Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Baby Stig
I couldnt stop laughing

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved it! baby stiggie :) (i think that was added after the real film was done though)
  • Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped laughing a few series back now :(
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped laughing a few series back now :(

Oh well, thanks for your input.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    Oh well, thanks for your input.

What utter tosh and a waste of one and quarter hour's TV this was. I couldn't start myself laughing at this inane rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    What utter tosh and a waste of one and quarter hour's TV this was. I couldn't start myself laughing at this inane rubbish.

Have you ever watched TG before ?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stand by for all of the complaints.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I admit I thought it was pretty dire.

Maybe the specials are more for the casual viewer who don't watch TG all the time.
    For me it has slipped too far into sitcom territory rather than a scripted, factual entertainment program.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    xmodz10 wrote: »
    The Baby Stig
    I couldnt stop laughing

Saw it coming a mile off.
    Forum Member
    Have you ever watched TG before ?

Every episode since its inception and this was the worst from so many aspects. Last week's TG was so much better and I felt that tonight's was a big let down - so amateurish, scripted beyond belief and totall unbelievable.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    Saw it coming a mile off.

Who needs a star if you have a TomTom, well done you :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a bit of a see-through in-joke to be honest.

To be fair I actually thought that part of the show was scripted to be part of James "accident", as a excuse for the complaints. The Burkas, Stig being Jesus etc. So when people do complain, the BBC can merely say its suggestive sciptwriting and not a representation of the Birth of Jesus, or any attempt at religious discrimination.

Its their "get out of jail" card.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting Tiff :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how dare you insinuate that! be gone
  • taskertasker Posts: 4,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Took you an hour and a quarter to realise it was a waste?
    Was it like after a few minutes this is rubbish but ill watch it all then complain or watched it all then went oh that was rubbish?
    Its the gear its classic and easily the best prog on all xmas
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's perfectly reasonable to watch a programme all the way through and than present an opinion.

Would some people be happier with an opinion formed after 20minutes of viewing?

"What, you only watched 20minutes but you think you can form an opinion of the whole programme!?"
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you watched one and a quarter hours of it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I quite enjoyed it, but I guess it's 'cool' to have a go at Top Gear nowadays :(
  • Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I didn't see the Stig ending coming and actually thought right up to the reveal "How are they going to end this one"

I was genuinely laughing my head off at the solution. So fitting, so apt, so funny.

Seems like this forum is infested with a whole gang of people who don't actually like anything on TV ever and think that it's big to slag everything off in a desperate and tragic attempt at superiority.

You don't like Top Gear? Great! Now don't ever watch it again. But you will or you couldn't tell us how above it all and so clever you are. :rolleyes:
  • BroadwoodBroadwood Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Top Gear is an entertainment show and as a Christmas Special this was absolutely classic.

Maybe it could have been edited down to an hour without some of the self-indulgent car stunts but the whole story line was a brilliant p***s take and the baby Stig ending which I hadn't seen coming was just genious. Well done them !

p.s. Im 53 and an Atheist, but I bet there will be loads of complaints from the religious amongst us.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like this forum is infested with a whole gang of people who don't actually like anything on TV ever and think that it's big to slag everything off in a desperate and tragic attempt at superiority.

But they will watch the programmes just so they can complain or quite possibly just complain without even watching.

I don't like all of Top Gear but often record and fast forward through the boring bits like Clarkson trashing another set of tyres but there is enough in the programmes to make them worth watching.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I didn't see the Stig ending coming and actually thought right up to the reveal "How are they going to end this one"

I was genuinely laughing my head off at the solution. So fitting, so apt, so funny.

You don't like Top Gear? Great! Now don't ever watch it again. But you will or you couldn't tell us how above it all and so clever you are. :rolleyes:

Got to agree with you.

I welcome people giving their opinions, whether they are positive or negative (that's what these forums are for), but when people start patronising folk just because they don't agree with them, that's when they cross the line.

If you don't like it, come & tell us why & then don't watch it again.

There's no need to try & act all superior & insult others just because they happen to enjoy something that you don't.

BTW, I loved both specials & the baby Stig ending was quality comedy.:D
    Forum Member
    I think that a prerequisite of posting on digital spy forums should be the insistence of date of birth and gender. Obviously, people would not lie about these facts and perhaps a National Insurance number should be given!
    Only with these facts could I assess some of the more childish remarks and then align these witht the age/sex of the contributors.
    :rolleyes:

Regarding TG. Even the three stooges, sorry, three wise men, looked embarrassed acting out their parts in last night's farce.
    It may have been the best Christmas TV offering, in some people's view but that does not say much, considering the other dross put on the major TV channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Got to agree with you.

I welcome people giving their opinions, whether they are positive or negative (that's what these forums are for), but when people start patronising folk just because they don't agree with them, that's when they cross the line.

If you don't like it, come & tell us why & then don't watch it again.

There's no need to try & act all superior & insult others just because they happen to enjoy something that you don't.

BTW, I loved both specials & the baby Stig ending was quality comedy.:D

I'll second that.

Top Gear, like The Gadget Show, seems to draw a hardcore of "I don't like it, but will watch just to moan about it" types. Strange that these superior ones don't seem to be able to find another channel or realise what the off button is for.

As for the episode, I thoroughly enjoyed it, found it funny and enjoyable and didn't see the twist coming. That'll keep The Daily Mail busy for a while! :D
  • jake19801957jake19801957 Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll second that.

Top Gear, like The Gadget Show, seems to draw a hardcore of "I don't like it, but will watch just to moan about it" types. Strange that these superior ones don't seem to be able to find another channel or realise what the off button is for.

As for the episode, I thoroughly enjoyed it, found it funny and enjoyable and didn't see the twist coming. That'll keep The Daily Mail busy for a while! :D

i agree with this :)
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guessed the "reveal" a few seconds before. It took me a few more minutes (after the program finished) to guess that it was not a simple (crap) "joke", but a way of introducing the new stig.
    Not a bad way of doing it.

By the way, wrestling is scripted, and I don't like it, therefore no one else should like it.