Sam vs Jeff - a new conspiracy theory for your enjoyment!

EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,147
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm not a fan of the conspiracy theories that are so popular on DS but did wake up with a new one in my head this morning (sorry!) ... I'm wondering whether the massive negativity towards Sam last night - in the VT, judges' comments, focus on that ridiculous hat, recap showing his mistake - was to ensure he ended up in the bottom 2 with Jeff instead of Johnson, thus sending Jeff home.

I get the impression (and this is purely subjective I know) that they've had enough of Jeff. The whole "top 3 finish to go on tour" thing was just odd and last night's comments from Chris, Robin and even Philip in his recap (slight mocking of "Jeffro the leg"?) suggested to me that perhaps they're sick of him bigging himself up. He seems to have a lot to say for himself in training as well if the clip we saw was anything to go by.

There is no way the judges could save Johnson over Jeff in a skate-off so Johnson had to go through on the viewers' votes. I felt Sam was a little undermarked for his routine, giving him that dangerous mid table position, and the comments did nothing for his cause. But was the whole point of it not to shaft Sam (as his fans understandably assumed last night) but to ensure we see the back of Jeff?

As I said, I'm not usually a fan of conspiracy theories but it did strike me as a possibility !!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not bothered as Jeff is gone! :D:D

I don't think that Sam has the fan base that people assume he has. For the first few weeks, Sam was on top, but (some of) the others have caught up and overtaken him. The others have improved and Sam really hasn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzi-Q wrote: »
    I'm not bothered as Jeff is gone! :D:D

I don't think that Sam has the fan base that people assume he has. For the first few weeks, Sam was on top, but (some of) the others have caught up and overtaken him. The others have improved and Sam really hasn't.

This. He was great to start with and he's still great now. The girls have improved drastically and now its really obvious that he's not the best anymore.

He did do a great job in the skate off last night, but I wouldn't have minded him going home.

I don't think he'll win. I've been saying for weeks I reckon Chloe will win. She's been in the danger zone on the leader board and is yet to do a skate off. Laura was excellent last night too.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the conspiracy theories that are so popular on DS but did wake up with a new one in my head this morning (sorry!) ... I'm wondering whether the massive negativity towards Sam last night - in the VT, judges' comments, focus on that ridiculous hat, recap showing his mistake - was to ensure he ended up in the bottom 2 with Jeff instead of Johnson, thus sending Jeff home.

I get the impression (and this is purely subjective I know) that they've had enough of Jeff. The whole "top 3 finish to go on tour" thing was just odd and last night's comments from Chris, Robin and even Philip in his recap (slight mocking of "Jeffro the leg"?) suggested to me that perhaps they're sick of him bigging himself up. He seems to have a lot to say for himself in training as well if the clip we saw was anything to go by.

There is no way the judges could save Johnson over Jeff in a skate-off so Johnson had to go through on the viewers' votes. I felt Sam was a little undermarked for his routine, giving him that dangerous mid table position, and the comments did nothing for his cause. But was the whole point of it not to shaft Sam (as his fans understandably assumed last night) but to ensure we see the back of Jeff?

As I said, I'm not usually a fan of conspiracy theories but it did strike me as a possibility !!!
    I agree with this. Jeff has been moaning all week to the press about not going on the tour and judging by last night I feel quite a few of them had enough of him. Phillip and Christopher made a few digs about Jeff. Sam played right into the producers hands and Jason treated him like a naughty schoolboy. Too much was made about the hat and even Karen got involved. I do think Sam was undermarked and the clip of him dropping the hat being used and the fact he went first would have affected the voting.
    Didnt like Jeff so I was glad he went but felt uncomfortable about all the manipulation going on last night.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    I agree with this. Jeff has been moaning all week to the press about not going on the tour and judging by last night I feel quite a few of them had enough of him. Phillip and Christopher made a few digs about Jeff. Sam played right into the producers hands and Jason treated him like a naughty schoolboy. Too much was made about the hat and even Karen got involved. I do think Sam was undermarked and the clip of him dropping the hat being used and the fact he went first would have affected the voting.
    Didnt like Jeff so I was glad he went but felt uncomfortable about all the manipulation going on last night.

Am really not one for conspiracy theories but agree with you and the OP. Showing Sam dropping the hat on the recap, come on now, whether you like him or you don't like him, mean-spirited :mad:and in conjunction with skating first it was highly likely he would be in the skate off.

Soo pleased the arrogant Jeff has gone.... deep as a puddle and so unself-aware it almost hurts ....
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really entertain conspiracy theories but even if there is some truth in this, Sam didn't really help himself at all with the constant whining about that bloody hat.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I don't really entertain conspiracy theories but even if there is some truth in this, Sam didn't really help himself at all with the constant whining about that bloody hat.

He was like a broken record wasn't he?!!!

I'm not really up for the crazy fix theories either and for my mad ramblings to make any sense, I think Sam would have had to be in on it too with all his whining about the hat, which clearly is nonsense!

Either way, despite the moaning, I'm glad Sam survived as he is the better skater. I don't particularly like his attitude but hopefully it will give him a bit of a kick and he'll stop being complacent and acting like a petulant child!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it was really much of a conspiracy - it would have been a pretty big stretch of subterfuge to make sure Sam dropped the hat, and then moaned about it publicly!

The dropped hat probably lost Sam a couple of points initially, which would have put him above Laura on the board and maybe kept him out of the skate-off. Laura or Chloe vs Jeff would have yielded exactly the same result - it didn't have to be Sam who knocked Jeff out.

And as for showing the hat drop in the VT, if I'd seen the rest of the routine without the drop then I'd have wondered why it was so low-marked. Plus, the judges' comments all related to the hat drop so it would have been a rather odd VT without any viewing of the incident.

For the record, I thought Sam dealt way better with dropping the hat than Ray and Maria did - but that would be the only time I'd give Sam the edge over Ray on the ice :D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it was really much of a conspiracy - it would have been a pretty big stretch of subterfuge to make sure Sam dropped the hat, and then moaned about it publicly!

The dropped hat probably lost Sam a couple of points initially, which would have put him above Laura on the board and maybe kept him out of the skate-off. Laura or Chloe vs Jeff would have yielded exactly the same result - it didn't have to be Sam who knocked Jeff out.

And as for showing the hat drop in the VT, if I'd seen the rest of the routine without the drop then I'd have wondered why it was so low-marked. Plus, the judges' comments all related to the hat drop so it would have been a rather odd VT without any viewing of the incident.

For the record, I thought Sam dealt way better with dropping the hat than Ray and Maria did - but that would be the only time I'd give Sam the edge over Ray on the ice :D

Sam had to throw the hat from one hand to the other (he didn't even do that in the skateoff) - Ray and Maria had to throw it some distance from one to the other, far more difficult;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Sam had to throw the hat from one hand to the other (he didn't even do that in the skateoff) - Ray and Maria had to throw it some distance from one to the other, far more difficult;)

I meant more that Sam managed to pick the hat up pretty seamlessly and carry on through, whereas Maria was stumbling all over the ice and Ray was left looking confused, but I acknowledge the difference between the complexity of the tricks ;)