people in the photo when you upload it- if you just type in 'Madonna' the first option that comes up is her official account (the photo at the moment is the deluxe album cover)
    Or send it to her direct - (I think you might need to already be following her on instagram to do that) but just skip over the tagging photo option and you have the choice of either sending the photo to your 'followers' or 'direct' select the latter and then just type in Madonna again.
    Either way there's no guarantee she will read it because I would imagine she gets sent a lot but you never know, might be worth a try if you have 10 minutes free:)

Hope this makes sense and it's not too much of a ramble!
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jammygirl wrote: »
    Oh no i'm maybe not the best person to help you with this but i'll try my best :)

Yes a windows phone will work fine...anything you can access the internet on.

Madonna's official instagram account is here
    and she has said she manages it herself.
    When you upload the photo you have two options either tag Madonna in the photo - you are given the option to 'tag' people in the photo when you upload it- if you just type in 'Madonna' the first option that comes up is her official account (the photo at the moment is the deluxe album cover)
    Or send it to her direct - (I think you might need to already be following her on instagram to do that) but just skip over the tagging photo option and you have the choice of either sending the photo to your 'followers' or 'direct' select the latter and then just type in Madonna again.
    Either way there's no guarantee she will read it because I would imagine she gets sent a lot but you never know, might be worth a try if you have 10 minutes free:)

Hope this makes sense and it's not too much of a ramble!

Aww thanks. Very kind of you to go to the trouble to help an old codger like me! I will copy the instructions and paste it in my documents. Thank you. If I do send it to her I will let you know how I get on. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a neat way to get people buying Rebel Heart: go on, try it, I dare ya! :D

https://igcdn-videos-e-14-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t50.2886-16/11068616_822550891166334_415038669_n.mp4
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some slips from Ellen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2UW3t8Rn5s

She is so relaxed with Ellen. You can tell they like each other alot.

Also another Living For Love performance. Same as on Jonathan Ross but worth posting :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pii11xlccGw

We should get more clips soon I think.

Whoop here is another I just found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyYtAtNrWog

Its Madonna week on Ellen so we are in for a treat! :D
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the impression that she's softened and doesn't seem as tense as she used to appear.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    so wish unapologetic bitch or devil pray was the lead single :(

they both have their own identity ......

whereas living for love has shades of previous Madonna tracks just like GGW did.

Ideally

lead single - unapologetic bitch or devil pray

promo singles - bitch I'm madonna (with remix ep)
    - illuminati (with remix ep)

2nd single - ghosttown or joan of arc
    3rd Single - Rebel Heart ft guest vocalists
    4th Single - Hold Tight
    5th Single - Messiah (orchestral version)

Yes 5 singles!!! forget chart positions ...just promote the album, music and artistry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shame so many Madonna fans have left the forum. I can't blame them tho!
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Such a shame so many Madonna fans have left the forum. I can't blame them tho!

What's happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    What's happened?

It always happens. Interest wanes once a new album is released, the desire to discuss it with other fans sort of diminishes. There is nothing new to talk about at the moment, although I do think the Ghosttown video is visually stunning. What is apparent is that Madonna isn't as resented as some believe. There is enthusiasm in the Madonna Favourite Album thread and not all contributors are regular fans. I will visit this thread from time to time, I will be interested to learn views from those attending her concert in December.
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To each their own. Madonna herself said she's like a cockroach and would be here still after a nuclear bomb. Maybe that's where she got the inspiration for Ghosttown from!
  • Options
    MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She performed Bitch I'm Madonna on Jimmy Fallon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Achtung wrote: »
    To each their own. Madonna herself said she's like a cockroach and would be here still after a nuclear bomb. Maybe that's where she got the inspiration for Ghosttown from!

Yeah its not that interest isn't there but being told you are wrong for liking something is enough to stop coming back to discuss it.

I would never be a sheep loving something one moment and branding it some of her best work because it seemed popular then disregarding it as some of her worst the second the people on Drowned Madonna go into meltdown mood about the fact it hasn't sold well. I think Madonna has some of the most ungrateful fans on the net.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its not that interest isn't there but being told you are wrong for liking something is enough to stop coming back to discuss it.

I would never be a sheep loving something one moment and branding it some of her best work because it seemed popular then disregarding it as some of her worst the second the people on Drowned Madonna go into meltdown mood about the fact it hasn't sold well. I think Madonna has some of the most ungrateful fans on the net.

I'm getting sick of these comments that are clearly aimed at me. Either accept my viewpoint or shut up. I have never ever criticised you or anyone for having an opinion. I have never said Rebel Heart is her worst work. I have merely said I don't think it's as good as I initially believed it to be. I couldn't care less about how well it sells. Despite what you think. Enough. I regard you as a nice person in general and enjoy reading your posts. But people do and will change their minds. I loved Hard Candy when it first came out too. I don't like it much now though.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm obsessed with Madonna. That is all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    I'm obsessed with Madonna. That is all.

Bless you for your honesty. She is so iconic that I sense you are not alone.
  • Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if any of you watch the soaps but 'Living for Love' was playing in the background of both Corrie & Emmerdale last night, would have been better had they been played a month or so ago.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna is a Goddess! That is all. :-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really wish the management would release an ep for each single (L4L' and 'ghosttown') to iTunes with the video, single and remixes. [Do music video purchases count towards the chart? I still don't know the answer to this?]

I so hope she continues to release a few more singles regardless of their chart impact.

Suggestions:
    Hold Tight
    Double AA: Bitch I'M Madonna/Unapologetic bitch (with special guests Rihanna and Britney Spears) Dual Video
    Joan of Arc

maybe a remix cd of the album - with guest dj remixes?
    Orbit; Calvin, Guetta, Avicii, Diplo, Offer Nissim, S Price, Disclosure, Girogio Moroder
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Tori Amos speaking up on Madonna's behalf.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to dance with Madonna on her tour? Here's the casting call notice. She's looking for flamenco, pole and B-boy (hip hop) dancers. Sounds exciting! Auditions start next week. The lead up to a Madonna tour is always exciting.

http://www.backstage.com/casting/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-2015-016-69955/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my most played songs so far from the rebel era is interesting ....
    1. rebel heart
    2. ghosttown
    3. heartbreak city
    4. joan of arc
    5. devil pray
    6. iluminati
    7. bitch im madonna
    8. wash all over me
    9. addicted
    10. beautiful scars
    11. nothing lasts forever
    12. inside out
    13.. god is love
    14. unapologetic bitch
    15. messiah
  • Options
    Forum Member
    looking at all the demos and unreleased and released

my track listing now stands

1. rebel heart (avicii version)
    2. devil prey
    3. ghosttown
    4. heartbreak city
    5. addicted
    6. bitch im madonna
    7.. illuminati (a mix between demo and kanye final version)
    8. beautiful scars (original demo style)
    9. inside out
    10. holy water/ trust no bitch
    11. unapologetic bitch
    12. wash all over me
    13. hold tight
    14.. joan of arc
    15. god is love
    16. messiah
    17. bodyshop

now that is my definitive version
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i so hope that 'hold tight 'is the next single ....the vocals, hook and modern sound are surely radio play worthy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    someone mentioned 'take a day'with pahrell but i thought that they were confused and meant 'take it back'...

but i have just heard 'take a day' ...so different..... its hawaiian/s.polynessian .... it would never make the album...but it is different enough to be a single or promo track...with an extra gloss production