Options

Presenters that you dislike and would put you off watching

yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On Boxing day BBC 2 are showing a programme 'The entire Universe' and it sounds quite good except it includes Brian Cox, a presenter I can't stand, so I wont be watching. Are there other presenters whose presentation style you dislike so much that despite liking the sound of a programme you would not watch?

Comments

• Options
    Aetius_MaralasAetius_Maralas Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piers Morgan.

I would rather clean out the basement - and deal with its spider issue, that watch anything with him.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip Schofield.

Whilst not a presenter, anything with Simon Cowell in it.
  • Options
    rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta be Naga Munchetty!
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eamon Holmes and Kay Burley, as you can guess don't watch Sky News much.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    rob_knight wrote: »
    Gotta be Naga Munchetty!

Completely agree absolute the worst news presenter, just interested in promoting herself. Was amazed when I have criticised her in the past the number of people on these forums who leap to defend her.
  • Options
    onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    Gavin Esler always comes across as snide and supercilious.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Completely agree absolute the worst news presenter, just interested in promoting herself. Was amazed when I have criticised her in the past the number of people on these forums who leap to defend her.

Don't worry she's leaving Breakfast soon and going to the obscurity of Newsnight.I could never understand her bizarre obsession with the weather and why she thought we might be interested in her opinions of the news.
  • Options
    MidsblueMidsblue Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Kirsty Gallagher on Sky Sports News. Can never concentrate on the news when she's on
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Eamon Holmes and Kay Burley, as you can guess don't watch Sky News much.

That's obvious. Holmes left months ago.
  • Options
    Andy_MarloweAndy_Marlowe Posts: 3,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phillip Schofield and Jo Brand
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phillip Schofield and Jo Brand

Jo Brand "I hate men, I eat cake", that's her entire act.
    But the BBC love her for some bizzare reason.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tess Daly who is as wooden as they come and is just a stock pretty face. Claudia and Zoe wipe the floor with her on Strictly.
  • Options
    SjsyeySjsyey Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Reeta Chakrabarti- she presents every single item of news from terrorist attacks to feelgood and finally pieces in exactly the same tone of voice.
  • Options
    David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
    rob_knight wrote: »
    Gotta be Naga Munchetty!

You can watch Breakfast in the New Year but not Newsnight, I believe she is doing a swap for a year.
  • Options
    David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
    onecitizen wrote: »
    Gavin Esler always comes across as snide and supercilious.

No! He's one of my three favourite presenters on the news channel. Clive Myrie, Martine Croxall are the others.
  • Options
    tivtiv Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Baker
    Dan Snow
  • Options
    James_LavertyJames_Laverty Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Find Claudia Winkelman very annoy but doesn't put me off watching Strictly. She put me off watching over things though (Film Programme etc)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No! He's one of my three favourite presenters on the news channel. Clive Myrie, Martine Croxall are the others.

I really cannot stand Esler. The word smug could have been invented just for him. I do like Clive Myrie though.
  • Options
    tivtiv Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garry Lineker
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only people who would make me avoid a programme even if I liked the subject are Jo Brand, Stephen Fry, Piers Morgan, Claire Balding, Brian Cox and Lucy Worsely. (With the latter two, it's not so much their personalities, I just can't stand the way they speak.) I used to dislike Davina McCall with a passion in her Big Brother days, but I've mellowed over the last few years. I don't mind her so much now she no longer tries to pretend she's still hip and down wiv da kidz.
  • Options
    RickLopezRickLopez Posts: 14,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip Schofield and Jeremy Clarkson
  • Options
    rmc57rmc57 Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fearne Cotton
    Claudia Winkelman
    Zoe Ball
    Davina McCall

Any other presenters who believe that falseness and shallowness is the way to present.
    Whenever I see the first two all, I can sense is ruthless ambition. The other two are just superficial.

They're just doing their jobs - but do they have to do them that way?
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Carol Klein - she might be an expert gardening presenter but her terrible patronizing voice is terrible.
  • Options
    DazzaSDazzaS Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Keith Lemon- I do not under stand why people like him, Schofield, Piers Morgan, Davina Mccall, I am sure there are more
  • Options
    andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin esler and Naga munchetty, if there is a hell then they present the news. Jo brand and Miranda Hart also would be their comedy equivalents along with Michael mcintyre