The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goat face is on celeb BB :o

I won't be watching, just flicked over and saw him.
    Desperate to keep himself on TV. :kitty:
  • shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    oooh swearing by a caller! and MW didn't hear what they said the first time and asked him to repeat it! :D

there obviously isn't a delay anymore?
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Wozza going on about his shoplifting, again.

He tried to encourage programme makers to follow him in therapy for stealing. That didn't happen.

Now he's writing a book about his shoplifting.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh swearing by a caller! and MW didn't hear what they said the first time and asked him to repeat it! :D

That was the funniest thing I`ve seen in ages - Wrighty asking the caller to repeat "...and I ****ed her pussy". I thought he was doing a Bill Grundy and encouraging him by asking him to repeat it! :D

Wild guess - Not on +1 or Demand5!

Wrighty saying VHS wasn`t around when he was 15 in 1981ish. Historians - Update your references!
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    That was the funniest thing I`ve seen in ages - Wrighty asking the caller to repeat "...and I ****ed her pussy". I thought he was doing a Bill Grundy and encouraging him by asking him to repeat it! :D

Wrighty saying VHS wasn`t around when he was 15 in 1981ish. Historians - Update your references!

I was watching on +1 and the screen just went blank for about a minute. They couldn't even be bothered to just bleep it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching on +1 and the screen just went blank for about a minute. They couldn't even be bothered to just bleep it out.

Pretty lax of Screechy to not cut the caller off after the first. To leave him on the line to do it again might get Ofcom interested enough to investigate/fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Pretty lax of Screechy to not cut the caller off after the first. To leave him on the line to do it again might get Ofcom interested enough to investigate/fine.

it is the summer, maybe they have temps doing the job of screening calls.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

there obviously isn't a delay anymore?

Do we know what the caller was saying exactly? He said he "made love" in her Pudsey (didn't he?).

Is that the front or back?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Do we know what the caller was saying exactly? He said he "made love" in her Pudsey (didn't he?).

See above.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See above.

Ah, pussy. That makes more sense. But most people wouldn't have specified the body part.

I've just played it back again and it still sounds like Pudsey.
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Probably something to do with this....
    NSFW (contains coarse language)
    http://fhritp.com/about-fhritp/
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utterly sublime. The best thing on the Wright Stuff in ages. And, as others have said, the best bit was Wrighty getting him to repeat it!!! Yes I know I'm immature. :D On a side note I saw Kirsty wandering the Lanes in Brighton last week with boyfriend Ben. She looked miserable as sin!!
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You'd think a Sex Pistols fan like Wrighty would find a call like that quite hilarious and clever, wouldn't you? It's the same thing as they did in the '70s.

I hate to say it but Wright is kind of right there. A lot of films and TV shows were not commercially available on video in '81 and a lot of people still didn't have video machines at that point. I remember the BBC brought out the first Doctor Who video in '83 (only five years after they'd stopped wiping them!) :D
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The build up to it was well acted and lulled Wright in enough that he wanted to know the outcome, which was delivered with such aplomb! Couldn't resist reminding to watch Wright's reaction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    The build up to it was well acted and lulled Wright in enough that he wanted to know the outcome, which was delivered with such aplomb! Couldn't resist reminding to watch Wright's reaction.

Channel 5 have removed the call completely from their Five Player but the Daily Star have put it up.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/395258/The-Wright-Stuff-phone-in-gets-x-rated-as-caller-says-I-f-ed-her-in-the-p
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wozza going on about his shoplifting, again.

Now he's writing a book about his shoplifting.

I'll be sure to nick it from Tesco when it's out ;)

It's the same with Sunday Brunch (in the same studio). It's just easier to blank it out for a minute rather than miss the moment and incur the wrath of Ofcom.
    ag1973 wrote: »
    it is the summer, maybe they have temps doing the job of screening calls.

Calls are screened?? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez, it's that Paris geezerbird who sees transphobia round every corner. Lighten up a bit, love.

She's a convincing woman though. I wouldn't have any suspicions. Unlike the bloke who's a regular in the audience and doesn't look quite right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    I wonder when Matt will take the plunge and finally find peace with himself.

What could you be insinuating? I'm not sure whether you mean suicide or gay marriage tbh. :confused:
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the call from this morning ("I f**ked her in the pussy")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsCQZl6ay0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »

Not put up by The Wright Stuff themselves, funnily enough, unlike a previous embarrassing moment for Wrighty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa_JpJJSFMA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    I hate to say it but Wright is kind of right there. A lot of films and TV shows were not commercially available on video in '81 and a lot of people still didn't have video machines at that point.

I beg to differ. Lots of people had VHS machines in the late 70s and there were even multiple competing formats by 1980:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videotape_format_war

Wrighty, as usual, is wrong in service of engineering a "bit" about why he had to sneak into 18 cert movies at the cinema - His assertion, "VHS wasn`t around when I was 15" is just BS.
    Channel 5 have removed the call completely from their Five Player but the Daily Star have put it up.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/395258/The-Wright-Stuff-phone-in-gets-x-rated-as-caller-says-I-f-ed-her-in-the-p

Which is basically the same as Five putting it up as The Daily Star is just an advertising rag for the channel. What on earth will they fill their worthless pages with when the Viacom takeover is complete?!?! They`ll have to sack the current lot and get some real journos in! :D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not put up by The Wright Stuff themselves, funnily enough, unlike a previous embarrassing moment for Wrighty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa_JpJJSFMA

You can almost see him fall off his chair as he thought "how will I pay my mortgage from next month, I don't want to sit in the job centre and sign on".:D
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »

The funniest part of that is the member of the crew heard in the background going, "No, no, no, no, no......" when Wrighty asks the caller to repeat himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    The funniest part of that is the member of the crew heard in the background going, "No, no, no, no, no......" when Wrighty asks the caller to repeat himself.

Shows MW doesn`t listen to the callers properly either which is what we`ve been saying for YEARS! :D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The questions the regulators will ask here:

1) Why was there no delay on the show when it is allowing live unknown callers on air.
    2) Why, if the crew member shouted "no,no, no" didn't someone in the gallery cut the call.
    3) Why was there no immediate apology from Matthew"
    4) What did the programme do after the incident to address the incident and was enough done and what can the programme do in the future"

I think a hefty fine will be forthcoming as there seems to be no procedures in place for such an incident occuring, the response of the gallery was none existent and from the clip Matthew made no apology and went to the next caller.

Surely in this situation a commercial break would have been an idea to allow a pause and for the studio to get itself together.
This discussion has been closed.