'Tis fishy!!!!

sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
Forum Member
✭✭
Wagner had to go, and he had to go fast before Mr Cowell lost control of the voting! The double elimination thingy was slipped into this stage of the show to make sure he got into the bottom two. However, I find it quite difficult to believe that the "protest vote" slipped enough to make him in the bottom sector, especially since the aforementioned voters were aware of Mr Cowell's cunning plans, so one would have thought that votes for him would have increased significantly. I don't know how they managed to "pull if off"...but I think "something" was done here.....don't you?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any suggestion of fix on here goes down like a lead balloon. However, last night there was a thread on here, that was from someone who studies betting and they reported something odd was happening with Cher. Waggy had been ahead of her all day, then come 7pm, an influx of money started being poured into her. I don't know. Make of it what you will :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I think it's just that a lot of fanbases were battling it out yesterday, and especially with the leak about 1D, their fans will have really pulled out all the stops. I think the voting between most of the acts was probably very close, except maybe with Matt way out front & Katie way behind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »
    Wagner had to go, and he had to go fast before Mr Cowell lost control of the voting! The double elimination thingy was slipped into this stage of the show to make sure he got into the bottom two. However, I find it quite difficult to believe that the "protest vote" slipped enough to make him in the bottom sector, especially since the aforementioned voters were aware of Mr Cowell's cunning plans, so one would have thought that votes for him would have increased significantly. I don't know how they managed to "pull if off"...but I think "something" was done here.....don't you?

A double elimination had to happen sometime.

Do you know how strong the protest vote was before this week?

Assuming the answer to that is no, why is it impossible that he has been 3rd bottom for a few weeks & was bottom 3 again when it was a double elimination?

Nothing was done.
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »
    Yep.
    Would be very interested to see the phone votes for last night.... if Wagner was in the bottom 3, bet he wasn't bottom 2!! But sadly, even seeing them might not prove anything as the figures could be 'swung' by people in the know ringing in en masse.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    I think many of the new fans saying they were voting for Wags were actually not and just bullshiting to be honest.

Plus history with Jedward completely repeated itself not only when they were bottom 2 for the 1st time but the week they were also elimination.

Press aying they were doing well, odds tumbling down to challenge the favourites, graveyard slot on show, medicore comments from the judges and nothing to really get too worked up about.

Cowell is a genius really in terms of manipulation and how to remove contestants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Going out on a double eviction is fair enough but what puzzles me is where all Cher's support came from this week. She floundered last week and was awful again and still kept out of the bottom three! :rolleyes:
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think many of the new fans saying they were voting for Wags were actually not and just bullshiting to be honest.

Plus history with Jedward completely repeated itself not only when they were bottom 2 for the 1st time but the week they were also elimination.

Press aying they were doing well, odds tumbling down to challenge the favourites, graveyard slot on show, medicore comments from the judges and nothing to really get too worked up about.

Cowell is a genius really in terms of manipulation and how to remove contestants.

I think you right. Think it was oddschecker that had a very interesting article saying we will know when Wagner has outlived his usefullness when he gets to sing first with no heavy production and lukewarm comments and hey presto that is exactly what happened.

It will be interesting to see who sings first next week!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    Winterland wrote: »
    Going out on a double eviction is fair enough but what puzzles me is where all Cher's support came from this week. She floundered last week and was awful again and still kept out of the bottom three! :rolleyes:

She probably got a little bottom 2 boost - most contestants do after their first time there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member

They gave her the pimp slot, though, and she would have got a bit of a rebound vote. Regardless, it was probably fairly close in the voting between Cher/1D/Rebecca/Wagner/Mary.
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

She was awful but i think a percentage of people must have been swayed and influenced by what seemed to be an instruction to the judges to praise her to the hilt no matter how shite she was last night..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I think you right. Think it was oddschecker that had a very interesting article saying we will know when Wagner has outlived his usefullness when he gets to sing first with no heavy production and lukewarm comments and hey presto that is exactly what happened.

It will be interesting to see who sings first next week!

I'm guessing it'll be Mary. They'll probably be doing everything to limit her potential bounce in the votes, in case she takes out one of the big 4.
  • Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely believe that, while they physically cannot *rig* the votes anymore (because they HAVE in the past, which is proof that they have an agenda), Steven Cowell is a multi millionaire. He can easily pay a friend to keep on calling and calling for the person or people immediately below Wagner in the voting, there is nothing in the rules to say that he can't. He wouln't even lose money as it all goes to him.

They could easily generate enough votes this way, how many seconds are there in a day? probably I am not saying it definitely happened. However I think it was extremely likely. Everyone I know was voting for Wagner, his fanbase was gargantuan. Even the Hoff was behind him - fgs!

It was patently obvious to everyone that the powers that be wanted Wagner out this week. Steven Cowell as much as admitted it. They did not particularly want him out in previous weeks as he generate HUGE revenue for the programme, not to mention viewers, which is why they always kept him towards the end. Many (including myself) only tuned in to see him towards the end.

They don't need him anymore now it's the semi final. The semi final and final get enough viewers anyway. I ho0pe they are in for a shock and the nation TURNS OFF for the next two weekends.

I don't care what anyone on here says, I personally am convinced that it was a fix in this sense and it disappoints me, but it is no less than I would expect from Steve and Cheryl. I am just surprised they didn't do it last week, to vindicate Biffa. I suppose money means more to Steve than Cheryl's pride.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Would Steven Cowell be Simon's brother?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Would Steven Cowell be Simon's brother?

Who's Simon?!:confused: I don't think so.
  • MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was fishy concidering that Wagner slipped through easily every week before last night. All week the support for Wagner ramped up several gears and all you saw on Facebook, Twitter DS, Blogs, Newsfeeds, Press stories and word on the street was VOTE WAGNER. So what happened - is indeed very fishy.
  • sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Born lippy wrote: »
    I absolutely believe that, while they physically cannot *rig* the votes anymore (because they HAVE in the past, which is proof that they have an agenda), Steven Cowell is a multi millionaire. He can easily pay a friend to keep on calling and calling for the person or people immediately below Wagner in the voting, there is nothing in the rules to say that he can't. He wouln't even lose money as it all goes to him.

They could easily generate enough votes this way, how many seconds are there in a day? probably I am not saying it definitely happened. However I think it was extremely likely. Everyone I know was voting for Wagner, his fanbase was gargantuan. Even the Hoff was behind him - fgs!

It was patently obvious to everyone that the powers that be wanted Wagner out this week. Steven Cowell as much as admitted it. They did not particularly want him out in previous weeks as he generate HUGE revenue for the programme, not to mention viewers, which is why they always kept him towards the end. Many (including myself) only tuned in to see him towards the end.

They don't need him anymore now it's the semi final. The semi final and final get enough viewers anyway. I ho0pe they are in for a shock and the nation TURNS OFF for the next two weekends.

I don't care what anyone on here says, I personally am convinced that it was a fix in this sense and it disappoints me, but it is no less than I would expect from Steve and Cheryl. I am just surprised they didn't do it last week, to vindicate Biffa. I suppose money means more to Steve than Cheryl's pride.

Yes, I think that could well have been the case.....it's the same year on year the "crap acts" that really shouldn't have gone through at all, all getting eliminated just in the nick of time! You know, I almost believed that the power of the "protest vote" was gonna win through this year, silly me. Simon was never going to allow Wagner a million pound recording contract, and it's sadly true that all those protest voters were just playing into his hands....or pockets should I say. It's his show, he calls the shots, I don't know why I doubted him for one minute! The success of the RATM campaign last year worked because largely it was beyond his control.

Frankly I don't really care who wins now, just know it's not gonna be Mary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MithMarr wrote: »
    It was fishy concidering that Wagner slipped through easily every week before last night. All week the support for Wagner ramped up several gears and all you saw on Facebook, Twitter DS, Blogs, Newsfeeds, Press stories and word on the street was VOTE WAGNER. So what happened - is indeed very fishy.

If anything fishy did happen, which I doubt, Wagner should not be a special case ahead of all the other acts who have left in unsatisfactory circumstances.

Wagner fans have zero to moan about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We DONT KNOW Wagner got through "EASILY" every week though. Yes Wagner campaigns stepped up but do you not think people voting for the singers also voted more to counter act this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballyclark wrote: »
    If anything fishy did happen, which I doubt, Wagner should not be a special case ahead of all the other acts who have left in unsatisfactory circumstances.

Wagner fans have zero to moan about.

Not moaning, I for one am genuinely baffled, as well as being personally devastated. Aiden was given a raw deal when Steven declared him safe after his song. Katie's million suspicious second chances.. also incredibly unfair. In fact his patent manipulation of the show in the weeks before is actually further proof that Steven Cowell had an agenda. It adds strength to the argument if anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D4nth3m4n wrote: »
    We DONT KNOW Wagner got through "EASILY" every week though. Yes Wagner campaigns stepped up but do you not think people voting for the singers also voted more to counter act this?

Votes always go up in a double elimination. But Wagner fans would have voted *even* more because as soon as he got into the bottom three he was a goner and we all knew that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are able to "create" paid votes en-masse somehow. At the end of the day they can say 'yes, the votes have been added up and Cher was 4th' but how did she get to 4th - was there an influx of votes somehow onto the central logging computer. That we'll never know, and can never know. But we would surmise that Cowell had alot to lose by Wagner going forwards because they couldnt choose to evict him after yesterday...I too cant understand how Wagner wasnt ahead in votes given the huge push he had, and the bookies pointing to a Wagner 'win' all yesterday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol, she was in the bottom two ONCE, she's been going through every week since so I reckon last week was just complacency from Cher fans and we ramped it up this week.

She's had the support all along, people just don't want to believe it.

Also Wagner fans are all talk, no action. I know so many people rooting for Wagner yet did nothing about it to help him win. Like people keep saying about Cher - Facebook friends ect doesn't mean they're getting votes, well same goes to Wagner and these shitty campaigns that didn't work.

Just like Jedward, it was all hype. And now he's gone and won't be missed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    Lol, she was in the bottom two ONCE, she's been going through every week since so I reckon last week was just complacency from Cher fans and we ramped it up this week.

She's had the support all along, people just don't want to believe it.

It's still genuinely hard to believe that she got more votes than Wagner, she isn't really that liked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    They gave her the pimp slot, though, and she would have got a bit of a rebound vote. Regardless, it was probably fairly close in the voting between Cher/1D/Rebecca/Wagner/Mary.

Well we will find out in a couple of weeks when the results are released to the public and something tells me it is going to make very interesting reading!
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lydian wrote: »
    I wonder if they are able to "create" paid votes en-masse somehow. At the end of the day they can say 'yes, the votes have been added up and Cher was 4th' but how did she get to 4th - was there an influx of votes somehow onto the central logging computer. That we'll never know, and can never know. But we would surmise that Cowell had alot to lose by Wagner going forwards because they couldnt choose to evict him after yesterday...I too cant understand how Wagner wasnt ahead in votes given the huge push he had, and the bookies pointing to a Wagner 'win' all yesterday.

I did read somewhere one betting site commented something very strange was happening with Cher's votes from about 7pm last night... a sudden surge. Will try and find it and post up.