Options

Celebrities Wearing Sunglasses

TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just had to post this one, on At The Races (Racing Channel) Jodie Kidd was interviewed with her wearing a pair of sunglasses which were far to big for her, what is it with these people who insist on wearing "shades", they may think its a fashion statement but they dont have look stupid

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks daft when they were them inside, pointless.
  • Options
    ChieChie Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought about this when Elton John and someone else (can't remember his name, he's Elton John's writing partner or something) were on Parkinson the other day. They both had sunglasses on. Elton's were deep red which isn't particularly attractive. I don't know what it's all about. There was a singer from I think the eighties and he always wore very dark sunglasses after his wife died, to hide the sorrow in his eyes :(
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie Kidd is just a pain in the arse full-stop.

Name any sporting event nowadays - golf, motor racing, horse racing - and she'll be there subjecting us all to her 'expert opinion'.
  • Options
    ArcasArcas Posts: 2,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    Jodie Kidd is just a pain in the arse full-stop.

Name any sporting event nowadays - golf, motor racing, horse racing - and she'll be there subjecting us all to her 'expert opinion'.
    I quite like Jodie. She comes across well in interviews.

She is a talented polo player (OK, not exactly a mainstream sport) and an expert driver.

I think she came top or near the top in Top Gear’s “a star in a car.” or whatever it is called. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching the VMAs and P Diddy (or whatever he calls himself these days) had them on, which is just ridiculous because it was quite dark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Why do celebs wear sunglasses that are 10 times bigger than their face?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FrankUK wrote:
    Why do celebs wear sunglasses that are 10 times bigger than their face?

I know- it looks so stupid. And don't get me started on those ugly aviator sunglasses. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shumailshumail Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    because 20 times bigger may be not available :)
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    shumail wrote: »
    because 20 times bigger may be not available :)

Hmm ... Agenda, much? Just looked at your home page.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I think it's the height of rudeness to talk to someone without removing your sunglasses.

Wear them to protect your eyes from the sun by all means and for fashion but take them off when someone is talking to you and whilst being indoors.

Otherwise you look a complete and utter t**t.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its not sunny, and I'm wearing mine, you can pretty much guarentee that it's because I couldn't be bothered to fanny around putting make up on, but my dark circles are such that I can't possibly go out without them covered!!!
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    The majority of celebs wear them to lessen the glare of being papped, apparently.

Which is a pretty dull explaination really, when you come to think of it.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wear them to be noticed which defeats the purpose I guess. But it's become intentional imo.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just had to post this one, on At The Races (Racing Channel) Jodie Kidd was interviewed with her wearing a pair of sunglasses which were far to big for her, what is it with these people who insist on wearing "shades", they may think its a fashion statement but they dont have look stupid

They look rediculous when inside wearing shades, also I think its highly rude
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always assumed a lot of celebs wear sun glasses to stop their eyes being photographed and their pupils looking, shall we say, rather "enlarged" due to certain exotic substances.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's actually quite rude to wear sunglasses while being interviewed unless the sun is their eyes. It's a way of avoiding eye contact, an attempt to remain detached, which in the case of an interview is in appropriate.