Instant Replay?

hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
Forum Member
✭✭
I'll probably sound really stupid here but what does instant replay mean?

It is currently set to 15 seconds.

I read the manual but it doesn't really make sense.

I found out what Skip Forward means :o

Comments

• GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably sound really stupid here but what does instant replay mean?

It is currently set to 15 seconds.

I read the manual but it doesn't really make sense.

I found out what Skip Forward means :o

basically it's a skip backwards. Use it for ad breaks so if break is 2mins 30secs long three presses forward two presses backward. They are both editable so you can create your own combination
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah i see, thank you. Why couldn't other things explain it like that :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Or use it whenever somebody talks over you trying to watch television, as in: "Shut up! Now what was the important line I missed...?" {Instant Replay}
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    eric23 wrote: »
    Or use it whenever somebody talks over you trying to watch television, as in: "Shut up! Now what was the important line I missed...?" {Instant Replay}

:D

It's a really handy feature, and I use the forward and backward skips to get through the adverts nice and quick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to customise the skip and replay times -

Menu > Settings > Recording > Ok, third and fourth on list
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it only used for things you have recorded, or can you also use it on live tv when you have paused? I'm not able to try it yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it only used for things you have recorded, or can you also use it on live tv when you have paused? I'm not able to try it yet.

yep use it for both :) but live tv must be in chasing play back and there needs to be something in the buffer. Obviously you can't jump 1 or 2 mins in advance if the signal hasn't been transmitted yet :D However you can jump back on live tv just as you can pause it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep use it for both :) but live tv must be in chasing play back and there needs to be something in the buffer. Obviously you can't jump 1 or 2 mins in advance if the signal hasn't been transmitted yet :D However you can jump back on live tv just as you can pause it

Just for clarity........

Chasing Playback is where you start to watch a recording which is still in the process of recording

I think you are referring to Time Shifting, which is pausing Live TV.

And, as you say, you can use the instant replay and skip buttons in both.

Rgds.

Les.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    savvy wrote: »
    Just for clarity........

Chasing Playback is where you start to watch a recording which is still in the process of recording

I think you are referring to Time Shifting, which is pausing Live TV.

And, as you say, you can use the instant replay and skip buttons in both.

Rgds.

Les.

thanks savvy your right I knew when I typed it that I may have got them mixed up and then I forgot to confirm it before submitting my reply :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks savvy your right I knew when I typed it that I may have got them mixed up and then I forgot to confirm it before submitting my reply :o:D

You are welcome :) I didn't think you would mind me pointing it out.

I always used to get Chase Play & TS mixed up until I thought about it logically - you have to be PLAYING a recording to Chase PLAY back (helped me, anyway :D )

Rgds.

Les.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just one little extra point. With the HDR at present, it is better to chase a recording than timeshift live TV. If you use time shift on a programme that is being recorded, the programme will jump to the live broadcast when the recording ends. It's a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon. It's not a problem with a programme that is not being recorded but there are any number of things that you might do that will cause the timeshift buffer to be cleared.

I've got into the habit of pressing instant record rather than pause if I want to interupt a live programme that is not being recorded. I can then do anything I want with the STB, including putting it into standby, and chase play the recording later. Of course, if you are already recording two programmes and are watching one of the still available channels, timeshift is the only option.
  • TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awo1949 wrote: »
    I've got into the habit of pressing instant record rather than pause if I want to interupt a live programme that is not being recorded. I can then do anything I want with the STB, including putting it into standby, and chase play the recording later. Of course, if you are already recording two programmes and are watching one of the still available channels, timeshift is the only option.

That's a very useful tip. I virtually never watch anything I haven't recorded but it's worth remembering that on the odd occasion I do. It also presumably means you don't suffer from the subtitle bugs that plague timeshift.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    awo1949 wrote: »
    Just one little extra point. With the HDR at present, it is better to chase a recording than timeshift live TV. If you use time shift on a programme that is being recorded, the programme will jump to the live broadcast when the recording ends. It's a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon. It's not a problem with a programme that is not being recorded but there are any number of things that you might do that will cause the timeshift buffer to be cleared.

Timeshift is only available on a 3rd channel when recording two if the two recordings are being made on the same transponder. (only needs 1 tuner)

Watching but not time shifting is available, when recording two on different transponders, on channels on the same transponder as either recording

http://www.hummy.org.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=37772&postcount=1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    there's also a fast forward rewind on mine !!!

:D:D:D