Does anyone else think that Osgoode actually isn't dead

2»

Comments

• scottishjamesscottishjames Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Nothing rules out that the Osgood who was in the break-out scene was the Zygon copycat, and as said she was 'more useful... alive than dead' allows via means of a teleporter a future sidekick for Michelle Gomez, and simultaneous true Osgood becoming a companion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except if she was a Zygon Her glasses wouldn't have been real... "If I'm a Zygon that means my clothes are Zygon... What happens if I lose a shoe?"
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that having a character created as a fan-cypher for an anniversary episode as the companion would be an absolutely terrible move. Far too self-referential.

All characters aren't created equally. They are there to get a particular reaction from the audience and Moffat seems to have successfully gotten the reaction he wants with this one. Its true that he tends to have a predilection for bringing characters back but I think in this instance that won't be the case. I certainly hope so.
  • Bob_1971Bob_1971 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    AllKath wrote: »
    However I am also aware of these facts too.
    Moffatt lies.
    Moffat adds things into episodes to deliberatley mis-direct the audience and most are dropped without trace.
    He adds things that are not relevant for many episodes – even series to come.

And... the fans have a habit of overestimating what Moffatt is capable of, and over analysing every minute detail.

After pages and pages of in depth analysis on this forum, I'm still waiting for the big reveal of Amy Pond's house being a Tardis because of the chimney pot's shape... ;)
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerraCanis wrote: »
    ... which is exactly what raises my hackles whenever anyone comes out with stuff like "there are no rules in fantasy" "there's no reason it can't happen" or "this is science fiction so anything can happen". Bringing people back from the dead at the drop of a hat kills drama.

And Moffat ackowledged this earlier this year when he said they wanted to reintroduce consequences and have people they killed stay dead.

Osgoode's death served to show what a bunny boiler the Mistress was. Whilst the Master/Mistress will obviously return at some point, Osgoode won't be.

Nether will this version of the tin dog. He's had his day.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    Nether will this version of the tin dog. He's had his day.

Of course there is still the first version of K9 who left with Leela when she chose to stay on Gallifrey and the version of K9 who left with Romana.

I believe Big Finish killed off one of them in the Gallifrey series but, whether you use Big Finish or TV continuity there is still at least one K9 on Gallifrey currently :D
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Of course there is still the first version of K9 who left with Leela when she chose to stay on Gallifrey and the version of K9 who left with Romana.

I believe Big Finish killed off one of them in the Gallifrey series but, whether you use Big Finish or TV continuity there is still at least one K9 on Gallifrey currently :D

Yeah, it was just Danny I was referring to :D