Options

Rate Emmerdale

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
How do you currently rate Emmerdale with Donna's terminal illness secret, Val's HIV, The preparations for the Dingle weddings, Belles fight for freedom, Priya's pregnancy problems?

Feel free to explain your ratings :)

How do you currently rate Emmerdale? 80 votes

Excellent
21% 17 votes
It's ok I am enjoying it
28% 23 votes
50/50 Good&Bad
8% 7 votes
Watchable could be better
20% 16 votes
Rubbish
20% 16 votes
Dont watch it so I wouldnt know
1% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love nearly all the current sls and ED's definitely my favourite soap at the moment. :)
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love ED and I'm looking forward to all the up coming story lines. Well, aside from that bitch being back but hey she's dying so silver lining and all that ;-):D
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love ED, think its excellent barring Vile Val, and Pariah, but she seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth for now, so it's all good:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted rubbish. Far to many Dingles stinking up the joint and to many awful storylines that make as much sense as China merging with Peru to form a super-country.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always been a fan of Emmerdale and have watched on and off since it was set in Annie Walkers kitchen :o

For me it has always gone through phases where I just don't enjoy it or find it exasperating and that where it is for me at the moment; so although I like it I can't really watch it at the moment but I couldn't vote utter ruubish either so I've selected watchable but could be better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I voted Rubbish, which saddens me. The storylines are going on and on at the moment, although its been a breath of fresh air without the arguing Bartons, Declan and Charitys snidy deals and Gangsta Dobbie running her garage like she is Don Corleone.

I like it when Emmerdale is light hearted and fun, i love Bernice's scenes and Kerry , Jimmy and Nico are the main reason i'm still watching
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted 50/50
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »

I like it when Emmerdale is light hearted and fun, i love Bernice's scenes and Kerry , Jimmy and Nico are the main reason i'm still watching

They're the only watchable characters on the show. If a bomb can go off and wipe the rest out then that would be amazing.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I think it could be better in ways but it's enjoyable/watchable on a day to day basis. :)

I also would have preferred it if Val's storyline was handled in a different way to highlight the medical side of living with HIV after we keep being told how advanced the treatment is these days. Plus I'm not impressed with Priya's storyline swinging back to her trying to pry David back. I would have liked it if Priya had a scene with Laurel about what it was like for Laurel to lose Daniel, which resulted in Priya getting help for the sake of the baby. I like Donna's storyline though (sorry Star :blush:) as long as Rhona stops trying to control everyone and I also like how we're seeing Debbie deal with the long term emotional effects of the Cameron storyline as opposed to Chas just moving on to the next bloke (why James >:() like nothing happened. Could do without the Ross spoilers though. :(
    Love ED, think its excellent barring Vile Val, and Pariah, but she seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth for now, so it's all good:D

Pariah :D:D bahaha!
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *whispers* She's back next week. :p

I voted watchable, could be better.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I've always been a fan of Emmerdale and have watched on and off since it was set in Annie Walkers kitchen :o

For me it has always gone through phases where I just don't enjoy it or find it exasperating and that where it is for me at the moment; so although I like it I can't really watch it at the moment but I couldn't vote utter ruubish either so I've selected watchable but could be better.
    Wrong soap mate ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrong soap mate ;-)

Whoops showing me age :blush:
    You know which I kitchen I mean :p mind you I was very young back in those days :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Emmerdale was doing okay until this week. The episodes so far this week have been strangely lightweight - Kerry's wedding quest, David & Alicia's silly storyline, Edna's gestures of goodwill, the comedy element of Val's storyline being played up.

I know it can't be high drama all of the time but it shouldn't be all out comedy either. I hope this isn't a new direction that Kate Oates is going in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    Worst its ever been!!!
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for "It's ok I am enjoying it"

Not enjoying the Adam/James storyline but Moira's character was ruined the moment she cheated on John with Cain, so whatever - I haven't invested any time into her since that happened, so it isn't too bad.

Hate anything to do with Ross. They really need to tone him down and if they've only brought him in to sleep with every woman then get rid now.

Other than those two small niggles, it's good :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Emmerdale was doing okay until this week. The episodes so far this week have been strangely lightweight - Kerry's wedding quest, David & Alicia's silly storyline, Edna's gestures of goodwill, the comedy element of Val's storyline being played up.

I know it can't be high drama all of the time but it shouldn't be all out comedy either. I hope this isn't a new direction that Kate Oates is going in.

I don't think it is. We're just now in the build up to all the drama of the double weddings, (Charity and t'beybeh, James could be Adumb's Daddy? etc Plus Priya and her beybeh, the DyingDonna stuff etc). Not everyone will like all those sls, but it's still drama all the same. I'm really looking forward to the next couple of weeks. :)
  • Options
    niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I hate the Alicia/David/Layla storyline at the moment. Who the hell does Layla think she is playing the hard done by person after some of the things she has done.

I think I must have missed some episodes as I don't remember when Edna came into some money. I remember her having to sell stuff to pay for tootsies treatment at the vets and now she is giving loads of money away around the village. Can someone please let me know where she got it from. Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    niki1969 wrote: »
    I hate the Alicia/David/Layla storyline at the moment. Who the hell does Layla think she is playing the hard done by person after some of the things she has done.

I think I must have missed some episodes as I don't remember when Edna came into some money. I remember her having to sell stuff to pay for tootsies treatment at the vets and now she is giving loads of money away around the village. Can someone please let me know where she got it from. Thanks

Edna was given a scratchcard for her birthday and although she openly threw it away, tarty Vicar, scratched it and realised it had won £20,000.... Edna claimed to have thrown it away again but has been "secretly" handing out dosh to those she considers deserving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I don't think it is. We're just now in the build up to all the drama of the double weddings, (Charity and t'beybeh, James could be Adumb's Daddy? etc Plus Priya and her beybeh, the DyingDonna stuff etc). Not everyone will like all those sls, but it's still drama all the same. I'm really looking forward to the next couple of weeks. :)

Not to mention Loopy and Moron who are supposed to getting married as well, presumably TartyVicar will be doing them all... fnarr fnarr fnarr cos she certainly acts like a biatch in heat :D
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a loyal fan when it was a country-based soap. Now I only watch if I am slumped in a chair after a hard day and can't be bothered to change channels. The Spencer family did not fit the ethos of Emmerdale from the day they arrived, and the acting of the boy playing the son, Sean, is almost criminal. Kerry man, is crude and vulgar. Val is a spiteful, immoral old hag who sours every scene she is in; the HIV storyline has made the stigma of the disease worse. The ugly sex-mad vicaress is not even funny, Dawn French she ain't. The David/Alicia/Leyla/Priya storyline is unbelievabe. A stereotyped 2nd Barton family has been brought in, consisting of a loser Dad, a thief son, a dull son, a gay son and six cows. Having seen all these criticisms, and more, from the majority of viewers/former/viewers. the producer still carries on regardless; unless someone steps in and takes drastic action, the show will go the same way as Crossroads and Brookside.
  • Options
    niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Edna was given a scratchcard for her birthday and although she openly threw it away, tarty Vicar, scratched it and realised it had won £20,000.... Edna claimed to have thrown it away again but has been "secretly" handing out dosh to those she considers deserving.

Thanks for that:)
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member

And only if she approves of what the recipient will spend it on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cherryrose- even if you don't watch it, could you do a poll exactly the same as this but for hollyoaks?
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Wow. Quite a split vote. I'm enjoying at the moment, but I think there needs to be something else to take it higher.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmie is the really the only Soap I watch. Though I have been hard pushed these last months as it seems to be using and re-using a lot of characters that I really don't like ie Val, David, Alicia, Ali etc.

Also this complete fiasco about Adam being James son, which I truly believe is just lazy writing.

I loved the King family and am really sad that there is really only Jimmy left. What I would have done was bring in a young fit stranger who worked in the garage or Factory (as a soap rule, your job has to be within 5 mins of your home) it could turn out that he is Matthew or Carl's long lost son.

Should work as it would seem everyone in Emmerdale has a long lost child somewhere a long the line. He could work as a competitor to Declan and take back Home Farm!!

Or something a long those lines:confused: