Options

Weight Problem - Feel Like Killing Myself!!!

TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In 2 months time my niece is getting married and I ordered some various outfits from some outsize catalogues online which all got delivered today and this evening I was trying them on!! They are size 24, but I discovered that I am gonna have to order the next size up!! I have never been so fat in all my life!! I used to be so slim, so much so, that I was an amateur dancer in my teens and early 20s!!

My son was born by C-Section 25 years ago, then I had an ectopic pregnancy, suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome(M.E)-even now, had severe depression, totally neglected myself to look after my disabled husband who sadly passed away 2 years ago, suffered a severe spiritual crisis 15 years ago, a couple of suicide attemps, live a virtually sedantry lifestyle due to spending virtually all day online with courses and a long distance editing job(I send my work over to the USA). For years I even resorted to comfort eating!!

Basically, I am a total disaster, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually!! I feel and look like a hot air balloon!!

After I tried those clothes on I just sat down on my bed and cried and cried!! I literally felt like ending it all!!

The thing is, I cant "get it together" mentally and emotionally to even go on a diet and exercise right now!!

I am at my lowest ebb!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Comments

• Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh hun (((())) Sorry to hear that you are low.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    You could lose 2lbs a week till the wedding. Thats about a stone.

Then carry it on for a year and you'll lose 5 stone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but how???
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to post a serious answer to this, but there's something not quite right about this thread...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaawww Hunni I've been where u are
    It all seems so useless & pointless, if motivation could be bottled and bought we'd have no problem
    I suggest the Lipotrim diet, it's a shake diet no other foods consumed
    It's hard but it really honestly works
    In 8 weeks I lost 34lb
    Try it
    You've nothing but weight to lose
    X
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Are you serious??

Diet and exercise.... and if you don't like exercise then don't bother and just get an even better diet.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go and see your Doctor. He/She will be able to help/advise you on both your mental well being and your weight :)
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I would make an appointment with the doctor. You sound like you need help to improve your mood. Until you improve the way you feel you'll never improve your weight. From the sounds of things, you've been through a lot and there is nothing wrong with asking for a bit of help.

Secondly, get yourself out for a walk (even a very slow one) for around 30 minutes at least 3 or 4 times a week. It'll make you feel better (which is the most important thing) and in time help you to lose a bit of weight and become fitter.
  • Options
    Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dieted the cheats way and took a diet pill, losing on average a stone a month.

I'm not proud of it as I'd love to do it the proper way without a pill to help but I am exercising loads and healthy eating also, all its done is suppressed my appetite and stopped cravings.

It's an extreme way of dieting I suppose,I had 3 stone to lose so not a huge amount of weight but I have no willpower and I comfort eat!

The side effects can be extreme (im lucky there hasn't been any) and it's far from cheap but it gave me the kick I needed to change my eating habits.

Even though it's worked for me it's not for everybody and if I'm honest I sort of wish I'd not taken them as I worry what damage I may have done to my body and also that I won't maintain the loss.

It's also not cheap!
  • Options
    Aaron.BishopAaron.Bishop Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ain't being funny but some how you need eventually find something for you to loose the weight you are trying to lose, go to your local GP and ask him or her for some advice though they could most likely say that you should go on a very strict diet. Don't put yourself down now though because trust me something can be done to solve you're weight problems. Good luck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I have a hernia, and the doctors wont treat that untill I have lost a lot of weight!!
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have your problem never having been fat but I can honestly say that I was surprised how much I've enjoyed running since I started a year and a half ago. I forced myself to go at first and struggled to go half a mile but now a "short" run for me is 4 miles.

As you are so large (and I'm honestly not being rude here) I would suggest that you start by going for a nice walk every evening and then gradually build up distance and/or speed. Once you've started you'll enjoy it.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    Also, I have a hernia, and the doctors wont treat that untill I have lost a lot of weight!!

In the area where I live we have an obesity clinic where you get a diet plan, free use of the gym and counseling to help you.

Something like this would help you so as others have said contact your dreams and ask for help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I would make an appointment with the doctor. You sound like you need help to improve your mood. Until you improve the way you feel you'll never improve your weight. From the sounds of things, you've been through a lot and there is nothing wrong with asking for a bit of help.

Secondly, get yourself out for a walk (even a very slow one) for around 30 minutes at least 3 or 4 times a week. It'll make you feel better (which is the most important thing) and in time help you to lose a bit of weight and become fitter.

This is the best advice OP. Take one thing at a time, you're looking at the big picture and getting in a panic. I have a number of illnesses and it's a constant battle to control my weight due to not being able to exercise as much and I'm a swine for comfort eating. I try to stay on the Slimming world diet as it doesn't feel like a diet. I don't like slimming groups so I just went for one day, got the books bought the shopping guide and anything else that interested me and then went it alone. Minimins.com is a great site, I just use it for reference without joining, but they appear to be a very supportive bunch of people who have lots of different circumstances and illnesses etc. There is also a weight loss thread here. You're welcome to PM me any time. Please go to your doctor first, then come back and we'll all help you with the next task on your list. :) x

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/eating_distress
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/mentalhealth/Pages/Helplines.aspx
    http://www.b-eat.co.uk/
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1418012&highlight=weight+loss
    http://www.minimins.com/
    http://www.slimmingworld.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    change you're diet and go for walks (Better than jogging) trust me exercise will do wonders.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calorie counting really is the key to losing weight. I have lost 20 pounds just by sticking to a calorie controlled diet, eating veg and fruit, and one hour's exercise a day.

I eat those Weight Watcher meals and they're yummy. The portions are small but you get used to them and you can always have a couple of apples to fill you up, if need be.

If I can do it, anyone can. Good luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I understand where you're coming from, I have fibromyalgia which is in the same health bracket as M.E. and I find it difficult to exercise, but it can be done. But first off, you need to talk to your GP and look into some counseling, you sound severely depressed and it's even harder to get motivated when you're suffering from depression.

There's a fairly simple rule to weight loss. You have a daily allowance of 2000 calories, and if you want to lose weight can go down to just 1500 or under. Some things contain a surprising amount of calories when you check them, and some things are so low in fat you could eat a full packet and still come under your treat budget (jaffa cakes, but only certain brands, are like 36 calories each). I find yoga is good exercise that doesn't leave me in agony, and I'm taking Devil's Claw root to reduce inflammation which also seems to be working as an appetite suppressant. You really need to talk to your GP before you do anything else, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calorie counting really is the key to losing weight. I have lost 20 pounds just by sticking to a calorie controlled diet, eating veg and fruit, and one hour's exercise a day.

I eat those Weight Watcher meals and they're yummy. The portions are small but you get used to them and you can always have a couple of apples to fill you up, if need be.

If I can do it, anyone can. Good luck.

I love the weightwatchers tomato and basil chicken
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used these guys for a month when I porked out after a long term knee problem (couldn't do any exercise) and managed to drop a stone in a month.

http://www.weighttogo.com/

The trick is not to rebound, but the discipline you gain when following the diet does help with that; after the initial stone 'shock' drop, I maintained a similar diet sourced from the supermarket, with increasing levels of exercise after I'd had my knee op, and dropped a further three stone over the next 4-5 months to reach my target weight of 12 stone. The more weight you lose, the easier it is to exercise as well, so slowly increasing exercise levels at the same time is a good way to recondition yourself - even just a 30 minute brisk walk every day early in the morning with that nice fresh air can work wonders.

It's doable, but you just need to find another distraction, which is what food was to me when I was essentially immobile. I replaced snacks with apples and tangerines and drank green tea instead of pop and have maintained that to this day some years later.

Good luck!

PS, what's your job? I like the sound of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the best advice OP. Take one thing at a time, you're looking at the big picture and getting in a panic. I have a number of illnesses and it's a constant battle to control my weight due to not being able to exercise as much and I'm a swine for comfort eating. I try to stay on the Slimming world diet as it doesn't feel like a diet. I don't like slimming groups so I just went for one day, got the books bought the shopping guide and anything else that interested me and then went it alone. Minimins.com is a great site, I just use it for reference without joining, but they appear to be a very supportive bunch of people who have lots of different circumstances and illnesses etc. There is also a weight loss thread here. You're welcome to PM me any time. Please go to your doctor first, then come back and we'll all help you with the next task on your list. :) x

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/eating_distress
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/mentalhealth/Pages/Helplines.aspx
    http://www.b-eat.co.uk/
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1418012&highlight=weight+loss
    http://www.minimins.com/
    http://www.slimmingworld.com/

All this information is brilliant!! In fact I have been to a doctor and really she never gave me anything like this in the way of information and advice!!! I have never even heard of half of the support groups and clinics that are on the NHS site!!!:eek::eek:

Thank You!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    Yeah, but how???

1500 calories a day
    Walk for 30 mins a day at a fast pace so that you're sweating. (if you don't sweat you aren't working hard enough) - see a doctor first though.

That's a start.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joolz1975 wrote: »
    I love the weightwatchers tomato and basil chicken

I eat four of those meals a day and I am still under the 1,000 calories. So I eat some extra fruit and veg to knock it up to 1,400 calories a day.:D

I'm never hungry.
  • Options
    Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    euphie wrote: »
    I would love to post a serious answer to this, but there's something not quite right about this thread...

I think it is the number of exclamation marks after each negative remark.

Makes it seem lighthearted and as if they are joking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I eat four of those meals a day and I am still under the 1,000 calories. So I eat some extra fruit and veg to knock it up to 1,400 calories a day.:D

I'm never hungry.

I might get some more in as I'm trying not to eat bread so they would be good to have at lunchtime at work.