What type of boss do you have

brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
DO you have a relaxing careless boss who lets you get your work and cares less what you do as long as the work gets boss doesnt care or have a strict boss who rules your life and tell u when and how to do stuff and be on time basically a teacher all over again

Comments

• ThatJoshThatJosh Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was really hard to mentally translate, the grammar :(
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    I have a boss who manages not to repeat himself every few days. I guess he has a memory.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DO you have a relaxing careless boss who lets you get your work and cares less what you do as long as the work gets boss doesnt care or have a strict boss who rules your life and tell u when and how to do stuff and be on time basically a teacher all over again

What is this?
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on CravenHaven. I'm waiting for you to do that funny wordy thing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on CravenHaven. I'm waiting for you to do that funny wordy thing :D

Same! :D

It's the only reason I open these threads.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as I can't really translate the OP, I'll answer the thread title. My bosses are my cats. They don't stand for any nonsense if they want something, even if it's just a cuddle.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus wept! Is there no end to it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    ffs!!!!! >:(>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your looking for a job, don't apply to my company as I hate to disappoint unsuitable applicants
    :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Same! :D

It's the only reason I open these threads.

Me too. We have turned CH into a performing seal :D

*throws a few fish around...and a brightly coloured ball*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. We have turned CH into a performing seal :D

*throws a few fish around...and a brightly coloured ball*

I like his names for the OP. Drainpiggy :D
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member

The first one, get it done, no interference, told off if not done. Assuming she remembers she asked me to do it in the first place.
    ecckles wrote: »
    If your looking for a job, don't apply to my company as I hate to disappoint unsuitable applicants
    :blush:

Do you give jobs to people who center everything? If you do, I want to work for you. I can center the crap out of everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    Do you give jobs to people who center everything? If you do, I want to work for you. I can center the crap out of everything.

:D

He's/she's in middle management.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boss is a pain in the arse; he wants targets applied to even the most mundane of tasks, so while you're sitting filling in forms and reports for him, he wonders why other stuff isn't getting done.

Meanwhile he just sits there dicking around all day.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    I have a fantastic boss, she's caring, always doing her best for the people she employs. A really nice woman.

I mean it's me, but I'm sure everyone would agree :p
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    :D

He's/she's in middle management.

Hat tipped sir.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I've only had my current boss for a week but so far she seems pretty decent, we have times we are meant to cover but she doesn't mind who does what as long as the work is done. It's quite laid back and we work as a team. Not really a I'm your manager you must obey me situations. However she's only been there a few months and she came from a different industry so at the moment we are all learning from each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    Hat tipped sir.

Madam actually, but if it makes you happy... :D
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I'm quite lucky to have a laid back one. He doesn't mind if we sometimes take a longer break than we are technically allowed as long as the work is done proper and on time which it always is.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    I'm quite lucky to have a laid back one. He doesn't mind if we sometimes take a longer break than we are technically allowed as long as the work is done proper and on time which it always is.

Same as mine. The office motto is really that as long as the work gets done and no one takes the p, then anything goes really.

It's swings and roundabouts where sometimes we're so busy that it's a 12 hour day without lunch and then others it's quiet so it's long lunches down the pub.

Treating people like grown ups and having give and take is the way to get the best out of staff I reckon
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    brainy-higglelode, I do indeedy have a muchly generous and understandly bossilopper. He invarilode lookly the other wayfare should I take fido minutes for a cigglyrette breakage. Deep joy.

I am of coursley self-employedimented and as suchly, answerforth only to myselflage and don't have to dealy with the unwanty miserabold gits that others may have to sufferagette. Folly folly.
  • breakofdawnbreakofdawn Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    My boss is the worst. She's a control freak and thinks that screaming and shouting will make people work harder (it just makes people create the illusion of working while she's there, unless there is actually work to do but when she flies off the handle it's usually a quiet time hence the lack of work....). She's very rude too, it's one thing telling someone their work is poor, it's another criticising their appearance!

My biggest peeve with her is how she treats the staff like naughty school children. It is a job where a lot of kids aged 16-18 work, but even so I think it's ridiculous speaking to people like they're little children. Having a bit of respect for your staff does wonders for their motivation and having respect for you too.

Luckily this is just a stop-gap job while I'm sorting my life out so it's not a long term situation. Couldn't face the thought of working for her long term!
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I've often wondered what 'brain higgy' means, anyone have an idea?
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I've often wondered what 'brain higgy' means, anyone have an idea?

The feeling you get when you read one of the OP's threads is a "brain higgy". You know, that sort of weird mental spasm you get, when everything goes a bit higgy for a minute or two.
  • GayAtheistGayAtheist Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite lucky in that my immediate boss - who is a ward manager has the same humour as me which is great. Added to that, the registered manager (big boss over all) knows me by name (not for any bad reason, she knows us all by first name) and is personally courteous to me every time I see her. Being an ex-NHS employee this is rare, so I am grateful.