Options

EastEnders - Ronnie Mitchell/Samantha Womack Appreciation Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see Ronnie again, although blink and you miss her.
    I hope Charlie tells Ronnie or Roxy soon as I don't want to see a fight between Ronnie and Charlie once she finds out that he knew about Alex.

I think the wedding may be on Valentine's day. Isn't that near the anniversary date? It could be the sub plot balancing the reveal of Lucy's killer.
    Based on my calculations Ronnie would have had the baby by then or would be about to have him, as she said she was 5 months gone when she returned at the end of September.
    Wouldn't it be nice if she had her little boy with her when she gets married to Charlie.
    I see some viewers who want to see the evil Ronnie, but really I hope DTC has dropped the Darth Varder route. That's just as bad as the baby swap, if not worse because nothing justifies taking somebody's life.

On a totally unrelated note Ronnie really reminds me of Elsa's character in Frozen. She is ice cold on the outside but a completely different story inside, so misunderstood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen the spoilers for New Year's Day?

New Year's Day 65 minutes
    Despite secrets and lies, happiness and new beginnings, the new year gets off to an explosive start for all the wrong reasons for a few of the residents.

Do you think happiness and new beginnings is to do with Ronnie? It is ironic but Ronnie is probably the only happy person in Albert Square atm. Maybe she will have the baby on New Years Eve, on James' anniversary.
    I am looking forward to Ronnie having the baby this time and the fact that she won't be alone as Charlie will be with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a614201/eastenders-ronnie-mitchell-to-hatch-plan-over-nick-cotton.html

It is really exciting now as it seems like Nick/Ronnie/baby/Charlie plot is about to start. Can't wait :cool:
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Ronnie is a secondary character this Christmas. She's hardly in December and Roxy is only in one epsiode over Xmas (I guess Ronnie is not having Xmas dinner with Roxy and Amy then which is odd?)

This is why I resent the Carters. They never have a break. Yet when Roxy gets a storyline she only appears every so often and then the storyline is over (Aleks being thrown out). Had Roxy been a Carter, there would have been a week's worth of episodes about it!

I can't wait for all the Carter secrets to be out so EE can move on (no doubt more secrets next year will come out). I just can't help not like the Shirley/Mick story so I'm not going to care when they give us the "poor Shirl" lines.

I read in the TV guide that Shirley tells Ronnie a secret. I wonder which one!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilirose wrote: »
    Nice to see Ronnie again, although blink and you miss her.
    I hope Charlie tells Ronnie or Roxy soon as I don't want to see a fight between Ronnie and Charlie once she finds out that he knew about Alex.

I think the wedding may be on Valentine's day. Isn't that near the anniversary date? It could be the sub plot balancing the reveal of Lucy's killer.
    Based on my calculations Ronnie would have had the baby by then or would be about to have him, as she said she was 5 months gone when she returned at the end of September.
    Wouldn't it be nice if she had her little boy with her when she gets married to Charlie.
    I see some viewers who want to see the evil Ronnie, but really I hope DTC has dropped the Darth Varder route. That's just as bad as the baby swap, if not worse because nothing justifies taking somebody's life.

On a totally unrelated note Ronnie really reminds me of Elsa's character in Frozen. She is ice cold on the outside but a completely different story inside, so misunderstood.

I'm surprised they are having a New Year wedding. Valentine's would have been better and less predictable (Ronnie and the new year seem to go together too coincidentaly.

I have never seen Frozen. Probably not my cuppa tea :kitty:

I wonder if Ronnie will kill Nick? I'm a bit disspointed in the "give Nicjk money and a ticket" story. I mean REALLY. Nick and money??!! like the money he got before?! Nick won't go away just like Carl.

I really hope there is more too the plot then that. I think Nick will kidnap the baby and eat it :D just kidding but I think he'll threaten the baby's life to get what he wants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxy gets the new year duff duff. Hmmmmm. Phil and Roxy second on the 2nd Jan.

The only storyline I can come up that is not Ronnie based (wedding/birth) is that Roxy supplied the drugs that resulted in Lucy's death and finally have a storyline involving Roxy going back on drugs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea why Roxy would get the New Year duff duff. :confused::confused:
    Considering that Phil is the second from the top of the character list maybe it is something to do with her discovering something related to Ben (if he is somehow involved in Lucy's murder as one of the suspects).
    If there was anything related to Ronnie, baby, Nick surely it would be Ronnie, Nick or Charlie who would get a duff duff. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »

I wonder if Ronnie will kill Nick? I'm a bit disappointed in the "give Nick money and a ticket" story. I mean REALLY. Nick and money??!! like the money he got before?! Nick won't go away just like Carl.

I really hope there is more too the plot then that. I think Nick will kidnap the baby and eat it :D just kidding but I think he'll threaten the baby's life to get what he wants.

I think it makes sense for this to be Nick's demise. I hope it is not Ronnie who kills him though:( It would ruin the character regardless of the circumstances of the murder).
    I would like to see something along the lines of Nick kidnapping the baby and for it to become really dramatic, sending Ronnie off the rails. I don't mind her threatening to kill him but I hope that he dies by some sort of accident, (aka Mad May like:confused:), some sort of explosion goes wrong or whatever after the baby has been saved.

Or maybe he doesn't die but Dot turns him in for kidnapping and threatening to kill the baby as well as faking his death. I am sure Dot will play a big part, one way or the other. If Ronnie is the one to kill Nick because he kidnaps the baby, it renders Dot's involvement really insignificant.
    This will probably be a storyline of a moral dilemma for Dot more than anything. Maybe she will get involved in rescuing the baby. For example Nick promises to give the baby back unharmed if Dot and the others promise to let Nick go and not to report him to the police. Dot rescues the baby but reports Nick to the police, not only for the kidnap but also for faking his own death. She may also decide to protect Charlie from prison by not supporting Nick's statement that Charlie was involved in faking Nick's death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it makes sense for this to be Nick's demise. I hope it is not Ronnie who kills him though:( It would ruin the character regardless of the circumstances of the murder).
    I would like to see something along the lines of Nick kidnapping the baby and for it to become really dramatic, sending Ronnie off the rails. I don't mind her threatening to kill him but I hope that he dies by some sort of accident, some sort of explosion goes wrong or whatever after the baby has been saved.

A scenario where maybe Dot turns him in for kidnapping and threatening to kill the baby as well as faking his death. I am sure Dot will play a big part, one way or the other. If Ronnie is the one to kill Nick because he kidnaps the baby, it renders Dot's involvement really insignificant.
    This will probably be a storyline of a moral dilemma for Dot more than anything. Maybe she will get involved in rescuing the baby. For example Nick promises to give the baby back unharmed on the condition that Dot promise not to report him to the police and help him escape. Dot rescues the baby but reports Nick to the police, not only for the kidnap but also for faking his own death. She may also decide to protect Charlie from prison by not supporting Nick's statement that Charlie was involved in faking Nick's death.
    Upon finding out that Dot has reported him to the police, Nick tries to escape and dies in some sort of accident hence leaving Dot to live with the moral guilt of playing a part in Nick's death by reporting him to the police.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when I thought we knew all the Carter dramas, we get a "Who's the Daddy?" and the Shirley's mother storylines.

I mean its getting ridiculous. Too many storries. At least when Ronnie dominated it wass one continous arc not thousands of storylines thrown her way. I should care a character was getting abused but I had no sympathy for Tina. Probably because shes a new character. I should be caring about characters in those situations. Like Kathy and Little Mo in the past.

I really hope Ronnie is in more than just a cameo this Christmas because that plot needs to start coming to the front. I wonder if Ronnie will somehow frame Nick for Lucy's death at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is secret overkill with the Carters but hopefully come January and up the 30th anniversary, they would take a back seat and let the other storylines breathe.
    It looks like Ronnie is going to have the New Year storyline again.
    I read somewhere that Sam is doing panto atm, so I am worried that Ronnie will have a couple of weeks, max with the wedding and the baby, and then Ronnie will be off for weeks.
    Now I don't mind that she is off because other storylines and characters needs screen time too, but if the Nick plot is likely to peak around the anniversary, hopefully Ronnie won't be absent for long, as it is needed to give the storyline momentum and proper build up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    It is secret overkill with the Carters but hopefully come January and up the 30th anniversary, they would take a back seat and let the other storylines breathe.
    It looks like Ronnie is going to have the New Year storyline again.
    I read somewhere that Sam is doing panto atm, so I am worried that Ronnie will have a couple of weeks, max with the wedding and the baby, and then Ronnie will be off for weeks.
    Now I don't mind that she is off because other storylines and characters needs screen time too, but if the Nick plot is likely to peak around the anniversary, hopefully Ronnie won't be absent for long, as it is needed to give the storyline momentum and proper build up.

I agree with your post :) I don't mind that she'll be off because like you say other characters need screen time too and I really like the Carters lol
    To be honest, I was really worried that she'd be the victim of the shock NYD death but with Nick's storyline running until the anniversary, I don't think it makes much sense for it to be her
    I just hope nothing bad happens to her which seems to be something that happens quite often for poor old Ronnie!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never in a million years will DTC kill off Ronnie, especially not now that she is pregnant and about to have the baby so I have no idea who started that speculation. If he ever decides to kill her off there will be a big build up not one episode storyline, blink and you miss it.
    Nick's return plot has hardly been on screen. Why would they kill off one of the main players just as it is about to start build some momentum.

Anyway if anyone has any nostalgia for Peggy and Archie's wedding/Danielle's reveal episode, you will find the link for the full episode in this thread.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2034617
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually surprised how little screen time (if any) Ronnie has had with the Carters with the exception of Shirley. The only scene I recall was that brief one with Linda in Phil and Sharon's house. Can't remember a single dialogue with Mick, Tina or the kids.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness what an episode

Doesronnie get baby back after he is taken
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed that. Last time I was at the edge of my seat like this was Archie and Peggy's wedding episode and Danielle reveal.
    Loved Ronnie and Phil's scenes. Steve and Sam are fantastic.
    I thought it was much better than Christmas episode packed with drama and an ensemble piece.

Ronnie and Eastenders were both trending on twiitter. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have not had the chance to comment on this episode yet but I too was on tender hooks. At one point I actually thought "maybe Sam did quit and Ronnie will die". In some ways her dieing minutes after her baby is born would be poetic to the character but I want to see some happy stuff for her.

I knew she would be in trouble because they foreshadowed it throughout the episode that everything was going to be OK. I loved their Peggy impression and when Phil confronted Ronnie she was doing the "Ronnie finger motion"

So now Ronnie is in a coma (to allow Sam to do the panto) so I guess she won't recover until February now.
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    OMG!!! What an episode huh?
    I was recording EE but switched over for the next prog and I caught the part where Ronnie was flat lining and basically screamed. And went cold. I genuinely thought they killed her off. Then she came back to life. :D

I have to say it was the best episode I watched in a long, long time. Maybe I am biased but Ronnie and Steve really brought it to the table. I knew Rita had so much more in her than what's she given in the past and I was blown away by her. I hadn't seen Steve cry like that in a good while either.
    He flipped out over the cash but his affection for Ronnie runs deep. I haven't cried like that since the Danielle reveal nor has an episode affected much as much since the Danielle reveal.
    Did you see Lauren Crace who played Danielle, tweeted "Oh mum!!!!!!" after that episode? When I saw that, I just went off into Emma's world where Danielle didn't die and pictured how Danielle would be now and how she would react with her mum in hospital, her little brother being born & Charlie as her stepdad.
    I should just be a scriptwriter already. :D
    Really enjoyed that. Last time I was at the edge of my seat like this was Archie and Peggy's wedding episode and Danielle reveal.
    Loved Ronnie and Phil's scenes. Steve and Sam are fantastic.
    I thought it was much better than Christmas episode packed with drama and an ensemble piece.

Ronnie and Eastenders were both trending on twiitter. :D

Agreed. Ronnie trended on Twitter the following morning too. Sam retweeted me and my inner fan girl squealed. :blush:
    The Christmas episode was a bit of a let down for me. I hated the "I'm your mother" being revealed like that and the aftermath being brushed aside. I get that Mick cares more about Linda, so would react like that, but Shirley, like Ronnie held onto that secret for years and she seems to be fine with being brushed aside.
    I always knew Ronnie & Shirley had a deep connection. ;)

Have to say, was mega disappointed in the "twist" of Phil being arrested for tampering with the brakes. I was just "really?"
    And as sad as I am that Emma died, I'm happy it's not Ronnie. Sorry Anna Acton. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness what an episode

Doesronnie get baby back after he is taken

Can you explain more on the baby being taken? I keep hearing about this but can't find anything solid.
  • Options
    Sam Womack FanSam Womack Fan Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Can you explain more on the baby being taken? I keep hearing about this but can't find anything solid.

The baby was taken to the Neonatal unit shortly after his birth due to being born by emergency c - section this was mentioned by the doctor dealing with Ronnie's care.

The News Years day episode was amazingly acted out by everyone involved Sam Womack, Rita Simons, Declan Bennett and Steve McFadden. The bit where Ronnie flatlined was so scary I though she is going die and I remember saying "come on Ronnie!"

After next week, we could be a long wait to see Ronnie again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it refers to this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a619088/eastenders-plan-corrie-faker-emmerdale-kiss-hollyoaks-fight.html

Does anyone know whether Sam has returned to filming yet or is she still on the panto break? For some reason I vaguely recall reading somewhere that she finishes panto on the 5th of January but there is also a chance that I haven't read it anywhere and may have completely made this up.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it refers to this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a619088/eastenders-plan-corrie-faker-emmerdale-kiss-hollyoaks-fight.html

Does anyone know whether Sam has returned to filming yet or is she still on the panto break? For some reason I vaguely recall reading somewhere that she finishes panto on the 5th of January but there is also a chance that I haven't read it anywhere and may have completely made this up.:blush:

Ahh thanks. I thought people were hinting along the lines the baby would be snatched.

I believe she does finish panto on the 5th. I recall seeing someone somewhere on twitter wishing Sam all the best for her final panto show. Or was that last night? Ha, I'm not much help!

Sucks no EE tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Roxy names the baby temporarily, Mathew Mitchell-Cotton.
    I like the name. It certainly is better than Kat's twins or the names suggested in the main forum by some such as Reggie, Theodore, Daniel etc.

Even though is temporarily I doubt Ronnie will change the name when she wakes up. It will be too confusing for the viewers as they would associate Ronnie's baby as Mathew and I don't think DTC wants people to get confused with a name change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a bit confused where is Charlie living now. It seems like he is staying at Dot's. It says in the article of Charlie bonding with the baby that Charlie takes the baby home.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a619339/eastenders-charlie-cotton-finally-accepts-his-son.html

I thought Charlie moved in with Ronnie and they will stay at Ronnie and Roxy's, as Ronnie was getting the room ready for the baby there ages ago. :confused:
    Is Ronnie meant to join him at Dot's when she comes back?
    I can't see that happening even with Nick out of the picture.
    Imagine Dot and Ronnie coming to an agreement about the decor of the house lol.:D