Cheryl thought she was going to die

Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
Forum Member
Is it true she thought she was dying? "Yeah," she says quietly. "You want to know the details? I had no liver function, no kidney function, I was swollen with the fluid, I had no oxygen in my blood, I literally had 24 hours to get fluid out of my body, otherwise my insides were going to pack in. You know how sometimes you feel ill and say, 'I feel like I'm dying'? Well, I actually felt like I was dying. I asked the nurse outright – was I going to die? She said, 'There's a possibility.' "

Full interview: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/oct/23/cheryl-cole-interview-simon-hattenstone

Comments

• googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So did the woman that Biffa bashed in the bogs
  • redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So have hundreds and thousands of other people. Unfortunately too many people do die of malaria. Just because she is famous doesn't make her experience any different......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I asked the nurse outright – was I going to die? She said, 'There's a possibility.' "
    What a nice caring nurse she had.

Don't believe a word of it tbh.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    So did the woman that Biffa bashed in the bogs

from a black eye ? judging by the size of her an elephant gun would only partially injure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    well i don't think she would want anyone's sympathy so...but anyway it's funny all of her fans called her TWEEDY and not cole and she's like 'yeah whatever i'm cheryl cole' lol
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of Cheryl Cole whatsoever, but it must have been horrible for her. A friend of mine suffered from malaria and said that one day he thought he was going to die, and the next day he wished he would.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kay-x wrote: »
    well i don't think she would want anyone's sympathy so...but anyway it's funny all of her fans called her TWEEDY and not cole and she's like 'yeah whatever i'm cheryl cole' lol

Yeah OK :D
  • Huffy1968Huffy1968 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a nice caring nurse she had.

Don't believe a word of it tbh.

Indeed, dubious at best. As a nurse myself there is no way I would have answered that question with such an off-the-cuff remark. Nurses are there to give people hope and comfort, not confirm their worst fears in such a direct manner.

And after all of that, there is her "remarkable" recovery in just literally a couple of weeks. Something doesn't quite add up here, to be honest.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You want to know the details? I had no liver function, no kidney function, I was swollen with the fluid, I had no oxygen in my blood, I literally had 24 hours to get fluid out of my body, otherwise my insides were going to pack in."

Those 'details' are complete nonsense: no liver function ? You turn yellow. No kidney function ? You're hooked up to a dialysis machine. No oxygen in your blood ? You're already dead, because either you've stopped breathing, your brain is irreversibly damaged or your lungs aren't functioning any more so you'd be on a ventilator. For someone who allegedly had three major organs - liver/kidneys/lungs - all shut down at the same time, she looked astonishingly healthy when she left hospital.

And yes, no-one would tell her directly that there's a chance she would die, least of all a nurse... but you know the scary thing ? She apparently believes this rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Those 'details' are complete nonsense: no liver function ? You turn yellow. No kidney function ? You're hooked up to a dialysis machine. No oxygen in your blood ? You're already dead, because either you've stopped breathing, your brain is irreversibly damaged or your lungs aren't functioning any more so you'd be on a ventilator. For someone who allegedly had three major organs - liver/kidneys/lungs - all shut down at the same time, she looked astonishingly healthy when she left hospital.

And yes, no-one would tell her directly that there's a chance she would die, least of all a nurse... but you know the scary thing ? She apparently believes this rubbish.

true! Now if she said she had no brain function that I could believe....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She recovered right and quick when she flew off to America soon after her.....
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had swine flu and pneumonia at the same time last year and spent a few days in intensive care, then a reminaing 10 days on a ward.
    Yes, I thought I was going to die, and I had every right to think that because it was possible. And while I'm at it, the doctors did tell me what would have happened if I hadn't gone to my medical center that day.

It also may have been possible that Cheryl would die, just because she's a celebrity doesn't mean she has this superhuman immunity to fatal diseases, malaria is very serious.
  • bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time is this pile of dross on tonight? I must remember to go out...

:yawn:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huffy1968 wrote: »
    Indeed, dubious at best. As a nurse myself there is no way I would have answered that question with such an off-the-cuff remark. Nurses are there to give people hope and comfort, not confirm their worst fears in such a direct manner.

I was told by a nurse that if I didn't get into surgery within the next hour, there was a good chance i would bleed to death so, despite the fact a nurse probably shouldn't say such a thing, I've experienced first hand that sometimes they do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I had swine flu and pneumonia at the same time last year and spent a few days in intensive care, then a reminaing 10 days on a ward.
    Yes, I thought I was going to die, and I had every right to think that because it was possible. And while I'm at it, the doctors did tell me what would have happened if I hadn't gone to my medical center that day.

It also may have been possible that Cheryl would die, just because she's a celebrity doesn't mean she has this superhuman immunity to fatal diseases, malaria is very serious.

But did you actually ask anyone if you were going to die, and did they say something like "yes, you could" ?

When I've been rushed to hospital with renal failure (more than once), yes, the doctors told me what could have very well happened had I not been brought in immediately... but not until after I was a whole lot better.

It's notable that in one interview she claims the doctors told her she was 24 hours from death, yet in the latest one it's downgraded to a nurse telling her she might die. Rule #1 of telling porkies - keep your story consistent.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clearly Cheryl has superhuman abilities. And wouldn't she have follow up appointments at the hospital if her kidneys and livers shut down.. just to be on the safe side (i suppose she had her nurse with her @ home) to make sure there is no lasting damage? I doubt she'd
    be allowed to fly out, and then there is the drinking....

Lew, you had Pneumonia and Malaria at the same time tho..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what pure and utter tripe this woman spouts ....conveniently with an album to flog and the public to get back on side. I had no liver function back in 2003 due to gall stones complications - spent 12 weeks in hospital ...and it took months and i mean months to recover .....side effects included intense fatique , i became so adbsent minded it was scarey, low blood pressure etc . so for mrs cole to sit there stating she was a dam sight worse in terms of illness but yet bounched back with 4 weeks and was alble to fly to america even after all that ....its bull ...pure and utter bull. maybe it was a chill she had but certainly i dont believe it was an illness relating to her liver .
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in 3 weeks paris192..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and she was nursed at home !!! - oh my god ....i would imagine the hopsital that she attended are non too impressed with this story ...with that alleded level of complications and they allowed her to go home with a nurse and no medical machinery !!!!! ....it makes u wonder why that journalist didnt just say to her " ah cheryl it wasnt that bad really was it .....in all honesty...your blowing it out of proportion there arent you"...hed make more of name for himself than just allowing the paper to print her inflated tripe.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and then he'd get sued for libel.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But did you actually ask anyone if you were going to die, and did they say something like "yes, you could" ?
    I believe they told my family something along those lines. I was in a critical condition, I just didn't realise how bad because I was so out of it. I did ask my doctor the day before I left what would have happened if I hadn't gone to hospital and he said I would probably have either slipped into a coma or gone into cardiac arrest.
    It wasn't a very nice expirience, I had dangerously low blood pressure, an extremely fast heart rate, complete dehydration and next to no oxygen. I just felt like I couldn't do anything except mildly keep my eyes open and stare at a wall; I didn't have the strength to do anything else.

I also had a catheter... they put litres of fluid into my body and wanted to measure how much of it was coming out. That wasn't a very comfortable expirience xD.
    It's notable that in one interview she claims the doctors told her she was 24 hours from death, yet in the latest one it's downgraded to a nurse telling her she might die. Rule #1 of telling porkies - keep your story consistent.
    I don't think Cheryl is telling porkies, interviewers have a gift for twisting words and some of them just out right make things up.
    Lew, you had Pneumonia and Malaria at the same time tho..
    Pneumonia and Swine Flu*
    I don't know if that's supposedly worse than Malaria... I remember hearing countless stories of swine flu deaths being related to pneumonia...
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of crap. I don't believe for one second she was that close to death. No way. Another elaborate exaggeration to get her as much sympathy and press as possible. This is the girl who admitted her aim was always to "live life in the public eye". Not be a popstar - just be famous for being famous :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »

I don't believe one word of this stupid woman's witless, tedious b
    ks.

Amazing how she has miraculously recovered - did she find God at the same time :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Novaman wrote: »
    I don't believe one word of this stupid woman's witless, tedious b
    ks.

Amazing how she has miraculously recovered - did she find God at the same time :rolleyes:

thats next weeks instalment - she has a claendar coming out then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I believe they told my family something along those lines. I was in a critical condition, I just didn't realise how bad because I was so out of it. I did ask my doctor the day before I left what would have happened if I hadn't gone to hospital and he said I would probably have either slipped into a coma or gone into cardiac arrest.

It wasn't a very nice expirience, I had dangerously low blood pressure, an extremely fast heart rate, complete dehydration and next to no oxygen. I just felt like I couldn't do anything except mildly keep my eyes open and stare at a wall; I didn't have the strength to do anything else.

I also had a catheter... they put litres of fluid into my body and wanted to measure how much of it was coming out. That wasn't a very comfortable expirience xD.

I don't doubt for a moment that you had a horrible time, and sorry if I gave that impression, but what you've just said confirms what I thought - even assuming she was in any state to ask questions (which, if you accept her statement, like you she wouldn't), she wouldn't be told bluntly, "there's a possibility you might die". And I'm sure you didn't bounce back to being able to make a 10-hour flight a few weeks later. I've been hospitalised more than once for renal faliure, and I was on my knees for weeks afterwards.