Options

Anyone miss Zoe Ball on TV?

TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She was like the Queen of TV in the late 90s/early 00s not to mention great on Radio 1 with her morning show which I always listened to (she was better than Sara Cox imo)

Now you hardly ever see her, I wonder if its her choice.

Comments

• Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's still on radio 2, but she's just had another baby so I would imagine she does a job that fits in with having a family. I used to like her being on TV, but love her radio show.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Zoe on Live and Kicking. How time flies!
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Can't say I miss her. I'm not sure what program her presenting style would be suited to nowadays.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    preferred her Dad
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could be good, with the right co-presenter.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe Ball was the original choice to host Strictly Come Dancing, but she turned it down and they gave it to Tess Daly instead.

I also heard that she was offered Big Brother before Davina, I'm not sure if that's true, but the Strictly Story definitely is because I remember seeing her talk about it on something.
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    preferred her Dad

I LOVE her dad!!! Used to watch 'Think of a Number' religiously... and in fact I got his book (Johnny Ball's Think Box) which I'm using now to help my 8-year-old with her maths. He's a complete legend. :cool::cool:

Do I miss Zoe? Er.. no.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't like her at all during that whole 1990s ladette phase, but my opinion of her has mellowed in recent years.

I don't think she could be any more annoying than a lot of the presenters we have on TV now - Tess, Davina, Fearne, etc. :sleep:

Her Dad is a bit of a legend though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really always found her quite irritating not a patch on her dad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She somehow seems smarter than other presenters. I like her a lot. Can't say I miss her as such because she hadn't entered my mind until I saw this thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Certainly not, but you did remind me of the very old website living at http://moosemansions.com/ballsack
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    preferred her Dad

I absolutely idolised Johnny Ball. Wasn't he brilliant? He just made the most boring school subjects such fun and easy to remember.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    I miss Johnny Ball revealing all more :D
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely idolised Johnny Ball. Wasn't he brilliant? He just made the most boring school subjects such fun and easy to remember.

He was the science/maths teacher everyone of a certain generation wished they'd had at their school.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry......Zoe who?
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, couldnt stand the cow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...no
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .....That'll be a resounding 'No' then!! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always liked Zoe Ball. I don't know why someone would call her a 'cow': she is one of the few celebs who never seems to get a bad word from those who have met her. There are loads of stories about how unstarry and laid-back she is.

And I think she comes over genuinely well in this story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1321697/Zoe-Ball-Booze-nearly-mental-home.html

She screwed up, but fought back to the way she knew she should be. I can't believe the comments underneath. :( Why are people so nasty about someone talking sadly about their fight with alcoholism? She's not showing off about it, or dramatising, just telling people what went wrong and how hard it was to put it right. I think that is a useful message to pass on. I can't say how much I would rather spend time with Zoe Ball than with some of the self-righteous horrors commenting on her story.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always liked Zoe Ball. I don't know why someone would call her a 'cow': she is one of the few celebs who never seems to get a bad word from those who have met her. There are loads of stories about how unstarry and laid-back she is.

And I think she comes over genuinely well in this story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1321697/Zoe-Ball-Booze-nearly-mental-home.html

She screwed up, but fought back to the way she knew she should be. I can't believe the comments underneath. :( Why are people so nasty about someone talking sadly about their fight with alcoholism? She's not showing off about it, or dramatising, just telling people what went wrong and how hard it was to put it right. I think that is a useful message to pass on. I can't say how much I would rather spend time with Zoe Ball than with some of the self-righteous horrors commenting on her story.

Thanks for link. I agree, she does come across really well here, but then I've always liked her and Norm and thought they made a great couple. Glad they've come out the other side. and a lot stronger and closer by the sound of it.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant say l do :yawn:
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never liked her. Part of that vile ladette culture that ruined women he said old fashioned-ly.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't stand her breathy presenting style but I always thought she seemed game for a laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    I never liked her. Part of that vile ladette culture that ruined women he said old fashioned-ly.

:eek: I say. Surely women are not ruined? I have a number of lovely daughters myself and speaking as an impartial observer think they have turned out very well.

And to be fair, even those bellowing women you see tanked up out of their skulls on a Saturday night shrieking in the High Street often turn out to be perfectly responsible and likeable the rest of the time. As a nurse myself (not young) I can confirm that no one can do ladette better than a gang of young nurses off the leash after a long, hard week.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    No, don't miss her, never liked her on TV or radio. I was gutted when she took over the Radio One breakfast show from Mark & Lard, it went downhill from then on and never recovered.