Would anyone else like to see the UK have the USA Format?

13»

Comments

• DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I think if the current show was axed, it would be a good idea to rest it for a couple of years then for Channel 4 to bring it back with the US format. One of the twists this season that I liked was the MVP twist, which has the advantage of bringing in some extra revenue in phone votes, giving the audience a sense of having some level of control, and mixing it up a bit.

So the British version, which we'll call Big Brother Reloaded, would have a permanent MVP player, but they should modify it so that the same person can't be the next MVP like they already do with HOH.

Another thing they might want to change, is to have a live final with four people rather than the usual two they do in BBUS, with various runner up prizes of £25k, £50k, £100k and with the winner getting £1m. Imagine thre cut throat gameplay a £1m first prize would get. They could also have the public voting as a jury member which Ithink they did a couple of seasons ago, which would generate more revenue.

That sounds brilliant :) I agree with everything you said and i forgot all about the MVP and how it could actually be a permanent thing to keep so the UK do have some say in the game.

Also i agree about having the public as a Jury member it gets the money in for the production and the public cant complain.

The UK in my eyes is missing out on a BBUSA type format show and if Endemol just even tested it for one series i would be happy just see how things go.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The public on the jury might annoy me, for example in S11 had the F2 been Kevin vs Jordan and it all came down to Chima/Public vote Jordan would possibly have won when she really wouldn't have deserved to.

But I like the idea of a permanent MVP because that would keep public attention.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you need a million prize and it wouldn't happen anyway. The US has far richer channels and they can afford ridiculous prize money, though sometimes at the expense of investing in a show which is just silly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Noooo way. I like BBUK and BBAU so much better than BBUS. I don't think the HM's should be able to discuss nominations and the public should vote the nominated HM's out. That is the only way to get discussions in the house that don't revolve around noms, noms, noms which gets old.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, BBUK should just adopt the US format, I think it'd be much better. They could still have live crowds during evictions though.

Makosi, Rex, Dexter, Aaron, Marcus, Siavash, Victor etc should all come back and be 'guinea pigs' for the first season of it.
  • computersaysnocomputersaysno Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    If Ben Frow had any, he would do this. This past season has shown how recyclable the format has become after 13 years. Reinventing the format maintaining audience participation, albeit minimal, would do wonders for a worn out show.