So NOW can we all buy Steve's Christmas single?

Comments

• amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minicooper wrote: »
    Toally agree.

He is using XMAS to restart his career.

He is a schmuck. and a horrible man who bullies kids on his twitter.

He has several alias names on here.

His is not nice at all.

minicooper! Like a moth to a flame!! :D

Please.... only support Steve and buy the QRistmas single if you want to... it's not compulsory.... feel free to stay away from the thread if you don't want to. :)
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You will be banned soon.

That what is 'fans' do on here.

Given shilling products is specifically against the T&C's of this site, it would be interesting to get into that conversation with the mods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a good deal to me :)

However, after RATM success last year, theres now too many acts who've jumped on the bandwagon... all with an excellent point to prove but imo if the sales are not focused on one particular single, it may be that we'll be lumbered with a 1D Xmas single after all :eek:

I said this a little while ago on a similar thread. I just don't see it working this year because of the amount of campaigns that are around.

I am just lucky as I take no notice of the charts so I won't find out who was Christmas Number One until around January time when someone is bound to mention it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Given shilling products is specifically against the T&C's of this site, it would be interesting to get into that conversation with the mods.

I was banned the other week for a couple of days by the usual suspects for staying the money should go to other charity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said this a little while ago on a similar thread. I just don't see it working this year because of the amount of campaigns that are around.

I am just lucky as I take no notice of the charts so I won't find out who was Christmas Number One until around January time when someone is bound to mention it.

Agree badcompany- there are a few people doing it this year... can't see the harm in trying though, especially as there are so many disillusioned X Factor fans out there and it is raising awareness and funds for StreetSmart.
  • lizzeylizzey Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toally agree.

He is using XMAS to restart his career.

He is a schmuck. and a horrible man who bullies kids on his twitter.

He has several alias names on here.

His is not nice at all.

So have u minicooper or cortinamack or what ever u are calling your self know.
    Forum Member
    amanduh wrote: »
    minicooper! Like a moth to a flame!! :D

Please.... only support Steve and buy the QRistmas single if you want to... it's not compulsory.... feel free to stay away from the thread if you don't want to. :)

You are flogging a dead horse.

Please stop trying to continually sell his 'crud' (his words) to others on a public forum.

By the number of your threads of Brokestein people are not interested anymore.

And stop banning people for their POV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    It is her mate in the marital sense of the word.

Thought u was done with this thread.
    Forum Member
    Agree badcompany- there are a few people doing it this year... can't see the harm in trying though, especially as there are so many disillusioned X Factor fans out there and it is raising awareness and funds for StreetSmart.

Yeah I can't deny it is for a good cause, I think my mum will buy this song, because she quite likes the guy - he did a "gig" at a Northern Soul weekend a couple of years back and he was very nice to the old parents so they are fans.

But I think it will just dilute the amount of sales the X factor winner gets, but not enough to lose him/her/them the top spot.
    Forum Member
    lizzey wrote: »
    So have u minicooper or cortinamack or what ever u are calling your self know.

haha nice try Lizzey.

Have a nice day.
  • OvertheUnderOvertheUnder Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have missed the point - The Xmas No.1 should never ever be filled by anything remotely connected to X factor, Pop Idol etc.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ramiz wrote: »
    The guy is a horrible, smug twonk! ...and whatever he may say...he is a self serving egotist exactly like Cowell.

If you re in London, get yourself down to Centrepoint and give a couple of hours.... that'll help a thousand times better than a paltry donation.... (I'll see you there).

...or give up some time for your local charity shop or organisation.

Oh, by the way... 'Don't Give Up' is such a good song... don't taint it by accepting a lesser version.
    My Christmas wish... a decent, non partisan, number 1.

Excellent post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are here plugging your mates record, and you try to lecture people on objectivity.

Irony overload.

Mate or not if i liked a song i would plug it if he was a mate i would plug it is that bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have missed the point - The Xmas No.1 should never ever be filled by anything remotely connected to X factor, Pop Idol etc.

Ordinarily I'd agree OvertheUnder, am longing for a real Christmassy number one for a change... BUT, in its absence, and because this one ticks so many boxes, charity, protest, ruddy good song in its own right and done well IMO, I'm more than happy to support it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.eileenhunter.co.uk/#/events
    I think he is working very hard for the charity and good luck to him.
    Forum Member
    Ordinarily I'd agree OvertheUnder, am longing for a real Christmassy number one for a change... BUT, in its absence, and because this one ticks so many boxes, charity, protest, ruddy good song in its own right and done well IMO, I'm more than happy to support it.

You could set up a campaign with a real Christmassy Song - I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by the Jackson 5, or What Christmas Means to me by Stevie Wonder, or may Silent Night by The Temptations.

I have a little bit of a Motown theme there but you could start a campaign with a truly Christmas Song - Get Noddy Holder to Number One, anything really :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could set up a campaign with a real Christmassy Song - I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by the Jackson 5, or What Christmas Means to me by Stevie Wonder, or may Silent Night by The Temptations.

I have a little bit of a Motown theme there but you could start a campaign with a truly Christmas Song - Get Noddy Holder to Number One, anything really :)

I think we need an entirely new one!! Would be nice to see a few new ones on the Now This is Christmas 1000 CDs!!
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God what a boring version of that song. How did that guy ever win?

I'm going to give the money straight to charity instead.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    I'm a fan of Eileen & it's good she's solid booked with her various gigs but can't helped wishing she should have more mainstream exposure perhaps as support singer for someone like Jools Holland or more known jazz singers & musicians.

Eileen herself is one hell of a singer & songwriter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God what a boring version of that song. How did that guy ever win?

I'm going to give the money straight to charity instead.

You see.... it's a win win situation... prompted to give out of disgust!! :D
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see.... it's a win win situation... prompted to give out of disgust!! :D

Win win for the charity, yes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of Eileen & it's good she's solid booked with her various gigs but can't helped wishing she should have more mainstream exposure perhaps as support singer for someone like Jools Holland or more known jazz singers & musicians.

Eileen herself is one hell of a singer & songwriter.

She will andallthat- now she's been signed by JazzFM WITH the album Steve co-wrote for her. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Morter, Rage Against the Machine founder on the RATM facebook page recently:

"We get hit with tons of 'Xmas No.1' campaigns on here...this one I'm quite happy to post up here as Steve was a huge help last year for us...an X Factor winner vs an X Factor winner?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why not if thats what people like and want to buy? Who are you, or anyone else for that matter, to tell me what I should want at Xmas number one.

Xmas number one is the song that the most people buy in that week, and everyone is free to choose for themselves what they want to purchase.

It could be X Factor or something completely different. The Music Police should give it a rest. :yawn:
    :D
    Jon Morter, Rage Against the Machine founder on the RATM facebook page recently:

"We get hit with tons of 'Xmas No.1' campaigns on here...this one I'm quite happy to post up here as Steve was a huge help last year for us...an X Factor winner vs an X Factor winner?"

Its nice to have support for the single, but see comment above. I don't want the RATM people telling me what I buy or like anymore than I want anyone else too. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    <snip>Its nice to have support for the single, but see comment above. I don't want the RATM people telling me what I buy or like anymore than I want anyone else too. :)
    But you can clearly see that this particular pap has nothing to do with charity and all to do with "revenge"?

Absolutely shameful and pathetic.