Options

Sky's 12 month contract

2»

Comments

• Options
    KizerKizer Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I think that is the problem though, the OP not asking for early cancellation, he was asking to pay the standard price till the end of the contract, and cancel, which they probably didn't understand.

He just needs to phone up and say he wants to cancel early, and pay any fees, and lose service in 31 days, but i feel this is not what he was saying, so the CS probably got confused.

You'd think they'd understand or interpret what you want seeing as how it's their job and what they've been trained to do efficiently and without fuss... GET THE BLOODY JOB DONE!

God help us :D
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alloneword wrote: »
    YUP!

and that's all that matters (too me anyway), stop trolling.

All1

Trolling? I'm not trolling.

What I was pointing out is that you were saying that all Sky gives over Freesat is 5HD. I was pointing out that it gives an awful lot more. You said, that for your needs that's all extra you FEEL it gives you. I was pointing out that that's down to your personal tastes. Hardly trolling. I think after near 3500 posts I'd have been outed as a troll by now, so please don't just rock up and start having a go.
    Kizer wrote: »
    You'd think they'd understand or interpret what you want seeing as how it's their job and what they've been trained to do efficiently and without fuss... GET THE BLOODY JOB DONE!

God help us :D

I agree. It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes. That said, I worked in a car insurance call centre part time when I was a student and people sometimes really do expect you to have a crystal ball. Quite often people don't even know what they want.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trolling? I'm not trolling.

What I was pointing out is that you were saying that all Sky gives over Freesat is 5HD. I was pointing out that it gives an awful lot more. You said, that for your needs that's all extra you FEEL it gives you. I was pointing out that that's down to your personal tastes. Hardly trolling. I think after near 3500 posts I'd have been outed as a troll by now, so please don't just rock up and start having a go.

I agree. It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes. That said, I worked in a car insurance call centre part time when I was a student and people sometimes really do expect you to have a crystal ball. Quite often people don't even know what they want.

I think the problem here is the OP wanting to pay till the end of the contract, and cancel, the CS probably assumed as they want to pay till the end, they want the service till the end, therefore they need to call up 31 days before.

The OP wants to stop complicating the call, just phone them up and say "i want to cancel early, what do i do?", and stop going on about paying up thbe remainder of the 12 months by bank transfer.
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem here is the OP wanting to pay till the end of the contract, and cancel, the CS probably assumed as they want to pay till the end, they want the service till the end, therefore they need to call up 31 days before.

The OP wants to stop complicating the call, just phone them up and say "i want to cancel early, what do i do?", and stop going on about paying up thbe remainder of the 12 months by bank transfer.

Agreed. It's often better just stick to the simple stuff and let them tell you what to do rather than trying to do their job for them.
  • Options
    bubblegunbubblegun Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky offer a lot more than 5HD over FreeSat.

Perfect solution. Cancelling the direct debit and sticking a cheque in the post is going to end in tears. Especially if you haven't sent it by recorded mail.

This is a bit anal but since Sky don't accept Cheques anymore this would be doubly pointless.
  • Options
    Paul000Paul000 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Since you are leaving anyway - CANCEL your direct debit immediately (having immediate effect on your outgoings).

Since you will not be the least bit bothered about being cut off that will be an idle threat to get you to pay.

You will gain at least 2 free months of your money until they try late payment fees (which in itself does not encourage business) and then sometime in say early May settle by debit card online.

....and then wait 3 weeks as I did and YES unbelievably the offers start coming.... 1/2 Price for 12 Months off all packages including WORLD. So you do it and enjoy it.