Options

Corrie: Hope Katherine Kelly (Becky) returns for... (Spoilers)

JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
Forum Member
✭✭
Hayley's death. :cry:

This could potentially be one of the saddest soap SLs since Ethel died on EastEnders.

I really think it's going to be absolutely heartbreaking and incredible. Roy/Hayley are an amazing pair, then add in people like Carla, Sylvia and others.

I'm basically crying already!

But I really, really hope Kat Kelly agrees / is asked to come back for her exit. It would really seem wrong and a shame if she didn't.

Comments

• Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky had a great friendship with Roy and Hayley so I hope this happens too...
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    She should as she was close to Roy and Hayley.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just got to happen hasn't it? Soaps aren't great for having people return for such storylines, but maybe they could shock us all and have this happen.

Will miss Hayley :(
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Becky NEVER comes back to the Street.
    I hated her.
    And she's a crap actress as well
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't. Couldn't stand her over the top behaviour and the character was vile (despite being treated like a saint when she left).
  • Options
    ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree James!

It's good to know that Carla will be involved in the beginning because Carla and Hayley have a wonderful friendship that's brilliant to watch. It's also very fitting to bring Fiz & Tyrone into the story to support Roy & Hayley like they have supported them in the past, and I think Sylvia will be the one who will stay strong for Roy's sake. I imagine that their scenes together will be very moving. I am dreading it in a way but you just know that while it will be a very sad story, there will be some beautiful scenes and excellent performances. It would be brilliant if Becky could return, if only for one episode. She really loved Roy & Hayley and she was like a daughter to them.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't even know if Hayley dies yet:confused:
  • Options
    ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't even know if Hayley dies yet:confused:
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I'm glad they are raising awareness for that particular type of cancer, but it really is going to be close to the bone for a lot of people out there, especially at that time of year.
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    No No No!
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No No No!

If Becky needs to come back she seriously needs to receive charges for robbing Dev's shop during the tram crash, smashing up the Barlow's living room and using Steve's credit card details illegally. Amongst other things as well. Corrie haven't given out a good message letting Becky off with her sins.

The reason she shouldn't come back is she will just ham up the scenes. I think actors like David Neilson and Julie Hesmondhalgh and Stephanie Cole will do well without Becky's overacting.
  • Options
    cragsbycragsby Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated her.

Katherine Kelly is a fine actress fellow Wirralian :o
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't. Couldn't stand her over the top behaviour and the character was vile (despite being treated like a saint when she left).

Totally agree, couldn't stand the mare and so glad she left.
    She overacted almost every scene she was in :mad:

I used to like Hayley but I've found I've got bored with her and she seems to be bored with the character herself :o

As for that wig :eek::D
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cragsby wrote: »

I disagree with every fibre of my being ! :D
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Becky needs to come back she seriously needs to receive charges for robbing Dev's shop during the tram crash, smashing up the Barlow's living room and using Steve's credit card details illegally. Amongst other things as well. Corrie haven't given out a good message letting Becky off with her sins.

The reason she shouldn't come back is she will just ham up the scenes. I think actors like David Neilson and Julie Hesmondhalgh and Stephanie Cole will do well without Becky's overacting.

I think Becky will get a mention but I can't see them bringing her back for this storyline. Whenever Betty died there was only a mention of some friends who had long left the street
    Bet Lynch for one. I too think the three main characters will handle the situation sensitively and emotionally.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure she should return specifically for the death and immediate aftermath, but if she ever came back for a stint I think she should visit the grave.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cragsby wrote: »

I second that:) She is RADA trained and has done a lot. IMO it is not her fault if she is given a lousy script at times.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not. While it's the writers' fault rather than the actress', she had the most repetitive and predictable storylines Corrie has ever had. Even worse than tracy's.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    I second that:) She is RADA trained and has done a lot. IMO it is not her fault if she is given a lousy script at times.

She's hammier than a deli counter
  • Options
    Lil-MedonsterLil-Medonster Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    julie2009 wrote: »
    I think Becky will get a mention but I can't see them bringing her back for this storyline. Whenever Betty died there was only a mention of some friends who had long left the street
    Bet Lynch for one. I too think the three main characters will handle the situation sensitively and emotionally.

You say that but they had LONG left the street, Becky only left a year ago, besides it's the perfect time for her to comeback, her best friends dying and her sisters pregnant and near due date?

There is plenty of scope for her to come back, fresh wounds with steve and tracy, finding out how she has been since she left, helping Kylie and finding out the truth and becoming involved in that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she just doesn't want to come back. While she's really not my cup of tea acting wise (RADA trained or not), she's got loads of work lined up and done stage work since leaving. It takes a lot of guts to leave a cushy number like a soap.
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be good if she went to the funeral. And slapped Tracy while she was there :o
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I do as well actually.

I really liked Becky's friendship with Roy and Hayley and it would be right to see her for the end of this storyline.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated her.

She's a fantastic actress. She was in Mr Selfridge and was almost unrecognisable. She played the part really well. She was one of my favourites on Corrie. I hope she returns.