Options

Wayne you vile man

Comments

• Options
    DippydollyDippydolly Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Jordan didn't join in on the bitching. Yes Wayne is vile and shame on you for condoning childish, belittling, alienating behaviour.

I did actually like Jordan. Maybe he didn't join in so much because he could see it was all a bit one sided.

I am no Martin fan, but even i could see how they were noticably excluding him.
  • Options
    DippydollyDippydolly Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Agreed lulu. I thought the over dramatic hyperbole had peaked last year but its outdone itself this year despite it being quite a tame and uneventful series.
    It does seem anyone not worshipping at the altar of St Martin is fair game for abuse - campmate or forum member.

I have never joined in with the 'St Martin' threads, i don't think he is, i think he could well have been annoying at times in there, as could they all, however, i could obviously see how they have excluded him at times and last night, while they were doing their show and the celebration after, the exclusion was very obvious.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this is such a pleasant thing to say and not in the least 'vile'. :confused: You do know he can't actually help how he looks (not that I think he is particularly ugly either).

I normally enjoy DS as an accompany to reality shows but this time round it has been a little too much for me. The sainthood of Martin (by people, who ironically, don't really mind being particularly horrible about other camp mates) the condemnation of Scarlett for something that is largely outwith her control and the general nastiness shown towards most of the campmates. Reading back the thread there does seem to a quite a bit of 'pack mentality' going on here too.

In general, they were all a pretty decent bunch of campmates who got on well with each other, but none of them were perfect, they all have the same defects of character the rest of us have - it is what makes us human. (Please don't say that you would never behave towards someone they way they behaved towards Martin, if you have been even slightly unpleasant about, Adam, Joel, Scarlett etc).
    Absolutely spot on. I've been around DS for far too many years and I swear it gets more ridiculous every year with the virtual canonisation of the chosen one and the abuse aimed at anyone daring not to agree with the official forum opinion
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Agreed lulu. I thought the over dramatic hyperbole had peaked last year but its outdone itself this year despite it being quite a tame and uneventful series.
    It does seem anyone not worshipping at the altar of St Martin is fair game for abuse - campmate or forum member.

It's all shades of sad, isn't it?

I liked Wayne, he made me laugh a lot and was a great campmate. Well done him on coming 5th.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Well done Wayne

for a man who was as dull as ditchwater, sounded as thick as a brick, up Larry's arse, a bit of a wimp and as bitchy as a teenage girl on her monthlies

comming fifth was a bloody miracle
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of ppl will relate to this, with experience of school bullies and work place cliques

It also validates what Carol Vorderman said (before being hastily shut down) on the Xtra Show that Martin was bullied from time to time in that camp, and a lot more than what was shown on tv in her opinion.

Wayne came across as a total wuss and a follower. For some reason Joel, Adam and Wayne saw Larry as their gang leader and someone to hero worship, when really he was just a miserable old bully . I wasn't a huge fan of Martin but was glad Larry was out before him. It was a delight to see their gobsmacked faces if nothing else.
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    Let's face it ... he's fecking plug ugly as well!

I thought last night that he looks a little bit like a young Geoffrey from Rainbow. Remember him?

Geoffrey only had one face though;-)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was about him smoking, I bet Rooney taught him that vile habit :p
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you never written a derogatory comment about a celeb on here in this room or any other? If you can hand on heart say no, I will applaud you.

I'm pretty sure I haven't called anyone vile, ugly or any other unnecessary derogatory description. I may have said I don't like someone and given my reasons but would never resort to name calling of someone whose only 'crime' is to annoy me on a reality tv show. In fact, the opposite is usually true - I usually find myself defending someone I wouldn't normally due to the level of animosity levelled at them from posters.

I realise this probably doesn't make me the most dynamic of posters but I can live with that :D
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    1fab wrote: »
    Wayne never appeared to be that great from the beginning, so I'm not at all surprised at what a nonentity he's turned out to be.
    Was he even a good footballer? My OH says he was a bit crap - but I wouldn't know as I watch Rugby League - a game for real men.
  • Options
    SweetiecatSweetiecat Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call him vile but I do think he was one who followed the crowd as it were.
    He wasn't one to stick his neck out and go against the grain so I think he said what he thought the others ( Larry mostly) wanted to hear to stick with the 'in' crowd.

I do think he is deluded if he seriously believes that none of them were 'playing up to thee cameras'. I think they all were to a greater or lesser degree.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its OK for them to bitch about Martin but Martin can't say anything about Larry. No we don't need our heads testing for voting for a decent man...true colours and so much for Adam...two faced

I totally changed my opinion of him when I heard that. They didn't even have the guts to say what they were talking about when they were asked. Yes, Martin does seem a bit loud, but he comes across as really okay though.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Wayne was ok at first but he's shown himself to be a sheep who thought Larry could do no wrong. No mention of how Martin offered some of his treat to him and Adam, just continued bitching behind his back. What a wimpy wet lettuce of a man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just rewatched last night's ep and Wayne was bloody hilarious on it. :D Between the DD challenge with Joel and his drunken conversation with Adam about the irony of Martin criticising 'nameless others' for camera-grabbing, he remained absolutely true to himself, said nothing about Martin that's wasn't true and there was nothing remotely sheepish about him all through the series. Top campmate imo.

Martin supporters need to accept the fact that Wayne found Martin irritating all on his own, nothing whatsoever to do with Larry.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just rewatched last night's ep and Wayne was bloody hilarious on it. :D Between the DD challenge with Joel and his drunken conversation with Adam about the irony of Martin criticising 'nameless others' for camera-grabbing, he remained absolutely true to himself, said nothing about Martin that's wasn't true and there was nothing remotely sheepish about him all through the series. Top campmate imo.

Martin supporters need to accept the fact that Wayne found Martin irritating all on his own, nothing whatsoever to do with Larry.
    Maybe it hit home with Wayne who was the best daddy in the world , or so Larry thought but as an oversight forgot to tell his ten year old son that he was going into the jungle on his birthday, so Martin was right about what he said about them playing for the camera.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So its OK for them to bitch about Martin but Martin can't say anything about Larry. No we don't need our heads testing for voting for a decent man...true colours and so much for Adam...two faced

I agree. Just been watching Adam moaning on catch-up. He's done loads of trials, Martin hasn't done many, neither has Wayne. He's too intelligent for them that's what it's all about.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Speaking the truth doesn't make anyone "vile". If we'd seen either of them saying it to his face, without question they would have been labelled bullies, just as everyone else has. An incorrect extreme judgement to defend mostly the indefensible. Martin has a mouth and a brain and is perfectly able to speak for himself if it suits Martin.

We've seen two people tell him what they thought of his behaviour and attitude when it was sorely needed. Larry went OTT because he didn't stop Martin getting to him. He then let himself down by stooping to using Martin's insecure snobbery and arrogance by saying he was a lower middle class snob. It was a long time ago but he can't have forgotten where he once was financially and career wise. It was an unpleasant unnecessary remark.

And all poor Martin does is claim to like everyone :cry: Does he rollocks, it's his deliberate poor victim me attention seeking agenda.
    He didn't single out Larry, he was bitching after Wayne mentioned being in there after Carol, Larry and Danny. He of course didn't he have the guts to name who he was talking about and I can only assume he meant those three. He was making personal accusations publicly when they weren't there to defend themselves and with people who genuinely liked them.
    Without doubt, to spoil the good atmosphere and grab attention with his negativity and nastiness. I'm glad they had the sense not to allow him the airtime of kicking off another argument. He was projecting his own behaviour just to bitch about people he claims to like.

How can anyone ever believe a word he says or trust him. He carried on with more personal accusations about Larry when he wasn't there to defend himself in his interview. I suppose as usual he had to take not winning out on someone.
    Martin needed to seek out and play up to the cameras most followed by Scarlett. They've both been allowed to waste far too much airtime.
    Butterface wrote: »
    It also validates what Carol Vorderman said (before being hastily shut down) on the Xtra Show that Martin was bullied from time to time in that camp, and a lot more than what was shown on tv in her opinion.

Wayne came across as a total wuss and a follower. For some reason Joel, Adam and Wayne saw Larry as their gang leader and someone to hero worship, when really he was just a miserable old bully . I wasn't a huge fan of Martin but was glad Larry was out before him. It was a delight to see their gobsmacked faces if nothing else.

Carol did not say that nor was she hastily shut down. Dear me, what next! Larry wasn't a miserable old bully either FGS.
    She said she'd chosen Martin to partner her in case he was left until last because there was a bit of picking on him going on. That was it.
    She said Martin and Larry rubbed each other up the wrong way from the start, it was quite strong at times and there was stuff we didn't see of that. They would get on better in a different environment but they'd never be best buddies.

She didn't infer that it was one sided or that Larry was bullying Martin, they rubbed each other up the wrong way.
    Not something Martin would ever admit to if he can possibly avoid it and get away with blaming Larry instead, his self serving saints halo might drop down and choke him:D
    If anyone talks abut Martin behind his back, they're wrong and two faced. If they ever say anything to his face, somehow they're bullying him. Quite extraordinary unnecessary over protection of a middle aged man.

Perhaps it would have been better if they'd erected a shrine to Martins poor wee martyred soul from the start. Stuck him on it for the duration and they'd all been made to worship at it daily.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    calamity wrote: »
    Maybe it hit home with Wayne who was the best daddy in the world , or so Larry thought but as an oversight forgot to tell his ten year old son that he was going into the jungle on his birthday, so Martin was right about what he said about them playing for the camera.

I'm not understanding your logic or your point, calamity.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, anne_666, you condone bullying, do you? Or you think some people somehow deserve it?

Because, like it or not, everyone else can see it quite clearly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, anne_666, you condone bullying, do you? Or you think some people somehow deserve it?

Everyone else? :o Really? :D

In my world I believe things when I see them or have incontrovertible proof.

I'm far more interested in why a Martin admirer also needs to stoop to making a nasty false personal accusation against anyone.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Bullying pfft. Martin knew he wound people up and just ramped it up even more. He knew exactly what he was doing from the moment he tried to make Danny look bad and tried to get everyone to agree with him...put your hands up.^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member

Erm, everyone else? :D

I, for one, agree wholeheartedly with Anne's perspective on Martin. As for condoning bullying, seriously, give it a rest. Martin's exit interview where he still clearly thought Larry's antagonism towards him was because he saw him as a threat :D tells us solidly where the real delusion lies.

The only thing you're 'clarifying' is that his supporters support his delusions.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

I, for one, agree wholeheartedly with Anne's perspective on Martin. As for condoning bullying, seriously, give it a rest. Martin's exit interview where he still clearly thought Larry's antagonism towards him was because he saw him as a threat :D tells us solidly where the real delusion lies.

The only thing you're 'clarifying' is that his supporters support his delusions.

Im sure some posters on here come as part of a double act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Bullying pfft. Martin knew he wound people up and just ramped it up even more. He knew exactly what he was doing from the moment he tried to make Danny look bad and tried to get everyone to agree with him...put your hands up.^_^

That was one of his better arrogance cringe fests.
    Remember him martyring himself to the water cause, staying up all night seeing to their water needs. He probably failed to make many of them feel guilty and got on their collective wick that little bit more.
    Carol seemed to think the credit was all hers for that. She wasn't there when Danny did what was absolutely needed and ripped his arrogant lazy arse a new one. :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree as well. I think Larry let himself down at times by letting his frustration at Martin get the better of him but living with someone like Martin would try the patience of a saint.