Cowell: "There were PEOPLE OUT THERE trying to derail the show"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
Forum Member
"...and tonight we put the show BACK IN THE HANDS OF THE PUBLIC"...
Dear Simon Cowell, you can't write off millions of people like they were some small insignificant factor.
These 'people out there' were counted for a huge percent of your viewers and of those who have voted in droves for your shitty show.
So basically, you're saying that these 'people out there' are not even part of the 'public'?

Comments

• TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Millions voted for Wagner? Tonight's result disagrees.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    What happened to putting it completely in the hands of the public and get rid of the judges deciding?

I'm sure it's normally this week when that happens.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Yep that's about right. :D
  • seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "...and tonight we put the show BACK IN THE HANDS OF THE PUBLIC"..

as i said on a previous thread, who was voting before then? Aliens?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Over the course of weeks, yes, millions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean, who does he think those "people" are? Yes, Simon, they too are part of the public! And you made a fortune off their votes for Wagner, so shut up please!
  • itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Millions voted for Wagner? Tonight's result disagrees.
    simon fixed the results tonight thats obvious in what he said tonight ;)
    He hung himself tonight by saying they gave the show back lol, he manipulated the results

Cher was a gonner, he was missing just before results were announced checking on his execs no doubt and their speed dialling for cher
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He derailed it himself by saving Katie all the time.

Had she rightfully not gone through judges houses, there would have been no Gamu backlash, had she not been saved 4 times there would have been no campaign to save Wagner to p*ss the producers off, same with if she'd gone instead of Aiden.

He can't go around f'n up the show, then blame others for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He started the derailing of the show in the first place the big block head. Ooo that mans heading for a fall!
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    He hung himself tonight by saying they gave the show back lol, he manipulated the results

Cher was a gonner, he was missing just before results were announced checking on his execs no doubt and their speed dialling for cher
    He manipulates the results every week, this isn't anything new.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister told me that when he said, that she thought of me. *proud* :D
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if it's a double elimination next week assuming three will be in the final as with previous years when it's down to the last five the bottom two acts next week will go meaning no singoff. Any singoff next makes a mockery of what Mr Cowell said.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axius wrote: »
    Over the course of weeks, yes, millions.

Not a chance. They don't get enough votes in the early weeks for Wagner to have got "millions" of votes. In fact, it would be quite a push to suggest that he has had a million votes so far from the entire series. As with all the acts, you're talking about a relatively small minority voting at this point.

Series 5 had about 16m votes, of which 8m were cast in the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to putting it completely in the hands of the public and get rid of the judges deciding?

I'm sure it's normally this week when that happens.

I'm sure you're right there. However, as Wagner wasn't in the bottom two, Cowell was never going to sanction that this week.
  • Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Simon Cowell, you can't write off millions of people like they were some small insignificant factor.
    These 'people out there' were counted for a huge percent of your viewers and of those who have voted in droves for your shitty show.
    So basically, you're saying that these 'people out there' are not even part of the 'public'?

It is ungrateful and disrespectful of him to say this, and he WILL live to regret it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Simon is patting himself on the back for getting rid of Wagner. I was warming to Wagner and I'm sad he's gone but if it takes losing Wagner in order to finally get rid of Katie then I see it as a good result.
  • SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All he did was show he is bothered about the show being treated as a joke.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cowell is bitter that his manipulation has taken so long to kick in. He literally had to pull out every stop to get rid of Wagner this weekend.

Proof that he is losing his touch and that it won't last forever. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    I think Cowell is bitter that his manipulation has taken so long to kick in. He literally had to pull out every stop to get rid of Wagner this weekend.

What do you mean? The show clearly wanted Wagner in up until this week. This was the first time they tried to get rid of him.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't have taken much for anyone to try to derail the show this year. The judges, Dermot, Konnie, the producers and the worst set of live show contestants in the show's history helped to derail it without anyone else needing to put their two bobs worth in.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He derailed it himself by saving Katie all the time.

Had she rightfully not gone through judges houses, there would have been no Gamu backlash, had she not been saved 4 times there would have been no campaign to save Wagner to p*ss the producers off, same with if she'd gone instead of Aiden.

He can't go around f'n up the show, then blame others for it.

Absolutely agree.

The show was never really in the hands of the public. As the whole Katie debacle showed, it was in the hands of the judges all along.
  • LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was never in the public hand to begin with this farce of a show is controlled by Simon & co (the producers),1) they choose who they want in the show, 2) they choose who does the live tour
    3)who goes through to the final and who wins as we have seen tonight your vote don't count,
    It not just sports that can be fixed.
  • RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Wagner has earnt Simon a fortune
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

Spot on. Tonights results did not ring true, and Simon's little speech confirmed it. Lol.
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here, here...the joke is Cowell thinks that is the end of Wagner. Little does he know! ;)