Options

Rihanna's conveyer belt music

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Rihanna at all (and I'm not comparing their music one bit) but the Beatles released 12 albums in 7yrs and that was hardly conveyor belt stuff.

Quality is obviously more important than quantity, but a high quantity doesn't necessarily mean poor quality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    SourCherry wrote: »
    Quality is obviously more important than quantity, but a high quantity doesn't necessarily mean poor quality.

^ That is my only point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the reason why Riri releases so many music is because she is SKINT

she has either squandered OR had bad advice from her accountants

she has a large entourage and high living to support

SHE IS SKINT, which mean its QTY not QUALITY
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once heard someone say about Rihanna that if she actually took time out even she knows she wouldn't come back which I thought was interesting.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I really like Rihanna's music. I say this as a fan of her music - p*ss off Rihanna. One album per year is tedious. I like when my popstars go away for a while, giving me a chance to miss them but not starving me of material. It's a nice happy medium.

I just find her quite desperate these days. It's like, yes she's releasing great pop music year after year and is still relevant, but is she actually making a legacy?

You can do. The Supremes did it in the 60s. Now people have an expectation for a break. She should take a little break, but she sells and earns millions so she'll keep going.
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can anyone take her seriously when she releases albums and such a quick rate and has singles fired at the public like missiles?

I doubt that many take her seriously, I think most people just accept her for what she is; a pop puppet with little talent.
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say Rihanna has grown into her 'talent'. I think she is talented to a degree...but only as talented as say Kesha, Katy Perry and some other female artists are at present. An average talent. One thing that really does annoy me with her though is the constant reference to sex.

It must be true that 'sex sells' because she does a whole lot of thrusting and sexual imagery (well implying it) in her music videos and live performances which get people talking. I never could understand why people used to bang on about Gaga's outfits when there is Rihanna talking about getting her cake eaten!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say Rihanna has grown into her 'talent'. I think she is talented to a degree...but only as talented as say Kesha, Katy Perry and some other female artists are at present. An average talent. One thing that really does annoy me with her though is the constant reference to sex.

It must be true that 'sex sells' because she does a whole lot of thrusting and sexual imagery (well implying it) in her music videos and live performances which get people talking. I never could understand why people used to bang on about Gaga's outfits when there is Rihanna talking about getting her cake eaten!

At least those two actually play a part in writing their hits..
    When talking of talent, writing surely has to be taken into account.

Rihanna is a girl who got lucky - nothing more nothing less.
    She's doing about all she can do, which is essentially 'sing karaoke'.
    Katy Perry or Kesha could easily make careers for themselves behind the scenes - they have the creativity.
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When talking of talent the writing has to be taken into account.

That's true but I would say Rihanna's songs (or hits) are of a better quality than Kesha's. I give Katy Perry credit because even though i'm not keen on her, she's had some good songs herself. But Rihanna has had hit after hit after hit. Some really good, some not so good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's true but I would say Rihanna's songs (or hits) are of a better quality than Kesha's. I give Katy Perry credit because even though i'm not keen on her, she's had some good songs herself. But Rihanna has had hit after hit after hit. Some really good, some not so good.

Rihanna having hits has nothing to do with 'her' talent in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When talking of talent, writing surely has to be taken into account.

Rihanna is a girl who got lucky - nothing more nothing less.
    She's doing about all she can do, which is essentially 'sing karaoke'.
    Katy Perry or Kesha could easily make careers for themselves behind the scenes - they have the creativity.

Fully agree with you. Plus i agree Rihanna needs to take a break if not for her sake but for ours! she constantly has a song out be it on the charts or radio or a feature etc. people will get sick of her i think and her material on TTT suggests her albums are suffering because there being rushed. But her next album will be out in October/November time again as usual.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's very much a vocalist, a singer, rather than an artist or a pop star.

What I mean by this is not that she's a good singer. But she's got to the height she's at now by guesting on other people's songs. Big as she was post GGGB and Rated R, it was by guesting on songs by Jay-Z and Eminem and TI and David Guetta and Nicki Minaj and Drake that she got so famous and so everywhere all the time so it seems she saturates the market.

Now she knows that's what sells, songs with her voice on them, that's all she'll make. That's why she doesnt need to be taken seriously as a writer - because people don't care what input she has as long as she has a catchy hook and a new fashionable look for the year.

This is probably what differentiates her from someone like Lady Gaga or Katy Perry, who only have their own songs to work with and don't collaborate very often. By collaborating, Rihanna ensures she's always got a song out nearly.

So all Rihanna has to do now is go into the studio and record a few vocals and make sure she keeps in shape for touring and public appearances, while her team do all the other work around her.

When you look at it like that its easy to see why she keeps releasing music. Anyway, no-one knows what her true schedule is. She could have recorded hundreds of unreleased songs already and just be sitting around all day watching the Kardashians on MTV. And then her team will pick out ones and stitch them together into semi-cohesive albums and keep up her high release schedule.

If that's how she's doing things then she doesnt need to take a break!
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can anyone take her seriously when she releases albums and such a quick rate and has singles fired at the public like missiles?

Jay Z is like that. I think that it is a prerequisite for the modern day music industry and particularly r and b and hip hop.