Noisettes new single 'That Girl' (EXCELLENT song!!)

McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a392841/noisettes-debut-new-single-that-girl-listen.html

I liked their previous songs, however just took a chance by listening to their new single (in the link). On one listen it's stuck in my head!

Let's hope this gets the exposure it deserves!

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I like it :)
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always gotta love this band! Nice song.
  • TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Amazing! So retro.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a fantastic song, I'm also in love with Winner and I cannot wait for their new record next month.

I hope they can see similar success to that of their first record.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like it as well............
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Really loving it! :) Hopefully it'll add a bit more variety to the top 40
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Very 60's/70's sounding, which is always a brilliant thing. Almost Ronettes style in places, love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Winner but I quite like this too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really loving it! :) Hopefully it'll add a bit more variety to the top 40

:O

Variety? That's too much for the Top 40 to handle surely? ABANDON THREAD.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has nice early '60's feel to it, guitar and drums sound very much like 'that thing you do' from the film of the same name(which was itself a modern attempt at a '60's sound), melody is nice.
  • OtherguyOtherguy Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I thought the whole 60s retro thing had already been done to death. Clearly not. Still, not a bad song if not particularly memorable.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe this song has had no airplay, ive been playing it on youtube for weeks!!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it but I much prefer their other songs like Wild Young Hearts which is just epic.
  • simmersimmer Posts: 952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a good song. I think it's released in a week or two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Like it ^_^ is there a video yet ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simmer wrote: »
    This is a good song. I think it's released in a week or two.

It's released tonight at midnight according to Twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's out right now! :)
  • mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heard it today Radio 2,Dermot O`Leary had them in for a live session. This is a bit too close to a shuffle of Beatles-era sounds.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what happened to Winner?? I thought that was the lead single, I haven't seen or heard That Girl once on radio or music channels but I've seen Winner a couple of times. Have I got my facts wrong or have the label majorly screwed up on this release?

I much prefer That Girl to Winner anyway, love the retro feel. I'll definitely give the new album a spin when it comes out.
  • mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=GlassBalloon;60382673]But what happened to Winner?? I thought that was the lead single, I haven't seen or heard That Girl once on radio or music channels but I've seen Winner a couple of times. Have I got my facts wrong or have the label majorly screwed up on this release?

I much prefer That Girl to Winner anyway, love the retro feel. I'll definitely give the new album a spin when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,every interview they mention `Winner`..I didn`t hear allof the Dermot O`Leary session,but apart from an acoustic `That Girl` I can`t recall it being played or even mentioned. Weird. I think it probably was the lead single to be released during the Olymipcs but some bright spark forgot the Games,and if the UK had won nothing or very little,`Winner` would not have been
    a good title. It would kinda work now,but they`ve released `That Girl`.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    That girls in love with youuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    I love this song and loved their last album, will definately be checking out Contact!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is out now :)
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    I downloaded this on the day it came out. I heard it on late night Radio 2 while the Olympics was on during a show that Zoe Ball was co-hosting. At first I thought they'd dug out an underplayed 60s track but soon recognised Shingai's vocals. Like 'Never Forget You' and 'Wild Young Hearts,' it's a great track for summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is really good! I advise everyone to have a listen. Really great tracks!