Options

unblock US now lets you choose netflix regions!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    kmmoorekmmoore Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I have been using unblock-us for over a year, and think it's great, but they now only have a monthly payment option, and I don't like setting up these continuous payment accounts...

So, unfortunately, I'll be looking elsewhere now :cry:

Sorry unblock-us....Don't know why you have removed the single payment option, but it has cost you at least one customer :cool:
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    kmmoore wrote: »
    I have been using unblock-us for over a year, and think it's great, but they now only have a monthly payment option, and I don't like setting up these continuous payment accounts...

So, unfortunately, I'll be looking elsewhere now :cry:

Sorry unblock-us....Don't know why you have removed the single payment option, but it has cost you at least one customer :cool:

Have you emailed them to ask if its possible?
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Just started a free trial, didn't have to configure cos a file downloaded from the Unblock website did it for me and now a little globe icon appears in the notification area, if it's green I can access Netflix US but do I click 'Turn OFF' when I don't want to use Netflix and just access the internet normally? :confused:
  • Options
    passingbatpassingbat Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    Just started a free trial, didn't have to configure cos a file downloaded from the Unblock website did it for me and now a little globe icon appears in the notification area, if it's green I can access Netflix US but do I click 'Turn OFF' when I don't want to use Netflix and just access the internet normally? :confused:

I leave it on all the time because Unblockus only works with sites they make it work with and accesses all other sites normally.

Don't forget you select which Netflix region you want here

http://www.unblock-us.com/?utm_expid=40442353-0
  • Options
    ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    do I click 'Turn OFF' when I don't want to use Netflix and just access the internet normally? :confused:

I've found that I can leave it on all the time, except when trying to access wifi onboard the train, for some reason.
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found that I can leave it on all the time, except when trying to access wifi onboard the train, for some reason.

Try going to the unblock us website and clicking the option to update your internet address, it may work but just remember you'll have to do the same again when you return home and switch back to your home wifi.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out here?

After reading some of the posts here on the board about unblock us i thought i'd give it a try.I take it the best option is setting it up through your router?.

I followed the instructions regarding setting up through your router,it's a Netgear router that the gf got from sky 6-7 years ago.According to unblock us once you log into your router administration page you select basic settings.This is where i've hit a snag as the only option i've got under setup is Wireless settings.I don't seem to have an option in changing the DNS.

I don't know if this had happened to anyone else?.I'm not too sure how to get around this.

cheers
  • Options
    passingbatpassingbat Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    I.I take it the best option is setting it up through your router?.

I just set it up on the devices that I use it on. (except you can't do that on the Roku as you can't change DNS on the Roku).
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^^ same here just set it on my PS3 and Apple TV
  • Options
    PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Train login system will be on their own dns, which you don't get when using the unblock us dns.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    OverPlay's SmartDNS service let's you choose your Netflix region too.

It let's you choose from US, UK, Denmark, Germany, France, Brazil, Ireland, Canada, Sweden, Norway, Japan, Finland and Latin America all one drop down menu just for netflix as well as automatically re-routing other Geo-Restricted websites
    http://watchajs.neocities.org/1.5.png

I've found their customer service (live help not ticket support) to be really helpful too

It's available at $4.95 (£3.20) a month or $49.95 (£32.25) a year
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ended up setting unblock us on my laptop & xbox.I have still to check out the majority of the various netflix sites but have started watching the 90's tv programme Early Edition on Netflix Canada & Netflix Mexico has some stuff that has caught my eye.
  • Options
    AndreamacAndreamac Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hi all. I signed up for the free trial and installed the .exe file, all good to go. Picked US netflix, clicked update and logged into netflix on my blu ray player. Now, this might seem a silly question, but how do I know if it's the US netflix? It looks exactly the same, same recently watched etc. Tried Mexico to see if there was any obvious change and again, can't tell the difference.

Help a gal out please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andreamac wrote: »
    Hi all. I signed up for the free trial and installed the .exe file, all good to go. Picked US netflix, clicked update and logged into netflix on my blu ray player. Now, this might seem a silly question, but how do I know if it's the US netflix? It looks exactly the same, same recently watched etc. Tried Mexico to see if there was any obvious change and again, can't tell the difference.

Help a gal out please?
    If you see no difference between the UK and US regions then chances are something's not been setup correctly.
    Did you change the DNS settings on your Blu Ray player?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hearing very good things about unblock-us lately. I may go back to them once my sub with unotelly is up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was just about to say.. Can't change DNS on my router because Sky won't let me, so I changed DNS on the Blu Ray and hey presto! Can't believe Netflix charge us the same amount as US, i'm amazed by the difference in content. Way worth a few extra £'s per month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was just about to say.. Can't change DNS on my router because Sky won't let me, so I changed DNS on the Blu Ray and hey presto! Can't believe Netflix charge us the same amount as US, i'm amazed by the difference in content. Way worth a few extra £'s per month.

Yet the Americans moan about their content :D
    I find Canada is better for films, mind you saying that, all the regions seem to have something that the others don't.
  • Options
    daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Yet the Americans moan about their content :D
    I find Canada is better for films, mind you saying that, all the regions seem to have something that the others don't.

Ive been looking for Zatoachi on netflix, found it on mexico netflix, but no english subtitles.

Viewed some content on Swedish, but on Norway, when i tried to play content it fails, no ldea why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I agree...a great service like Overplay.
    Am with Unblock at the moment...any word of them getting a full VPN any time soon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I tried to watch some Walking Dead content on AMC when I first set up and it came back with the "not available in your country" message. Tried again last night for the hell of it and lo and behold, zombie heaven :)

I wonder why it decided to work? It's definitely not in their supported sites list, although i'm not complaining.

This got me wondering, have any of you discovered it works with any other sites not officially supported?
  • Options
    daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to watch some Walking Dead content on AMC when I first set up and it came back with the "not available in your country" message. Tried again last night for the hell of it and lo and behold, zombie heaven :)

I wonder why it decided to work? It's definitely not in their supported sites list, although i'm not complaining.

This got me wondering, have any of you discovered it works with any other sites not officially supported?

Did you have to login?, or was it free, i looked and it wanted my tv provider.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, no login request. I went to http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/a-look-at-season-4-the-walking-dead and it just started playing. Could have been a fluke but i'm hoping not!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daver34 wrote: »
    Did you have to login?, or was it free, i looked and it wanted my tv provider.

Sorry for the misleading info.. I didn't go to AMC to watch the shows, I just went for the WD webisodes and behind the scenes videos, which play no problem. If you try and watch the actual show on there, they do want your provider/login.