Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mystic River - Thought it was quite good, but the ending was a bit naff. Yet again, though, I cannot see myself ever watching it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Shrek ? How ? :confused:

The plot development of the film: Starting off doing something for himself which also benefits someone else as a by-product, then getting redirected to do another job before he can complete it, then getting comandeered to do another by another person, until every job ties up one by one.
  • Options
    dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackassfan wrote: »

Was it really that bad? Was going to give it a viewing at some point, but might leave it now.
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Running Man. 8/10. Arnie at his best!
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just re-watched Paths of Glory. Didn't like the film on my first viewing, and the DVD lay collecting dust for years. Really enjoyed it this time around, horrifying though the subject matter is. Admittedly it is a relatively short film, but it just flew over this time. Will definitely re-watch it again.

I think it just depends on what mood I'm in as to how much I enjoy a film.:confused:
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    So I rented this on cable having read this and there's nowt on telly tonight.

I really wasn't keen on the first one. Lot's on shaky running about in an oil refinery, no plot and a meaningless baddy.

This one. Just about the best film I've seen in years. Much much less running about, far more plot and a proper baddy.

10/10 I'd say.

Plus that opening, with the Enterprise underwater and the volcanic 'stoneage' community. Awesome :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Watched a comedy favourite of mine that's just recently been added to Netflix streaming, "What About Bob?". I love Bill Murray.

Also, watched Elysium at the cinema, loved it. Great sci-fi film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovelace. 4/10.

Mark Kermode's The Real Linda Lovelace is a lot better.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neds. I started watching it, but it quickly became too depressing to carry on.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rampart - 5/10

Harrelson was solid enough. Film was a little disjointed and an abrupt ending with a lot of unanswered and unresolved points.
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) - 7/10
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Thor - 6/10
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Star trek into darkness. Superb film to be honest. First one was good this one better I think
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark was on just after we'd watched Insidious (very good modern horror, there isn't enough of them nowadays)
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    FirstChibi wrote: »
    The plot development of the film: Starting off doing something for himself which also benefits someone else as a by-product, then getting redirected to do another job before he can complete it, then getting comandeered to do another by another person, until every job ties up one by one.
    I thought you were on about the passing resemblance between Shrek and Matt Damon's character in the film :o
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    White House Down - total nonsense, but loved every minute of it - 7/10
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freddy vs Jason - given today's date it had to be done. :D
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    World War Z

Good looking film with a decent enough premise, but tbh it's all kind of been done before and I'm starting to find these zombie movies a little boring now. It's worth seeing once tho

6/10
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    United 93
    6/10
    The depiction of what the passengers went through made for very (intentionally) uncomfortable viewing, especially considering that passengers on another three flights that day experienced the same terror.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Star Trek, into darkness- 9/10.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having abandoned the novel 'The Ruins' by Scott Smith as it was appallingly bad, I gave the film a go.
    It stunk. 1/10 Not advised for anyone.Puerile crap!
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    United 93
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fan . One of de niros best roles IMO . He plays a sociopathic baseball fan. It sort of reminded me in terms of pacing etc, of Cape Fear.
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White House Down.. Bloody awful, cheap looking, crap effects, embarrassing humour, sanitized action for the kiddies, unbelievable President (less plausible than Bill Pulman's ID4 prez), schmaltzy, jingoistic twaddle. Yep. Totally hated it.

Olympus Has Fallen definitely wins the battle of the two White House under attack films of this year. Grab that on dvd / bluray if you haven't already seen it; far, far better.

Rating for WHD - 1/5. A stinker.
This discussion has been closed.