Options

Leon on GMTV

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    SylviaB wrote: »
    Yes both Leon and Brenda talked about Rhydian and about Phantom of the Opera and Lorraine Kelly said she thought Rhydian looked a bit depressed on Saturday night through his songs and wasn't himself.

And for your information Leon is singing perfectly in tune at this moment!

I think you must be tone deaf to think that Leon sang in tune. I dont mean that in a harsh way, just stating an observation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    It was generally expected that Rhydian would win - by the producers too going by the number of singles printed. This must have been a reflection of the voting figures going into the final. The bookies showed a trend in Rhydian's favour during the final reaching 1:7 and even 1:41 for Rhydian immediately after the last song. But they did not allow for the impact that Leon's video might have had or maybe for the floating voters.
    But Rhydian is popular and should do well. To have got as far as he did after being a hate figure up to the first live show and only being allowed to sing ballads probably chosen by Simon's mother for the last weeks including the final when song choice is of paramount importance, he did very well to come second.
    This has given him a massive boost in his career which would have otherwise taken years to achieve or maybe never.
    Leon had to win to have any chance - so if both do OK, the result is OK too.
  • Options
    One and OnlyOne and Only Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    It was generally expected that Rhydian would win - by the producers too going by the number of singles printed. This must have been a reflection of the voting figures going into the final. The bookies showed a trend in Rhydian's favour during the final reaching 1:7 and even 1:41 for Rhydian immediately after the last song. But they did not allow for the impact that Leon's video might have had or maybe for the floating voters.
    But Rhydian is popular and should do well. To have got as far as he did after being a hate figure up to the first live show and only being allowed to sing ballads probably chosen by Simon's mother for the last weeks including the final when song choice is of paramount importance, he did very well to come second.
    This has given him a massive boost in his career which would have otherwise taken years to achieve or maybe never.
    Leon had to win to have any chance - so if both do OK, the result is OK too.

I really like your post.Good one.:)
  • Options
    lady_ravenlady_raven Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    There are plenty of people who don't watch the show who will like Rhydian, not so many woh will like Leon and the reason is they won't know the sob stories etc they will just hear them singing and when it comes just down to the singing if you asked someone who didn't watch the show who they peferred I think they would mostly say Rhydian
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Leon sounded bliddy hoarse this morning. I noticed that....anyone who knows anything about trying to sing will know that this really interferes with tuning. At a couple of points, Leon lost some power and went off in parts. However, I still loved it. Just adore his voice quality. :)

2. On Saturday night....Leon wowed us. We KNOW that he can sing this...and other songs very well.

3. The Winner's (yes, he IS the winner) Song recording is outstanding. His vocals are perfect, IMO. The thing is, that people who are not fans (particularly those in Wales....since they have banned Leon's song on many radio stations in Wales....oh yes they have) may not get to hear the song. It's fantastic.

4. Leon needs to learn how to take care of his voice. He's young....he's been celebrating....he needs advice and guidance here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_raven wrote: »
    There are plenty of people who don't watch the show who will like Rhydian, not so many woh will like Leon and the reason is they won't know the sob stories etc they will just hear them singing and when it comes just down to the singing if you asked someone who didn't watch the show who they peferred I think they would mostly say Rhydian

Fair point LR. :) I hope that people get to see more of Leon, though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Do you know even Rhydian (if he were to read this forum) would be ashamed of his own fans!

At least he has the self respect to congratulate Leon like a man. Maybe some of you guys should think about it!

They are both great singers, thats why they were in the final. Comparing Leon to Rhydian is like comparing Elvis Presley to Kylie Minogue!!! Both artists are amazing in their own right and excel in their own genre!!

Lets face it I think too many people counted their chickens before they were hatched......with all this constant talk of Rhydian winning from week one was bound to cause hype....!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    he was singing at like half 7 in the morning and he did an amazing job!!
  • Options
    EighthoursEighthours Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Leon sounds so depressed whenever he speaks. It's really annoying.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was singing at like half 7 in the morning and he did an amazing job!!
    He did an amazing job singing LIVE so early in the morning, especially as the majority of people who have been singing for many years go on and MIME!!! Clearly it isn't good for any voice let alone one so inexperienced and clearly after so little sleep.

He sang live yet again after speaking to Lorraine Kelly and he did so well especially singing a song that sold in zillions when sung by two of the biggest divas Whitney Houston and Maria Carey and wasn't written for an 18 year-old lad!

Young Leon's been singing for a few months and lacks experience, especially on TV interviews as well as performing in public so good luck to him he did well and Scotland is very proud of him.
  • Options
    RavaneRavane Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cringed when watching that performance, I must say. But I'm not going to jump on him just yet, because I know it's very difficult to sing in the morning. Still, I can't help but think if he was serious about singing then he would have had an early night last night and got up early this morning to give his voice time to warm up. He has to start acting like a professional.
  • Options
    Jayceef1Jayceef1 Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did an amazing job singing LIVE so early in the morning, especially as the majority of people who have been singing for many years go on and MIME!!! Clearly it isn't good for any voice let alone one so inexperienced.

He sang live yet again after speaking to Lorraine Kelly and he did so well especially singing a song that sold in zillions when sung by two of the biggest divas Whitney Houston and Maria Carey and wasn't written for an 18 year-old lad!

Young Leon's been singing for a few months and lacks experience, especially on TV interviews as well as performing in public so good luck to him he did well and Scotland is very proud of him.

If that was amazing I'd hate to hear him when he's not.
  • Options
    lady_ravenlady_raven Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    I saw some actors on the golden globe nominations last week reading out the nominatoions at what was about 5:30am in the morning and they all looked very awake and alert, Leon needs to take a leaf out of their books if he wants to survive in this industry
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REMEMBER PEOPLE - Most artists don't even sing live on GMTV etc whatever time of day - they MIME!!!

Did you ever see people like the Spice Girls, S Club 7, Blue etc ever sing live? NO!!! And they had each other to sing with ... they always mimed and so does Shayne Ward most of the time!

Give credit where it's due! Leon sang live despite his tiredness and well done to him!

I appreciate that he sang live where other acts just mime but surely he should be able to sing in tune, he has just won a major competition after all. The above comments aren't an excuse for his poor performance - I have hardly heard him sing a whole song in tune from start to finish and he won ?:confused:
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ravane wrote: »
    I cringed when watching that performance, I must say. But I'm not going to jump on him just yet, because I know it's very difficult to sing in the morning. Still, I can't help but think if he was serious about singing then he would have had an early night last night and got up early this morning to give his voice time to warm up. He has to start acting like a professional.

He is a young man who will be expected to sing on demand almost now tht he has son the X factor.
  • Options
    supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    I cant believe he just stood there looking miserable as sin! With his hands stuffed in his pockets half the way through...... So much for thanking his voting public with that measly performance!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I cant believe he just stood there looking miserable as sin! With his hands stuffed in his pockets half the way through...... So much for thanking his voting public with that measly performance!

Well you know what he probaly looked "miserable as sin"
    because hes been on hear and seen all you nasty nasty people saying all this about him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    for all those saying it was early, he had no sleep etc etc. thats not the point this boy is going to be getting paid a million quid max to get up early, sing live and be a star, after this morning none of that was evident, sorry but stop making excuses, he isn't a worthy winner!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O dear me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me sick
    Its true!
    So lets start
    *slagging leon off to hell
    *Boycotting single
    etc etc what is it then if its not disgusting behaiour its okay to say this about the poor boy
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has actually got the point of madness!
    Its absolutley disgusting!
    That poor child!
    Its disgraceful!
    If leon got hit by a car all you would pounce and say now rhydian can take the credit he desereves!
    Its absolutley unbelievable!:mad:

What a sick post!
    How low can you get?????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I am just gobsmacked that anyone can honestly praise Leon's singing. I must need a new tv, cause the sound on mine must be faulty. Every single song I've heard him sing has been out of tune & cringeworthy. No wonder there is so much animosity on this board, how can you compare class acts like Rhydian or Nikki or even Beverley, to someone as awful as Leon. Good luck to the guy, but he's got one hell of an uphill struggle ahead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    why is it disgusting!!!!! we are entitled to our opinion, you can't comment unless you saw it.

an x factor winner, someone with charisma, a consitent voice, stage presence, i was actually willing to give him a shot this morning, but he looked so depressed during the interview penny actually interupted and said are you still shell shocked you look it!

and then he sang the long note completely off key, and he knew he fluffed it up cos he look even more depressed after.

that aint being professional, he should have finished singing said thankyou and thats it.

its only facing the truth, its not singing in the bedroom anymore its singing to millions to sell records!

rant over phew! :)
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    This has actually got the point of madness!
    Its absolutley disgusting!
    That poor child!
    Its disgraceful!
    If leon got hit by a car all you would pounce and say now rhydian can take the credit he desereves!Its absolutley unbelievable!:mad:

That comment is really beyond ridiculous.

Edit - I see your original post 101 has changed completely - did you have second thoughts?
  • Options
    patpattersonpatpatterson Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Did you see his performance today Just played it back and my jaw dropped at how bad it was.:eek: He shouldnt sing live again. No harm in miming from now on.