✭✭✭
Anybody listening to tonight's show?

:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Euan & Roughy were going to start fighting , sounded like Euan really got under Roughy's skin , any ideas what happened around 7.10 pm they where going full pelt then the adverts kicked in suddenly , that was defently not Euan that fired them off he waits untill hes losing an arguement before he hits the button .

I think Victoria decided that a cooling off period was due ! .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ignore this just a bump to get my post to show . DS server probs .
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_5 wrote: »
    I thought Euan & Roughy were going to start fighting , sounded like Euan really got under Roughy's skin , any ideas what happened around 7.10 pm they where going full pelt then the adverts kicked in suddenly , that was defently not Euan that fired them off he waits untill hes losing an arguement before he hits the button .

I think Victoria decided that a cooling off period was due ! .

I thought it was quality. Shame it's no longer on Setanta Sports since they went bust.

The argument sounded serious. First time I've seen them call an adbreak so sharp. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last time i heard that much anger in that studio was when The Saturdays dropped into the phone-in , after they left Roughy admitted he had no idea who they were and thought they were Girls Aloud , turned out they where still in the building at the vending machine and heard the comment ,then one of the girls came bursting back in going nuts .

i wish that one was on the telly :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does everybody think of the new host then? I'm undecided about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Listened for the first time tonight, i felt it wasn't natural a little forced at times. However will give it time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody know why Euan left for the breakfast show? Victoria also left since this thread was first started.
  • Options
    Sid LawSid Law Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grown men almost coming to blows talking - or arguing about football.................they need to get a life !
  • Options
    cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody know why Euan left for the breakfast show? Victoria also left since this thread was first started.

Yeah, can anyone tell me too why Euan left the phone-in for one of the highest profile shows on Scottish radio.????

ANYONE!!!!
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because the football phone-in on Real Radio is just about as past it as Scottie McClue on the radio

Euan recognised the opportunity to do something different and went for it based on his popularity on the football show.

Fair enough... He should go for it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuttysark wrote: »
    Yeah, can anyone tell me too why Euan left the phone-in for one of the highest profile shows on Scottish radio.????

ANYONE!!!!

Did anybody think Euan & Roughy towards the end were having a bit too many fall outs on air anyway? I think it was becoming a bit stale too so maybe that's why they wanted a change?

Still won't be the same as the good days when it was on Setanta.
  • Options
    Black LabelBlack Label Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the football phone-in on Real Radio is just about as past it as Scottie McClue on the radio

Yes I do rather wonder what the long term mileage is in these shows.

Endless unfounded specultion about storms in teacups fuelled by devils' advocate commentators that amount to nothing and are forgotten about the next week.

Why, we have internet forums for that;)

Tune into Real and Clyde and it is the same topics and calls based around that day' back pages.

With the arrival of Capital might Real and Clyde be advised to call a truce and both ditch this output?
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the arrival of Capital might Real and Clyde be advised to call a truce and both ditch this output?

At the very least it would make more sense for GMG to have it on Smooth and Bauer to put it on Clyde 2, leaving the premier FMs to output music.
  • Options
    RadioGazRadioGaz Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    At the very least it would make more sense for GMG to have it on Smooth and Bauer to put it on Clyde 2, leaving the premier FMs to output music.

that would mean more local output on Smooth, we couldn't possibly have that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked to see this show has been axed.

It seems everything is going mainstream these days.
  • Options
    carlmacarcarlmacar Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    i will miss calling in to real radio/northeast, and scotland, wonder what's going to happen for Scotland games? real used to cover the home games?
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked to see this show has been axed.

It seems everything is going mainstream these days.

Not just in Scotland either - the football phone-ins on Real Radio North East and Real Radio Wales have also been binned.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't surprise me. The football/bias oldfirm phone in's are atrocious radio.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    And Peter Martin Didn't last long did he?
  • Options
    Martin KongMartin Kong Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carlmacar wrote: »
    wonder what's going to happen for Scotland games?

BBC Radio Scotland?
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Half an hour before it was supposed to be on air too. Seems sudden
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Half an hour before it was supposed to be on air too. Seems sudden

Not really. That's probably the point when both presenters had arrived in the building.

As for all this stuff about 'shock' and 'tears'...well maybe. But the imminent ditching of the sport was forecast on here the day the takeover went through.

When you actually work in a radio station going through this it's tempting to beieve what your line managers say, even though the forums are predicting your imminent demise. Been there done that a decade ago.

Bottom lime is the bottom line. The only way Global can make cash out GMG's licences is by losing most of GMG's staff.
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Stupid move by Real Radio to axe the football phone in :mad:

I have switched over to the Clyde1 football phone in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Rough is back on STV Glasgow reminds me of the Setanta Sports days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Rough is back on STV Glasgow reminds me of the Setanta Sports days.

It's a cheap cop-out but it works, sharing costs with a radio station that's not really direct competition. I suppose this whole concept dates back to the days of the James Whale TV show and to some extend 'The Broom Cupboard' on BBC children's TV.

Bound to pull in audience.