Things that your friends do that make you mad?!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mine has no landline, just a mobile each for herself and her bf and neither ever have much credit available so I get texts asking me to "CALL ME ASAP!".....alot, really does my head in!:mad:

If I want to ask my friend something I call her and pay for the call...she gets me to ring her when she has a quandary and I pay for that too....sometimes!

Lately, I have been sending back texts saying I have no money either to ring back and that my landline is broken (t'is not but unplugged!)

She's a great person with a heart of gold but the phone thing really riles me!

What really gets you about your friend?

Comments

• Vanilla_SliceVanilla_Slice Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    His name is Brian. He's a tightwad.
  • AdamBlackpoolAdamBlackpool Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine has no landline, just a mobile each for herself and her bf and neither ever have much credit available so I get texts asking me to "CALL ME ASAP!".....alot, really does my head in!:mad:

If I want to ask my friend something I call her and pay for the call...she gets me to ring her when she has a quandary and I pay for that too....sometimes!

Lately, I have been sending back texts saying I have no money either to ring back and that my landline is broken (t'is not but unplugged!)

Same thing, except add on the fact that whenever I call (or sometimes make a call for him so he can speak to someone re: work) he passes the phone to each and every person in the household, including his four-year-old daughter who, until now, could only make faint gurgling noises. No amount of 'this is costing me money' stopped him.

Also, he talks over me all the time on the phone, meaning if I have called him for a genuine reason, I never have the opportunity to give him the information/ask him a question.

I stick to email with him now, even if it does take him a week to reply. I also refuse to top-up my phone as within a couple of calls, the credit will have disappeared.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pour mercury into my tea when im not looking.
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
  • Mrs DoodlesMrs Doodles Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would annoy the hell out of me have you spoken to her about it? :confused:

What i hate it is when you text someone and they dont reply for weeks and then say sorry i didnt answer earlier but ive been busy how long does it take to send a text???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't answer my texts until hours later or when I confront them about not answering texts, they they claim they never received my text or they say they did text back when I know they didn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing, except add on the fact that whenever I call (or sometimes make a call for him so he can speak to someone re: work) he passes the phone to each and every person in the household, including his four-year-old daughter who, until now, could only make faint gurgling noises. No amount of 'this is costing me money' stopped him.

Also, he talks over me all the time on the phone, meaning if I have called him for a genuine reason, I never have the opportunity to give him the information/ask him a question.

I stick to email with him now, even if it does take him a week to reply. I also refuse to top-up my phone as within a couple of calls, the credit will have disappeared.

Bloody annoying isn't it?!:D
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too sober.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have spoken to her about it and she says sorry, then comes to mine and asks can she ring her Mum/Sis/Dad/Friend/Cousin from my landline as she has no credit or not enough battery!!!

Feel like banging my head against a brick wall!:mad:
  • BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would annoy the hell out of me have you spoken to her about it? :confused:

What i hate it is when you text someone and they dont reply for weeks and then say sorry i didnt answer earlier but ive been busy how long does it take to send a text???

They might just mean that they were busy and so you/your text went out of their heads, not that they actually didn't have a spare minute during those weeks ;):) .

Also, sometimes I am busy and don't see/check my 'phone and by the time I do see that I have a missed text message I know that the sender will have gone to bed, so there's not much point in replying until the next day (if I remember as by then I will be busy myself again) - and so it goes on :D .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bigfeet wrote: »
    They might just mean that they were busy and so you/your text went out of their heads, not that they actually didn't have a spare minute during those weeks ;):) .

Also, sometimes I am busy and don't see/check my 'phone and by the time I do see that I have a missed text message I know that the sender will have gone to bed, so there's not much point in replying until the next day (if I remember as by then I will be busy myself again) - and so it goes on :D .

Excuses excuses no one is that busy that they cant spare afew mins to answer a txt during the day.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ****ing hate texting, espescially if its a pointless text. Thats why I rarely reply to texts :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have spoken to her about it and she says sorry, then comes to mine and asks can she ring her Mum/Sis/Dad/Friend/Cousin from my landline as she has no credit or not enough battery!!!

Why do you let her do it? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    I ****ing hate texting, espescially if its a pointless text. Thats why I rarely reply to texts :D

What do you call a pointless text? :confused:
  • Sock CookerSock Cooker Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    We have friends who turn up about 9 - 9:30pm (knowing our kids are in bed by 9) with their 2 yr old who is tired and kicking off :mad:

Nothing major i know, but it really does my head in just as me and the missus are about to settle down for some quiet time.
  • BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excuses excuses no one is that busy that they cant spare afew mins to answer a txt during the day.

That's what I'm saying - it's not necessarily that people don't have a spare minute, it's often more about remembering/finding the right time ;):) .
  • charlotte166684charlotte166684 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a love/hate relationship with my best friend.

Her (putting on Dior lipgloss, me putting on Carmex)"Ha, omg look at you with your shit lipbalm and here's me with Dior, who's ever heard of Carmex anyway?!"
    (When she comes from a bulletproof-vest-on-arrival council estate and I come from a 5 bed detached in a good area, and only have Carmex because I'm sick of my mum buying me designer lipglosses because I think they're tacky)

*God, I sound about 14 years old!:o*

After a night out, to our mutual friends; "..and these guys wern't even interested in her but she went and danced with them until they acknowledged her and took pity and danced with her.." When I fully remember I was just dancing with a normal guy who looked interested!

Me "...gran's had chemo..."
    Her"..Chemo? why?"
    Me"Coz she's got cancer?"
    Her"oh yeah, I forgot about that...which pub shall we go to?"

I know she sounds terrible, but she's ok most of the time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have friends who turn up about 9 - 9:30pm (knowing our kids are in bed by 9) with their 2 yr old who is tired and kicking off :mad:

Nothing major i know, but it really does my head in just as me and the missus are about to settle down for some quiet time.

Love your name :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would pee me off big time!

I only like visitors who call ahead in advance to ask if they can visit!! I never impose myself without prior invitation...so presumptious!
  • Sock CookerSock Cooker Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Love your name :D

That would pee me off big time!

I only like visitors who call ahead in advance to ask if they can visit!! I never impose myself without prior invitation...so presumptious!

Sometimes i'm a bit off with them, i don't mean to be but when i hear them come in at that time of night i think to myself 'f*cking great'. Then they'll stay an hour whilst their child kicks off and they do nothing about it.

It doesn't bother me any other time of the day but they know after 9 is our time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a love/hate relationship with my best friend.

I know she sounds terrible, but she's ok most of the time!

Me too!! There's one thing my friend did that I will never forgive her for, but I act like I've forgotten about it but I haven't, it still gets me.

We were walking together down the street and this woman goes "OMG! You two look like twins!" and my friend gets all defensive and says "No we don't! I look NOTHING like her!"

The way she said it implied that she thought she was somehow much more better looking than me and that she was insulted that this lady thought we looked alike and that really pissed me off. I personally do think we look alike were the same height, around the same weight and same hair and eye color. My Mother even told me she thought we looked alike.
  • charlotte166684charlotte166684 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way! Is that you Sammy?!

We get accused of being sisters all the time too, and I'm never thrilled at how quickly she denies it as if its a horrendous prospect!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The friends not replying to text messages DOES my head in ,esp if i've asked a question ie ' do you want to go to town etc' its like its ok if dont want to go id still like a reply!

A recent one that really annoyed someone who hasnt spoken to me since september for a unknown reason ( well i kind of know and it her problem not anything i did ... ) text me asking to borrow shoes to go to an event i wasnt invited too , this was the first contact shed had with me for months! no you cant borrow my shoes! :rolleyes:

Or friends who think because there friend they can be offfensive to you because there your 'mate' and there only being honest ,no your not your being a bitch!:(

Grr friends who needs them ( well i do..) :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my best friends never has his mobile on. If he wants you to et in contact with him somehow, you have to email him :confused:

It's impossible to get hold of him when either I or he is out and about, like when we're meeting to go somewhere or something like that.

One of my other best friends likes to walk into other people's shoulders :rolleyes: Completely random thing to do, but he does it occasionally when he wants our attention.
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friends keep having sex with each other, and that really annoys the heck out of me, because I end up being the mediator. I'm not a go-between. I pick sides, and then people get all pissy.

If someone texts me, I text them back. Here everyone on the network gets free unlimited to each other, so a call me ASAP text would get a why? text message back.