Mandy's tortoise...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    I like Lloyd, Steve, Jenna and Mandy.

That's got to be the first time I've seen that written on here! :)
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Latest news is Flash has been given his own dressing room at Granada Studios, ousting Michelle Collins to an outside hut. There are even rumours Flash will be the new landlord of the Rovers after the fire...!!! :D

Well, Flash IS the better actor...
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the scene with Sophie and Jenna asking Sally if they could put Flash in the garden, while Gail and Sally were having a deadly serious chat xD

I liked that too, but I wondered if it's warm enough yet in Manchester to put a tortoise out in the garden? (And yes - I know it's not real life.)
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bellamina wrote: »
    Are you for real, it isn't real life :eek:

I do realise that, but why act as though a tortoise can be picked up for a £5. Its wrong.

Would you react differently if it showed puppies being for sale in a pet shop ?
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    The thing that annoyed me about this storyline is when Lloyd just went to the pet shop to buy another tortoise and said it was Flash. They were talking about it being 'just a tortoise'. But seeing as Lloyd was skint not long ago, have you any idea how much money a tortoise of that size costs. Its A LOT. Plus, when it reaches that size you need to register it and microchip it etc etc ...

That's exactly what I was thinking. I think Steve said it was £100. No way are you going to get one that size for £100. It was a beauty :)
    (not that I'm the slightest bit interested in Mandy, her daughter or any storyline they're involved in.)
  • Options
    shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Latest news is Flash has been given his own dressing room at Granada Studios, ousting Michelle Collins to an outside hut. There are even rumours Flash will be the new landlord of the Rovers after the fire...!!! :D

I`m waiting for the photos of Flash coming out of a Manchester night spot with some random footballer.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    hurley wrote: »
    That's got to be the first time I've seen that written on here! :)

And hopefully the last!
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there's a storyline in the offing of a Flash and Michelle affair.

They'll be known as "Tortoisechelle".
  • Options
    shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ofni wrote: »
    Apparently there's a storyline in the offing of a Flash and Michelle affair.

They'll be known as "Tortoisechelle".

:D:D:D Love it
  • Options
    NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick to death of Steve saying 'flash arhhhh' every time someone says its name. Winds me up. And the woman who plays Mandy can't act very well, she's very monotone and quiet.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they'll replace the iconic cat in the opening credits with new soap icon Flash plodding along the cobbles.
  • Options
    ThePenkethPedanThePenkethPedan Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I am fed up of hearing them banging on about the "toytoys"

Me too; the correct pronunciation is `tortus`. Anyone who doubts this should check with a good dictionary. I think there is one cast member who pronounces it correctly.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Flash is the next investor in the factory and thus becoming Carla's new business partner.
    We know where this is heading....poor Flash:(
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My tortoise would like to meet Flash with a view to romance.
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hartley Hare should turn up and challenge Flash to a race.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    well if Lloyd and Steve are involved its gotta be ridiculous, and drag on :yawn:
    But it was quite funny when Steve insisted on his line "Flash Woho........." very funny IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mandy's so dire, Flash completely owned that scene with her last night.
    Her equally dire daughter sucks the life out of every scene she's in too.
    Great comment here about Mandy. You have summed up what she does to every scene she is in.

Fair play, the writers have stitched poor Lloyd up like a good 'un saddling him with those two bores.

He's obviously really upset some bugger high up (Anthony Cotton I expect! ;):)).

Excellent!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    The thing that annoyed me about this storyline is when Lloyd just went to the pet shop to buy another tortoise and said it was Flash. They were talking about it being 'just a tortoise'. But seeing as Lloyd was skint not long ago, have you any idea how much money a tortoise of that size costs. Its A LOT. Plus, when it reaches that size you need to register it and microchip it etc etc ...
    I though exactly the same.... no way you would get a tortoise like that for £100. Aren't they a protected species too?
    Didn't know you had to register to have one..... learn something every day throgh DS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bellamina wrote: »
    Are you for real, it isn't real life :eek:
    Thet should get it right though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I`m waiting for the photos of Flash coming out of a Manchester night spot with some random footballer.

And I'm waiting for Flash to come out of the closet!!:D Can you imagine Mandy's reaction??:eek: Would she disown him, could she learn to accept it??:confused: So many questions, so little time.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    A strong contender already for storyline of the year?!
    I find it fascinating and looks like it will drag on for months yet too:D

everytime they say flash my little brother keeps saying ahhhh cantre of the universe