Options

Curdle: "This time next year I could be cracking America"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Curdle's arrogance seemingly knows no bounds. In an interview with the BBC he proudly states, "this time next year I could be cracking America"... delusional much?

He also found time to pass judgement on previous winners Joe, Steve and Leon, joking, "I don't know what happened to those guys".

Even Leona Lewis wasn't immune: "I don't think Leona's a songwriter" he concluded of the 9x Platinum winner of the third series, who famously conquered music charts on both sides of the Atlantic.

Anyone else think Cardle is starting to Curdle?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12017859

Comments

• Options
    liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member
    "This time next year I could be nowhere or I could be cracking America. You just don't know."
    His actual quote. :rolleyes:

Do you write for the red-tops by any chance? Your mistake was putting in the link so we could read it for ourselves.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read what you put and thought what an arrogant idiot.

I read the actual interview and it said something completely different. :rolleyes:As well as saying "I could be cracking America" he said "I could be nowhere" and plus what he said about Joe, Steve and Leon is true. People voted for them to win yet the support didn't continue....I don't know what happened either!

The interviewer probably asked "what makes you different from the other X Factor artists" and he quite rightly answered that he writes songs whereas he doesn't think the others do. Not arrogant really is it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Matt is deluded.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think, even with the best will in the world, he's going to be cracking America.

Cracking Britain is going to be hard enough for him... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Read the article. The link is there.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misquote aside it's true, he's not going to have a chart career anywhere, 'Irish number one' notwithstanding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liz83 wrote: »
    "This time next year Your mistake was putting in the link so we could read it for ourselves.:rolleyes:

Hardly a 'mistake'. He DID say that he could be cracking America. :confused:
    Eejit wrote: »
    I don't think, even with the best will in the world, he's going to be cracking America.

Cracking Britain is going to be hard enough for him... :o

Hope you're right. I can't think of another winner so undeserving of success.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    That's seen any respect I once had for him gone out the window. Leona is a song writer, you only need to look at the writing credits for her second album:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_(Leona_Lewis_album)
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    I'd say it is more likely that he'll be on the verge of getting dropped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ganix wrote: »
    Curdle's arrogance seemingly knows no bounds. In an interview with the BBC he proudly states, "this time next year I could be cracking America"... delusional much?

He also found time to pass judgement on previous winners Joe, Steve and Leon, joking, "I don't know what happened to those guys".

Even Leona Lewis wasn't immune: "I don't think Leona's a songwriter" he concluded of the 9x Platinum winner of the third series, who famously conquered music charts on both sides of the Atlantic.

why don't you post the full quotes in the context of the interview as that way they read very differently to the way you've chopped them for your own agenda :rolleyes:

This is what he actually said
    "I don't know what happened to those guys," Cardle says. "People obviously voted for them on the show, but then the support didn't go on afterwards.

"I'm just desperate for that not to happen to me.

Joe McElderry's latest single debuted at number 68 the day Cardle won The X Factor "I'm going to work my arse off, write the best I can and promote the best I can, but there's no guarantees.

"This time next year I could be nowhere or I could be cracking America. You just don't know."

Matt actually talks a lot of sense in that interview .. whether you want to twist his quotes or not
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    The term 'clutching at straws' comes to mind here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:rolleyes: You don't even know him, how do you know whether he's deserving or not. Plus I think the mistake in putting the link was the fact that Matt said things in a totally different context to what you're quoting so it just made you come across as bitter and trying to put some negative press onto him in an otherwise successful, positive reaction to his win.
  • Options
    Forum Member

He also said he could be nowhere which you neglected to mention just as you twisted a number of other things he said. Pretty sad really. Just a tip - if you set out to slander and misrepresent someone its probably best not to also post the evidence of what they ACTUALLY said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he has to crack Britain first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    That's seen any respect I once had for him gone out the window. Leona is a song writer, you only need to look at the writing credits for her second album:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_(Leona_Lewis_album)

perhaps Matt doesn't check up on Leona's Wikipedia page .. he didn't say she didn't write ...he said he doesn't THINK she writes .. he's obviously wrong as she does but perhaps he didn't know that ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the mistake in putting the link was the fact that Matt said things in a totally different context to what you're quoting so it just made you come across as bitter and trying to put some negative press onto him in an otherwise successful, positive reaction to his win.
    liz83 wrote: »
    He also said he could be nowhere which you neglected to mention just as you twisted a number of other things he said. Pretty sad really.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    If I hadn't provided the link there would have been a chorus of "Link?" - which just wastes time that could otherwise be spent discussing how dreadful Curdle is ;)
    :rolleyes: You don't even know him, how do you know whether he's deserving or not.

I'm no less qualified to make a judgement about how deserving of success he is than anyone else who watched the series. I watched, I judged, I concluded. I just happened to conclude that he's arrogant, spiteful and pretty overrated.
  • Options
    MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    What's this? DS forum members writing him off before he's even began? SURELY NOT!? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if Leona's any good as a songwriter. But then Matt's record as a songwriter isn't exactly amazing either, given his bands have not gone anywhere (other than the pub... ;))

I doubt Syco will give him more than a few 'co-writes' tbh. He'll want to get in people who know what they're doing if he's really going to try to make him a star.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I hadn't provided the link there would have been a chorus of "Link?" - which just wastes time that could otherwise be spent discussing how dreadful Curdle is ;)

You haven't had much support in that department though have you ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm no less qualified to make a judgement about how deserving of success he is than anyone else who watched the series. I watched, I judged, I concluded. I just happened to conclude that he's arrogant, spiteful and pretty overrated.

Ah ok.:D Its an obsession.Well I always hate to interrupt an obsessive. Its best just to stand back and laugh. ;):p
  • Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member

Going by this post, you deliberately distorted the truth! Let's hope you never get called for jury service eh, wouldn't want some innocent going down because you misread the evidence!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eejit wrote: »
    I don't know if Leona's any good as a songwriter. But then Matt's record as a songwriter isn't exactly amazing either, given his bands have not gone anywhere (other than the pub... ;))

I doubt Syco will give him more than a few 'co-writes' tbh. He'll want to get in people who know what they're doing if he's really going to try to make him a star.

:rolleyes: Eejit. I should never have married you. My mother warned me it was never going to work:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't had much support in that department though have you ;)

Yes?

Six replies (Pussyfootin, Eejit, RussellIan, Sazaleeno, MrIncredible, BP4L) were supportive of my original post.

Or maybe you conveniently forgot to read those replies :rolleyes:
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So, so, so, so, so, so, so, ad ininitum fed up of clicking on misleading thread titles in DS.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12017859[/QUOTE

Have you tried re- reading this;)???????
    You are misrepresnting what someone has said and I am offeded by that.

He did not say that at all;)