Options

My cat's obsessed with me...

cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When I was 14, my mother, brother and I found two of my cats dead. It was a shocking and a horrible coincidence, as they'd both been ran over in separate incidents on the same day. To cheer me up, my mum took me and my brother to see some kittens and said we could choose one each. When we got there, this little kitten wondered over to me and put her paw on my knee. This kitten is Feebs.

We took Feebs and her brother Hamish home as pets. When she was about four she started to meow at my bedroom door until I'd let her in. If I ignore her meowing then it gets louder and louder and she scratches at the door, so I always let her in. She sleeps in here and only ever wants to go out to use the litter tray or eat, sometimes she'll go outside but not for long.

She's now 12 and for the last eight years she seems to be quite obsessed with me. She'll sleep on my chest or legs, and if I move her off she meows and gets back on. When I go out, she'll come to the window and start meowing for me. She gets jealous when my other cat (Mitzeee) comes in. If I stroke Mitzeee, Feebs will sit there with a face like a slapped arse and then attack Mitzeee. If I'm sat in the other room, she'll come in and sit on me or near me and sit or lie there staring at me. The meowing and purring is so noisy, she seems so excited and happy just to be sat on me. I went to Bulgaria for a fortnight once, when I got back she went mad, like she'd missed me.

My ex girlfriend used to let her in while I was asleep and Feebs would lie on my chest and keep prodding her paw on my face to wake up, when I'd wake up she'd purr and meow and rub her head on me until I woke up properly.

I think cats are just as great as dogs for their loyalty and affection. We've had many cats before but none like Feebs. Anyone else got or ever had a cat that's been like this? I'm dreading her getting old and dying, absolutely dreading it.

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your lucky cobweb
    my cat doesnt would never do that, she likes being stroked etc she'll let you hold her sometimes but most of the time she wriggles away, my cat 2yrs old
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    feebs sounds a little like one of my three - if I have the 'nerve' to stroke one of her sisters she starts meowing and runs over and plonks herself on me
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww well she most obviously be really fond of you and sometimes animals can get just as attached to humans as we are to them! (I'm attached to my cats but I sometimes if they are to me :p). It's quite unusual for a cat too so count yourself lucky! :D

One of my cats lived until 19 years old (and even then that was nothing to do with age, she got something caught on her tongue which was inoperable due to her age sadly). So I usually say with a good lifestyle etc they can live for ages (my auntie's cat lived until 23!)
  • Options
    michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat hates me. He only ever pretends to like me when its dinner time. The rest of the time he completely ignores me. :(

His brother will come and sit on my knee and sleep next to me, but it's on his terms only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Aww my cat us exactly like that! She just always has to sit on my lap even though she has a big comfy warm bed of her own. When she's outside she will meow at my window until I let her in. We live in different countries now but first thing I'll do when I get home is cuddle her :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some interesting replies people, thanks. Several of my cats are friendly and will meow at the door to come in and purr and that, but only once every few days. With Feebs it's constant, she pretty much is like my shadow. Amazing how an animal can be so affectionate towards a human, for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klondon wrote: »
    Aww my cat us exactly like that! She just always has to sit on my lap even though she has a big comfy warm bed of her own. When she's outside she will meow at my window until I let her in. We live in different countries now but first thing I'll do when I get home is cuddle her :)

Aw that's really sweet. Bet she's pleased when you go home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    your lucky cobweb
    my cat doesnt would never do that, she likes being stroked etc she'll let you hold her sometimes but most of the time she wriggles away, my cat 2yrs old

Maybe it'll get more loving and want more attention when it gets a bit older. What's your cat called?
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    Maybe it'll get more loving and want more attention when it gets a bit older. What's your cat called?

i hope so, though she has become more affectionate when we first got her she use to scratch us, not anymore
    sooty she a black cat and has white on her belly and green eyes
    she very beautiful
    we got her from the rspca when she was 6months
    she does get excited if were all out and come back home she starts running around
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Aw that's really sweet. Bet she's pleased when you go home.

Ye
    Ah she gets the b'jesus cuddled out if her when I'm home :)
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    I went to Bulgaria for a fortnight once, when I got back she went mad, like she'd missed me.

She did!

Cats aren't robots you know. Our cats are SO pleased to see us when we have been away.
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a really lovely story cobwebsoup. Your cat really loves you. :)