Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire announced

Comments

• ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    davies24 wrote: »
    Finally finished the delta episode. Spent hours and hours mass catching ralts' to get some synchronizers. Filled 2 boxes I think, including 1 shiny and am still missing some of the ones I was after, most importantly timid. Managed to get the jolly I needed for rayquazza though, not that I'm going to use any of the legendaries.

Am off work until Wednesday which gives me some spare time to go to wherever this ticket takes me and finally start breeding. Going to need to get the bank at some point and start transferring.

Is there a training place like that doubles cafe in x/y that makes leveling up less of a chore?

Yeah, I need to get pokemon bank. I've just been trading to myself from X and Y. It works, but it's kind of slow! Annoying you need a credit card to get it, I only use switch and you have to add £10 I think, and I'd only ever use the £5 needed for pokebank, so it's a bit of a waste.

As for levelling, watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5fErc2tWD8

Scan the secret base codes in the description (it just involves taking a picture of them using the 3ds). I think she links to at least six. They are secret bases with nothing but Blissey, you can battle them once a day and you can quick travel to them easily because they're all at the secret meadow.

It's a triple battle, so as long as you have one pokemon at a high-ish level with a strong physical move, you can take them down easily, and they have no attacking moves, just to make it easier. Activate the exp o-power and hold a lucky egg and make sure to activate the level cap thing inside their secret base, or they will only be level 50, rather than level 100.

I was getting 40.000+ exp for each one and I still only have level 2 exp o-power! You can get a pokemon to level 50 in about 5 minutes using this, and level 100 in about half an hour.

If you need to get a lucky egg, use that poke detection app thingy to find pelippers that are holding it, and then use a move like thief to get them. I got 3 pretty quickly this way, so you can have 3 pokemon holding a lucky egg in the triple battle :)
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Cheers, not too clued up with secret bases so will have to read into them. I've got quite afew lucky eggs already, spent ages trying to find pacifidlog and ended up running into loads of pelippers while lost at sea :p

Still missing some o-powers aswel, can only remember running into the o-power man once so not sure how I've got so many of them already. Will have to go and find exp, money and hatching ones anyway.
    Forum Member
    Cheers, not too clued up with secret bases so will have to read into them. I've got quite afew lucky eggs already, spent ages trying to find pacifidlog and ended up running into loads of pelippers while lost at sea :p

Still missing some o-powers aswel, can only remember running into the o-power man once so not sure how I've got so many of them already. Will have to go and find exp, money and hatching ones anyway.

Yeah, I was confused too. Takes about 15 mins of faffing about, but once you've set it up, it's as easy as flying over to the area, and saying you want to battle. You've already done the annoying part of getting the lucky eggs. The o-powers are all got from the guy in the Mauville City pokemon centre. Once you've picked up a couple of o-powers, exit the centre and come back later, there will be another guy stood in the same place who will give you more o-powers.

Once you have your own secret base, you get a pc inside it. You go to that and select "Manage QR Code patterns", then "Find a Secret Base". This starts up the DS camera. Take a picture of the QR codes she linked to in the description of that youtube video and they will be open secret bases you can just walk into.

All five of them are in the 'Secret Meadow'. Go over and discover it, it's one of the green squares on the map, then you can simply fly straight to it. It's a small island and all the secret bases are right next to each other. You go inside their base, press the level release, activate your o-power, then speak to the person in the base and you can ask them for a battle and all of them are 3 Blisseys which give out huge exp and have no attacking moves :p
    Forum Member
    Just got that done, tried to take a picture off the youtube video at first and must have failed dozens of attempts. The link in the description got all 5 more or less first time. Won't let me battle atm though, says I have to come back tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    Just got that done, tried to take a picture off the youtube video at first and must have failed dozens of attempts. The link in the description got all 5 more or less first time. Won't let me battle atm though, says I have to come back tomorrow.

Ah yeah, forgot about that. You have to wait a day for some reason
    Forum Member
    Just set the bank up, started breeding for a carvanha and realised I'm not going to get far without any dittos. Maxed HP and attack but will have to transfer my dittos to get anymore done.

Had to spend ages earlier getting the destiny knot. Defeated the guys in sea mauville atleast 20 times but they just weren't handing it out.
    Forum Member
    Just set the bank up, started breeding for a carvanha and realised I'm not going to get far without any dittos. Maxed HP and attack but will have to transfer my dittos to get anymore done.

Had to spend ages earlier getting the destiny knot. Defeated the guys in sea mauville atleast 20 times but they just weren't handing it out.

I used speed boost Sharpedo in X. It worked so well with focus sash, destiny bond and good move coverage. I was surprised when it got a mega, a bit like Mega Sableye, I think I prefer the normal form.

I was lucky with the destiny knot, I think I got it third time. Seems a silly way to get such a crucial item if you ask me!

It also seems like they've nerfed the amount of exp the Blisseys give, or at least, I'm getting less now. It's still loads though.
    Forum Member
    Managed to get 5 iv carvanha and mawile so far. Going to breed 6 new competitive pokemon that I didn't already have in X/Y. Will have a decent collection of them then.

Collected most of the mega stones earlier. Missing Garchomp that needs flag collecting, one from the beauty competition thingy, diancie, and then slowbro when the tide changes.

One round of the blissey farming and my main game team is up to 100, 95, 95, 95, 87 with Linoone up to 83. Should max out after I challenge them all tomorrow so it's all good.

Onto Kangaskhan now
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Yesterday I went up against a team in a triple battle that included mega Raquaza, Primal Kyogre and Primal Groundon. They also had three other legendaries. I didn't realise you could essentially have three megas on your team for wifi battles, seems pretty broken to me.

Still I beat them with my Mega Swampert, Dragonite, Infernape, Draglage, Alakazam and Gengar team that I bred and trained to be perfect :p.
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Yesterday I went up against a team in a triple battle that included mega Raquaza, Primal Kyogre and Primal Groundon. They also had three other legendaries. I didn't realise you could essentially have three megas on your team for wifi battles, seems pretty broken to me.

Still I beat them with my Mega Swampert, Dragonite, Infernape, Draglage, Alakazam and Gengar team that I bred and trained to be perfect :p.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous that you can do that. It seems the game treats the primal evolutions differently for some reason, still at least you won! Always more satisfying when that happens against a team like that. I managed to beat a mega Kangaskhan the other day with an Arbok :p That intimidate forces switches all over the place, so I managed to get a coil up, then somehow survived a double super effective earthquake and KOed it with a gunk shot-sucker punch combo!

I think the trouble with all the uber stuff is everyone knows the sets, and legendaries don't often tend to have priority or status moves, so you can just set up all over them. I know people will play how they want, but there's no fun for me in just using the same half dozen legendaries all the time, and you can't use them in the battle maison. I see them more as a novelty and something that's satisfying to beat with some UU team ;p I usually get them and they just stay in my PC box for the rest of my time playing.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay - got all 8 gym badges :D Go me!!

(Yeah, weeks behind everyone else but still :D )
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay - got all 8 gym badges :D Go me!!

(Yeah, weeks behind everyone else but still :D )

Well done :) I still only have 3 as I haven't had the time to play it yet.
    Forum Member
    Fluked my Kanghaskhan. Thought it was going to be a nightmare as you can't get males, so had to resort to breeding a 4iv female with a 3iv ditto. Managed to get a 6iv kanga after roughly the same amount of failed attempts as it normally takes me to get the 5ivs. Neither of the parents had maxed S.Atk so was quite surprised when the baby ended up with it aswel as the 5 I was after.

Took advantage of the Blissey farming and level'd up all my original game team to 100, 5 pickup linoones to 100 and have also started leveling up my X/Y competitive team to 100. Also threw in whatever pokemon needed evolving to fill the pokedex.

As a result I now have all of the Hoenn pokemon except for the legendaries. Going to give the competitive breeding a miss for abit and spend whatever time I get away from the secret bases working on catching the legendaries that are available on Omega Ruby.
    Forum Member
    Fluked my Kanghaskhan. Thought it was going to be a nightmare as you can't get males, so had to resort to breeding a 4iv female with a 3iv ditto. Managed to get a 6iv kanga after roughly the same amount of failed attempts as it normally takes me to get the 5ivs. Neither of the parents had maxed S.Atk so was quite surprised when the baby ended up with it aswel as the 5 I was after.

Took advantage of the Blissey farming and level'd up all my original game team to 100, 5 pickup linoones to 100 and have also started leveling up my X/Y competitive team to 100. Also threw in whatever pokemon needed evolving to fill the pokedex.

As a result I now have all of the Hoenn pokemon except for the legendaries. Going to give the competitive breeding a miss for abit and spend whatever time I get away from the secret bases working on catching the legendaries that are available on Omega Ruby.

I actually find it easier with the female only ones. I find something in that egg group that I already have with 5ivs and male, and I know the egg I get will be female, so I can swap it out if it has better iv's. I think after X and Y, I had at least one perfect pokemon for each egg group.

I was going to make a sun team. That's the only thing I miss about the earlier gens, because weather abilities stop after a few turns and I preferred it when it was permanent!
    Forum Member
    Didn't even think about getting another male from the monster egg group. Got quite afew 5ivs from there already.

They've gone overboard with the legendaries in this game, didn't even realize there were so many of them. The gens I skipped (3-5) seem to have like 10 legendaries in each of the games. Caught the regi trio, ho-oh, heatran and uxie. Terrakion next then azelf after 9pm.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finally got this last Tuesday. Up to the 7th gym now. It's awesome!
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    have got 7 badges, am just about to confront team aqua in the sea cavern
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished the main game, finished the delta episode - though I made Deoxy faint so I'll have to go back & get him.

Not quite as into the post game as with X/Y but that could be the time of year or maybe missing my X/Y battle team - especially Sylveon - think I may have to import them via the bank later today.

Is there somewhere in OR/AS to get the pokemon's IVs rated like in X/Y ?
    Forum Member
    The pokemon center on the battle resort. The guy standing on the right side towards the back. It's alot more convenient than X/Y as the breeding centre, IV checker and never ending trail are all in the same place.

I'm now onto the tedious task of breeding/recapturing pokemon to fill the bank with one of everything. I sorted everything into my x/y boxes in order but only had the fully evolved forms, so atleast I've got somewhere to begin. Between that and over a dozen boxes of wonder traded stuff on each game I've got more slots filled than blanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Davies - got it :D
    Forum Member
    Pokedex: 694, with one of everything stored in the pokebank.

That's everything in X and Omega Ruby wrapped up now. Think I'm on 7 badges in my Y playthrough so will have to finish that when I get the chance. Need Yvetel, Zapdos and hopefully the spare Mewtwo and Zygarde can be used to get Articuno.

Only missing the Alpha Saphire legendaries then. Maybe I'll buy that at some point in 2015.
    Forum Member
    went to he pokemon centre to heal up and my pokemon caught pokerus, am now in the cave of origin
  • dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I'm new to secret bases. Last night I got to the point where you're given a base.

Is it better to wait until you complete the game to start playing around with this?
    Forum Member
    Well, managed a 62 win streak in the super singles battle maison with Weavile, Gliscor and Mega Gardevoir. I didn't think I'd get that far with this team!
    dephanix02 wrote: »
    I'm new to secret bases. Last night I got to the point where you're given a base.

Is it better to wait until you complete the game to start playing around with this?

Up to you. I waited until I had a bit more money. To be honest, I only really use them post game to quickly level up pokemon using that Blissey thing.
    Forum Member
    i have defeated the elite 4 and now on the delta episode but have no idea what to do, went to the space centre but can't see anything to do