Options

ITV: Will they swap some shows?.

Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So what with ITV now having Horse Racing amongst its other sports, will they start swapping shows from the main channel to ITV2 or just not show them when Horse Racing coverage etc. Takes over?.

I am thinking of This Morning as I am show it has been shown on ITV2 before on the occation of The Queen's Jubilee wasn't it when it started on ITV and continued on ITV2 in an extended show?.

After all the BBC swap shows from BBC One to BBC Two and they also show some FA Cup Football on BBC Four etc.

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't most of the racing being shown on ITV2 although they will keep the big races like the Grand National for ITV1.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    So what with ITV now having Horse Racing amongst its other sports, will they start swapping shows from the main channel to ITV2 or just not show them when Horse Racing coverage etc. Takes over?.

I am thinking of This Morning as I am show it has been shown on ITV2 before on the occation of The Queen's Jubilee wasn't it when it started on ITV and continued on ITV2 in an extended show?.

After all the BBC swap shows from BBC One to BBC Two and they also show some FA Cup Football on BBC Four etc.

The Racing is on in an afternoon and This Morning is on er.......in the morning.

Most of the races shown will be on ITV4 and of those on ITV1, the vast majority are on Saturdays
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Racing is on in an afternoon and This Morning is on er.......in the morning.

Most of the races shown will be on ITV4 and of those on ITV1, the vast majority are on Saturdays

Doesn't sound as if there's much of a problem
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratings wise it would be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted off.
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not knowing the horse racing Calander I suppose flat racing might clash with French Open Tennis and Tour de France (Tour of Britain). But not sure how many days ITV are showing racing.
  • Options
    Aaron_2015Aaron_2015 Posts: 3,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Ratings wise it would be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted off.

Why? How are the ratings doing?
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron_2015 wrote: »
    Why? How are the ratings doing?
    Happy New Year!
  • Options
    mightymilliemightymillie Posts: 5,092
    Forum Member
    Not knowing the horse racing Calander I suppose flat racing might clash with French Open Tennis and Tour de France (Tour of Britain). But not sure how many days ITV are showing racing.

The middle Saturday of the French Open is Derby Day, which is obviously going to be on ITV regardless of there being tennis on.
    The men's and women's French Open finals will be on ITV, allowing both the racing on the Saturday and the BTCC on the Sunday to be on ITV4 as normal.

Racing is on ITV3 during the Tour de France.