Presenters that you dislike and would put you off watching

Comments

• niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DazzaS wrote: »
    Keith Lemon- I do not under stand why people like him, Schofield, Piers Morgan, Davina Mccall, I am sure there are more

Another vote for Keith Lemon.
  • BillKayBillKay Posts: 6,215
    Forum Member
    Joe Pasquale, another one that should be confined to children's TV. Just noticed he's on Pointless tonight, oh well hope he gets knocked out first.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few for this thread

Phillip Schofield
    Jeremy Clarkson
    Rylan (channel 5 geezer with the shiny teeth)
    Ant & Dec
    Simon Cowell
    Len Goodman
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim Davidson.
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnbee wrote: »
    Don't know about 'would' put me off watching. Dimbleby does stop me watching. Bring back Robin Day or another with sense and humour.

To be fair, Robin will be well over 100 now. With very little left of him. :D
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Don't worry she's leaving Breakfast soon and going to the obscurity of Newsnight.I could never understand her bizarre obsession with the weather and why she thought we might be interested in her opinions of the news.

I don't mind Naga at all but!.... how do you know she is moving onto Newsnight can I ask?...
    silversox wrote: »
    Carol Klein - she might be an expert gardening presenter but her terrible patronizing voice is terrible.

I thought it was only me!... I always turn off if I see she is on a gardening prog,

Phillip Schofield. I wanted to watch that Prince Philip programme, but just couldn't.
    Ditto Holly Willoughby.
    Anything that has Joe Swash in it.

We think alike Jimmy.... Pip, is way at the top of my 'don't watch' list... thinking about it I don't watch any Holly Willoughby progs either...
    And as for Joe Swash i just think he needs to go to a voice trainer or some such, his voice is diabolical....

So after going through everyone elses list It looks like a lot of us are in agreement!....

I NEVER watch anything with these people presenting....
    Philip Schofield
    Holly W
    Carol whoever she is!....

Another name it looks like I am on my own with, and I love the programme!.... Catchphrase.... is Stephen Mulhern but I just cant watch it......
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    I don't mind Naga at all but!.... how do you know she is moving onto Newsnight can I ask?...

I thought it was only me!... I always turn off if I see she is on a gardening prog,

We think alike Jimmy.... Pip, is way at the top of my 'don't watch' list... thinking about it I don't watch any Holly Willoughby progs either...
    And as for Joe Swash i just think he needs to go to a voice trainer or some such, his voice is diabolical....

So after going through everyone elses list It looks like a lot of us are in agreement!....

I NEVER watch anything with these people presenting....
    Philip Schofield
    Holly W
    Carol whoever she is!....

Another name it looks like I am on my own with, and I love the programme!.... Catchphrase.... is Stephen Mulhern but I just cant watch it......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4003922/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Newsnight-s-new-business-editor-raise-Strictly-star-Naga-Munchetty-leave-Breakfast-sofa-act-maternity-cover.html
  • onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    I watched Newsnight for the first time in a while with James O'Brien. He was poor, he really didn't have the intellectual capacity to carry a serious interview. It reflects badly on the person at the BBC who gave him the job in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    I watched Newsnight for the first time in a while with James O'Brien. He was poor, he really didn't have the intellectual capacity to carry a serious interview. It reflects badly on the person at the BBC who gave him the job in the first place.

He does a phone-in on LBC Radio in London in which he spends most of the time talking about himself,also very patronising to callers.
  • SmufterSmufter Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Cox
    Patrick Kielty....why do I hate him so much. It's unnatural :(:(
    Noel Edmonds poison dwarf
    Dale Winton.
    Not too keen on Caroline Quentin either
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piers Morgan, just hateful.
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I have a few for this thread

Phillip Schofield
    Jeremy Clarkson
    Rylan (channel 5 geezer with the shiny teeth)
    Ant & Dec
    Simon Cowell
    Len Goodman

Perfect - my dislikes too!
  • ytsejamytsejam Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    He does a phone-in on LBC Radio in London in which he spends most of the time talking about himself,also very patronising to callers.

He's an utter self obsessed, ignorant, w***** i.m.o.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand Paddy McGuinness.

I also disliked Kate Thornton, but not sure she is still around presenting wise.
  • Sigel48Sigel48 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    If Naga goes to Newsnight can she take Dan Walker with her. He is such a light weight and interrupts every other presenter who comes onto the sofa.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg Wallace immediately springs to mind.....
  • BillKayBillKay Posts: 6,215
    Forum Member
    Sigel48 wrote: »
    If Naga goes to Newsnight can she take Dan Walker with her. He is such a light weight and interrupts every other presenter who comes onto the sofa.

NO, if he has to be on our screens confine him to sport only and keep him away from the serious grown up stuff.
  • mbessexmbessex Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Breakfast is predominately the home of talent less smug presenters

Dan Walker - smug creationist who is allowed to excuse himself from stories about pre-historic days and not work Sundays because of his beliefs - An utter t*&t

Steph McGoven - Condescending, poor language ability, common with no class - spent the first few years on BBC Breakfast in desperate need of a make over - She looked like a bad drag queen.

James Corden - We've lost so many good people this year but not him the cruellest joke
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evan Davies and his voice over on Dragons Den!

Entrepreneur : "Here is my gadget and I'm looking for £50,000 investment"

Evan : "Entrepreneur hopes that his gadget will secure £50,000 investment from the dragons"

etc

>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mbessex wrote: »

Dan Walker - smug creationist who is allowed to excuse himself from stories about pre-historic days and not work Sundays because of his beliefs - An utter t*&t

Steph McGoven - Condescending, poor language ability, common with no class - spent the first few years on BBC Breakfast in desperate need of a make over - She looked like a bad drag queen.

James Corden - We've lost so many good people this year but not him the cruellest joke

It always amuses me when Steph is on location in high viz jacket, helmet etc and everyone around her is wearing normal clothing.She hasn't exactly mastered English grammar yet either.
  • nathan69nathan69 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where to begin. Kay Burley has to be the most up her own backside person on UK TV, closely followed my the Nagging Machete on BBC Breakfast. Talking of BBC Breakfast Dan Walker is as lightweight as confetti and Steph needs to learn grammar PDQ.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mbessex wrote: »

She has a voice that could strip paint :D
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »
    She has a voice that could strip paint :D

and a face that could strip wallpaper :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does BBC Breakfast need two presenters when Louise was absolutely fine on her own this morning ?
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Naga doesn't get replaced by Sally Nugent! She's ok doing the sport (i.e. In small doses), but sitting there on the sofa for long periods of time, with that look on her face that seems as though she has smelt something unpleasant, no thanks!