My Darling Mr Q Died Today

QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was so quick. He had a massive heart attack this morning and tried my best with the CPR until the ambulance arrived. Our 14 year old daughter saw this. He had already been to see his GP early this morning and she said go home and she would call and ambulance for him. he came and sorted out what medication he was to bring with him to the hospital. he sat in the living room and his eyes rolled. I went with him to the hospital where he soon passed away. I am alone in the house. Daughter is being comforted by her 2-half-sisters while I'm here thinking of what to do. Heartbroken doesn't even cover how I feel. Also, it's the 15th anniversary of his mothers death. I'm devestated.

Comments

• c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what to say. Have you got anybody who can be there with you ?
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am alone at home. Daughter is with her half-sisters and I have told everyone in the family (the most dreaded of phone calls).
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear this QwertyGirl.

Hugs
    x
  • ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wholehearted condolences to you, I dont know what to say to help, but you have friends on here, and am sure you have many friends. Try to have someone with you.

sending huge huge hugs to you
    Pat xxx
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that is absolutely tragic, im so sorry for your loss. Have you no-one that can come round to you or someone you can go and see? Dont know what else to say, im so sorry x
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a terrible shock, my deepest sympathies... not a lot anyone can say to that.

Just be there for your family and let them be there for you, at least you were there with him?
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really sorry to here this OP. Have you got some friends that could come over? Take care of yourself xx
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. Words are not enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our song
    Gladys Knight & The Pips
    You're The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
    And I mean every single word
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-VE5XB69Co&feature=related
  • miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh QwertyGirl! Oh I am so so sorry to hear that! (((hugs)))
    Please do call someone to come be with you, I hate the thought of you being all alone at this time!
    Obviously there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel any better at all, but just know that we are all thinking of you!
    i wish we could all do more!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, no advice, only condolences. So sorry for your loss. x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry QG. Take care of yourself xxx
  • abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How awful for you. The suddeness is so shocking and takes a while to sink in. I can only send my love and condolences. I hope you will have someone to be with you tonight as you and your daughter both need comfort and support.

xxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sitting where he collapsed. My heart is empty. But I feel so, so sad for our daughter. I have to be strong, I know it. But it was so quick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't begin to understand what to say. All I will say is that if you want to have some one come and sit with you. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Oh, I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry, Qwertygirl.
    Please make an effort to eat just little bits over the coming week, I know you've got a great big rock sitting in your stomach but do try.
    I have been through this myself and if I can help at all please PM me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all. I don't know what to do. The house is clean, I cannot eat. Mr Q was looking forward to the Indian F1 too. My next door neighbours were also with us this morning when this happened. But they are at work and I don't want to disturb them. The hardest phone call I ever made was to his daughters. We were only talking about Christmas yesterday. His sister and brothers are very upset. As they live around the world, they cannot get a flight till next week.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad for you QG, I've seen you post about "Mr Q" on here before and your closeness was obvious from what you wrote. I don't know how I would cope if I lost Mrs MF in those circumstances, it doesn't bear thinking about.

So sorry for your loss, I don't know what else to say. :(
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so sorry to hear this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People may think 'why am I posting this', but I cannot cope without him. 19 years almost. We always said he had another 30+ years and that I would be a pensioner with him. He was 69. Too young.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Dont know what to say. Just so sorry and we are all here for you (((big hugs))) xxx
  • abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can totally understand why you would want to talk about the love of your life - so don't worry if anyone judges you for posting.

Remember all the laughter you shared over the years, and always talk about him if you want. He will forever be part of you, nothing can change that.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abivan wrote: »
    I can totally understand why you would want to talk about the love of your life - so don't worry if anyone judges you for posting.

Remember all the laughter you shared over the years, and always talk about him if you want. He will forever be part of you, nothing can change that.

I agree
  • miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abivan wrote: »

I agree

I too agree.

I doubt anyone is questioning your motives for posting. You feel you need someone to talk to, and quite rightly you want to talk about the man you have been sharing your life with.

I hate that you are alone in that house, BUT I am sure I speak for all of us here when I say that we are all here with you. xxx
This discussion has been closed.