Options

will cheryl have a long musical career!!!? could she be an icon!!?

iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
do u think she has the potential to last a long time in the music industry also do you think she could be as big as beyonce, britney, christina etc

could she be a musical icon in the future!!!!!?

i think she could be the uk's answer to britney

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    What's with the !!!!!!!!!!! overload hehe.

I think her music needs to be more special. She has no musical direction, it's like a bunch of any old songs on her album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    do u think she has the potential to last a long time in the music industry also do you think she could be as big as beyonce, britney, christina etc

As if.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. That is all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She may be a pop culture icon, she very much embodies modern celebrity culture, her personal life seems to be much more exicting than her singles thus far though.

She probably is an icon but perhaps not for the reasons you are suggesting.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl doesn't have a strong singing voice, her records are all production and no substance. Expect her pop career to be over in a year or two at the most.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    She doesn't have a good enough voice, especially in comparison to those you mentioned (Beyonce, Christina). Her music is quite forgettable and imo doesn't have the substance that many musical icons have.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she will be around for a very long time following the career of chers. plastic surgery and all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she'll be remembered, and she'll be regarded as an icon in the future.

Lord only knows where her career is haded though, will she remain in music?!?! will she remain in the UK? where will Girls Aloud be?!?! etc.

But her period will be remembered and the impact she's had on the UK for endorsements, music and The X Factor as will as with 'the Girls' so i don't think going as huge as Britney or Christina is gonna happen.

She'll be remembered though i am sure.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    She may be remembered but I just can't put her and Bey in the same category.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she will be remember for the chav look to 'look at what a bit of money can do'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Without the X-Factor she'll be just another brick in the wall.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without the X-Factor she'll be just another brick in the wall.
    yup. The only thing keeping her going is the fact that shes an x-factor judge and that Cowell can get all of 'em free tabloid headlines to perpetuate this shite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, no and no!
  • Options
    busy_beebusy_bee Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iluvdannii wrote: »

Whatever you might think about Britney, you have to admit she was a global superstar. She has sold huge numbers of albums, and has had number ones all over the world.

Cheryl will never ever have the same level of success. She just doesnt have "it". Apart from the fact she appears to be scared stiff of perfoming live, she has too much of an attitude.

Britney, even tho she mimes (and is not different to cole in that respect) knows how to put on a show, and when she does, its impressive. Cheryl doesnt have the same stage presence. Madonna can hold a stage. Cheryl cant.

Kylie, whilst sometimes not being great singing, is a showman. She is not just about the dancing, not just about the singing, she knows how to put on a performance.

Beyonce and Christina can actually sing WELL, and again can blow you away with their live performances and shows.
    They are musically talented and understand what they are doing.

Cheryl just sings what she is told. Badly. Without all the smoke and mirrors of the production she would be nothing. Get her to stand and sing, with no dancers, no backing track, no autotune, and she would be scared witless. There is no substance behind the clothes horse. Its all about image.

So no, she will have her fame now, but in a few years, she will have faded away as a new, younger pop tart is pushed into her position.
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dnt know she just reminds me of a britney

because britney isn't a great singer yet she is/was one of the biggest popstars in the world and i think of cheryl the same way she can just about hold a tune but she's got the popstar thing going on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    busy_bee wrote: »
    Whatever you might think about Britney, you have to admit she was a global superstar. She has sold huge numbers of albums, and has had number ones all over the world.

Cheryl will never ever have the same level of success. She just doesnt have "it". Apart from the fact she appears to be scared stiff of perfoming live, she has too much of an attitude.

Britney, even tho she mimes (and is not different to cole in that respect) knows how to put on a show, and when she does, its impressive. Cheryl doesnt have the same stage presence. Madonna can hold a stage. Cheryl cant.

Kylie, whilst sometimes not being great singing, is a showman. She is not just about the dancing, not just about the singing, she knows how to put on a performance.

Beyonce and Christina can actually sing WELL, and again can blow you away with their live performances and shows.
    They are musically talented and understand what they are doing.

Cheryl just sings what she is told. Badly. Without all the smoke and mirrors of the production she would be nothing. Get her to stand and sing, with no dancers, no backing track, no autotune, and she would be scared witless. There is no substance behind the clothes horse. Its all about image.

So no, she will have her fame now, but in a few years, she will have faded away as a new, younger pop tart is pushed into her position.

Exactly. Her vocals are weak and it's all image.
    She's lucky because she's managed to get the right make-up artists, stylists and dentist to improve her looks. (Not saying she was bad looking before) Then she lost lots of weight. Also her marriage and divorce raised her profile, as well as being friends with Will.I.Am and Simon Cowell and being a judge on X Factor. That and she's a press favourite and her media machine pushing this 'nation's sweetheart' image to inspire younger people...
    Without all that then she wouldn't get too far. I think her media machine have been very clever.
    I can't see her being big in the US or bringing out a serious album yet.

Even when you watch back Pop Star the Rivals she got so far based on looks judging by the way the judges fawned over her.

Just sayin'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    In a word: no. Her music is terrible. It only performs as she is a judge on the x factor.
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she's a Con she'll never be an Icon.Following in the paths of other artists too much to be an icon & her popularity isn't universal enough.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    she have to release a few albums AWAY from x Factor to see if does still sell well, i mean i love cheryl but she will never be an icon
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a chance.

America doesn't have time for British-based talentless bimbos - they have their own country to produce those!:D
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Cheryl has been in the industry for AGES already, and now she's bigger than ever, and she's done well in the charts in countries all around the world (where they don't see her every weekend on the X Factor, and where she's not considered "nation's sweetheart", so I think it must be almost solely down to her music).

I think when you've gotten as big as Cheryl is in the UK, you get to that point where you can disappear for 10 years, then release a comeback single, and there'll still be a lot of hype about it.

And Cheryl will do well in the US (I'm sure she'll get a song into the top 20 there). She's friends with Will.i.am, Simon Cowell, Katy Perry and Rihanna, amongst others, so she's already got many good connections. Now if she makes friends with Lady Gaga and Eminem, I think she'll be unstoppable. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Cheryl has been in the industry for AGES already, and now she's bigger than ever, and she's done well in the charts in countries all around the world (where they don't see her every weekend on the X Factor, and where she's not considered "nation's sweetheart", so I think it must be almost solely down to her music).

I think when you've gotten as big as Cheryl is in the UK, you get to that point where you can disappear for 10 years, then release a comeback single, and there'll still be a lot of hype about it.

And Cheryl will do well in the US (I'm sure she'll get a song into the top 20 there). She's friends with Will.i.am, Simon Cowell, Katy Perry and Rihanna, amongst others, so she's already got many good connections. Now if she makes friends with Lady Gaga and Eminem, I think she'll be unstoppable. :D

Sorry, but her only thing to do well outside of the UK and Ireland is Fight For This Love. Her first album didn't break the top 20 in most countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl_Cole_discography

Cherly would never be able to take a long break like that and come back popular. She is a "thing of the time". She is more popular for being Cheryl Cole than her music. Even massive acts like Lady Gaga would have a hard time doing that.

Don't take offence to this, but you're living in a dream world with this issue.

She might do well in the USA, but... oh... she's going on the X-Factor there as well ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but her only thing to do well outside of the UK and Ireland is Fight For This Love. Her first album didn't break the top 20 in most countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl_Cole_discography

Cherly would never be able to take a long break like that and come back popular. She is a "thing of the time". She is more popular for being Cheryl Cole than her music. Even massive acts like Lady Gaga would have a hard time doing that.

Don't take offence to this, but you're living in a dream world with this issue.

She might do well in the USA, but... oh... she's going on the X-Factor there as well ;)

No offense, but Cheryl has gone top 10 in:

Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    France
    Germany
    Hungary
    Italy
    Netherland
    Norway
    Poland
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Sweden
    Switzerland

That 16 countries where she does not appear on the X Factor every weekend, and where she's not considered the "nation's sweetheart". In those countries, people heard her songs, and bought them. Simple as. I'm sorry, but this is fact.

And infact, you might be interested to know, that Parachute got to #5 in the UK, but it got to #1 in Romania, and #2 in Poland. That's right, some of her songs have actually charted higher in other countries than in the UK.

Likewize, 3 Words went top 5 in Australia and Hungary. Infact, in the UK, 3 Words was certificated Silver, but in Australia, it got awarded Platinum! For comparison, 3 by Britney, Alejandro by Lady Gaga and Empire State of Mind got Platinum there. And 3 Words is widely considered to be Cheryl's worst single (although it is her only single that I, personally, actually like). http://www.aria.com.au/pages/httpwww.aria.com.auaccreds2010.htm

Again, I'm sorry, but chart positions and sales are facts.

And I know if Cheryl ever manages top 10 in the US, people will still live in their little dream world, where they think people only buy Cheryl's music because they see her on the TV, and are brainwashed by Simon Cowell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, with one song only; Fight For This Love. her others might have done well in 2 or 3 other countries, but on a whole she is only really big in the UK and Ireland.

Her album has not done that well in most places. Singles make absolutely no money. Album sales are what's important.

She is not as big as you are thinking she is.

Cheryl would never, ever be as popular as she is without the X-Factor. It's as clear as day. That program has a lot of influence on people's buying habits. This is why we see age old songs re-appearing in the charts after they have been on the X-Factor.

Without that show she'll have had much less success. She got lucky when she was picked for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, with one song only; Fight For This Love.

Nope. 3 Words and Parachute both went top 10 in other countries too. Read my previous post again...