Options

So, Disney XD

Comments

• Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    And there still won't be, because this isn't a new channel launch, despite what Disney would have you believe. It's a rebrand, and an unnecessary one at that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just noticed that now they've changed the logo to the Disney XD one (with "3 DAYS TILL LAUNCH" in big letters right next to it!), the adverts are now broadcast in 16:9, and with correct flagging so it doesn't seem to be an error. Probably a first for a kids subscription channel, as all the others that broadcast their shows in 4:3 crop the adverts to 14:9 and letterbox that.

Well...at least it's a bit better. :D
  • Options
    VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney XD is in HD in America, so Disney XD here could start broadcasting in widescreen (not HD) as the new Phineas & Ferb episodes are in HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney XD is in HD in America, so Disney XD here could start broadcasting in widescreen (not HD) as the new Phineas & Ferb episodes are in HD.
    They've shown the new episodes of that on Disney Channel but only in fullscreen, and Disney Channel have shown some stuff in widescreen, for example Spy Kids 3D (but not the 2D version). Disney Cinemagic is in widescreen on SD though for all shows including the ones which were in fullscreen on Disney Channel. I'm guessing that's because Cinemagic is in HD already.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Not offering full episodes on the VOD service is stupid, when you can download stuff from Youtube. They should be countering these low-res uploads by offering an iPlayer counterpart.

It looks like the Disney XD website may offer episodes online since it says in the title 'Full length television shows'. I'm surprised that the channel will also feature ads by the looks of it since none of the others have really got ads unless their Disney related.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee3319 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that the channel will also feature ads by the looks of it since none of the others have really got ads unless their Disney related.
    You mean that all of the others have got ads except Disney ones?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean that all of the others have got ads except Disney ones?
    I think they mean that Disney XD will have adverts even though all the other Disney Channels have no adverts, except for ones advertising their own shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's because Jetix has been ad-supported as well and Disney XD is ad-supported in America.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zoton2 wrote: »
    I think they mean that Disney XD will have adverts even though all the other Disney Channels have no adverts, except for ones advertising their own shows.

That's what I mean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another technical thing I've noticed, Jetix+1 now has an audio descriptive track, when it didn't a while ago. Disney Channel+1 has one so it would make sense for Disney XD+1 to have one.

I wonder how they're going to do the Disney XD+1 logo though. Maybe put the +1 inside the D would be a good place? Knowing them they'll just make the logo bigger and tag it on the end though. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    its happened jetix have became disney xd, but as a final farewell they showed the awesomest stuff on tv promo before closing down- a sort of tribute to what jetix was and what disney xd will never be.
  • Options
    HemustvthemesHemustvthemes Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    zoton2 wrote: »
    Another technical thing I've noticed, Jetix+1 now has an audio descriptive track, when it didn't a while ago. Disney Channel+1 has one so it would make sense for Disney XD+1 to have one.

I wonder how they're going to do the Disney XD+1 logo though. Maybe put the +1 inside the D would be a good place? Knowing them they'll just make the logo bigger and tag it on the end though. :D

They have done the +1 insode the D which is quite small inside it :D

Hemustvthemes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Video can be found here of the transition from Jetix to Disney XD for those who want to watch it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Without wishing to sound rude, I am glad none of you get the re-brand as the majority of users of this forum are way out of the target audience.

XD is used online and in text speak as an emoticon. It represents the squinting of eyes when you do a massive smile. I think it's a much better brand than Jetix.

XD ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney XD has been a success in my household... the Aaron Stone premiere was followed by "wow! awesome!" and now he's expected to watch it as much as possible.

Pretty good for replacing a brand which they hated a lot, especially when it was just anime. As well as turning 13 too, the ads were a bit childish, but now on DXD they're fine!
  • Options
    abramley1abramley1 Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or is there any sound on virgin media 707 i have sound on vm 708?
  • Options
    nutty88nutty88 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Disney XD has been a success in my household... the Aaron Stone premiere was followed by "wow! awesome!" and now he's expected to watch it as much as possible.

After all the advertising of their first original series, Disney XD messed up the premere. They didn't show the pilot episode. For some strange reason, known only to themselves, that is scheduled for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ResidentX wrote: »
    XD is used online and in text speak as an emoticon. It represents the squinting of eyes when you do a massive smile. I think it's a much better brand than Jetix.

XD ...
    You mean this smilie: :D I've always used : not an X. I don't know why people use an X for it. An X doesn't look like eyes.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Honestly, the fact that Nick went and made individual dogs for the Spongebob Megamarathon was more intresting than this.

Ah well, at least they're airing the credits.

My bets

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
    Digimon Season 4 and 5
    PreCure YTV version
    Total Drama Island Returns (or Action happens)#
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disney is buying Marvel, so I would imagine if the deal goes through, a lot more Marvel programming for DXD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ConanSan wrote: »
    Ah well, at least they're airing the credits.
    But they're only showing them in 1/4th of the screen. Well at least they don't crop them like BBC do.
  • Options
    SKYtvFREAKSKYtvFREAK Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney is buying Marvel, so I would imagine if the deal goes through, a lot more Marvel programming for DXD.

I came across that news earlier while flicking through the Disney Corporate website, seeing as (well for me at least) the old www.jetix.co.uk AND www.disneyxd.co.uk redirect and aren't up and running which is quite a poor show for Disney to say the least :eek:

About the Marvel deal though, it will hopefully make DXD more like the former Fox Kids/Jetix with Spiderman and X Man etc, giving it more variety and broaden its line-up, and to prevent it adding more DC rubbish (trust them to add that god awlful Zack and Cody crap from Disney Channel) and really needs more shows to prevent it becoming like DC is now - bare minimal programmes, repeated 3 times a day, the same line-up most of the week with no heart and soul like its former self in the 1990s/early 2000s :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like those links were fixed in the last hour. They're working now.

Interesting that Iron Man Armored Adventures is in the DXD schedule, it's on Nicktoons in America apparently. Guess it'll eventually end up moving to their Disney XD block too.

If they were going to show Digimon season 4, they'd have done so when they were still called Fox Kids, let alone Jetix, as that series dates from six years ago. But Data Squad wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I would imagine they'd want to air the previous series (even if they skip the pretrial dog that is season 4) to provide some context (and hey, can't air the world tour arc too many times right :colbert: ) for Data Squad.

Iron Man is surprisingly good, actually, given that it's another US-France-Canada deal and the last time Marvel tried that it ended up in that awful as hell Fantastic Four cartoon.

The one show's absence that has annoyed me is Total Drama Island. Ok, the show's over, but that hasn't stopped them repeating things ad-nausea before (or stopped them from showing the twins of Satan's boring half hour bore fest of boring) but there's still Season 2 and 3 of that to show too...

Naruto...needed to be put down.
    At least they acknowledged Naruto, BoBoBo (For all the five seconds they aired BoBoBo and Viewtiful Joe, at 8pm, where it would be sexually assaulted by Eastenders, Corrie and the like (not to mention parents, not blaming them, mind.) during the last promo.
    Naruto was a mistake for Jetix. End Story

Now, shows that need to go from Disney XD
    Suit Life: What the hell is this doing here, there's Disney Chanell, go fester that.
    Galacik Football: It's over, done, has been done for some time now, let's get that slot over to something that's less done, like TDI/TDA.

Other than that, som'ore Power Rangers RPM and Ironman and I think this can work.
  • Options
    TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, according to the Disney XD website theres supposed to be programmes like Hannah Montana(What a surprise?????!!!!!!:eek::eek:) and a sit-com starring Americas latest kid media darlings, The Jonas Brothers, but I have just checked the EPG for the channel and theres nothing different than all the other kids channels are showing!!!!

Anyway, do we really need yet another kids channel???? Personally, I beleive that theres too many kids channels, and, anyway, shouldnt all these kids BE IN SCHOOL instead of at home watching TV 24/7?????